68 coaches online • Server time: 22:19
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Blood Bowl 2024 Edit...goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post RNG speculations
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
bghandras

Post   Posted: Apr 10, 2014 - 14:15 Reply with quote Back to top

I want an American football inspired, non progressional, draft based system, with randomly generated players. (I can manage the player generation by myself externally, and the draft as well, just need the custom rosters). I will donate significant money as soon as I can do that.

Post   Posted: Apr 10, 2014 - 14:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Khemri with thick skull and no decay?

Sign me up for that!

Post   Posted: Apr 10, 2014 - 14:33 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm looking forward to full L goodness and anyone playing how they like. I'm certainly interested in some SL action.

But let's not cross the streams. There are only so many coaches you can reach, putting all of the CRP + / NTBB nonsense in would fracture your possible player base. There will be leagues that will do all of that, and let them get on with it. Let's focus on what is a fun looking Stunty esq project, not poor rules changes that will never be official.
Garion

Post   Posted: Apr 10, 2014 - 15:21 Reply with quote Back to top

bghandras wrote:
I want an American football inspired, non progressional, draft based system, with randomly generated players. (I can manage the player generation by myself externally, and the draft as well, just need the custom rosters). I will donate significant money as soon as I can do that.

this will be possible with custom rosters too.

and Purplegoo.... you crack me up Laughing

Post   Posted: Apr 11, 2014 - 12:08 Reply with quote Back to top

SzieberthAdam wrote:
Nice rosters! One idea: Secret League should adapt NTBB/CRP+ as close as possible. So we could hit two birds with one stone.

how about a NTBB league when the 'cusom rosters for L' is possible? I'm in!

NTBB has halfling catchers ;D
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Apr 11, 2014 - 12:27 Reply with quote Back to top

So does SL and/or SLC.
Roland

Post   Posted: Apr 11, 2014 - 12:50 Reply with quote Back to top

harvestmouse wrote:
So does SL and/or SLC.

yeah, but SL catchers are not possible to TTM Wink

EDIT: not sure what you mean with SLC though...
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Apr 11, 2014 - 12:58 Reply with quote Back to top

IIRC we talked about that and agreed it's too broken to allow it. Fluffwise a fling catcher could say 'Look, I'm the star of this team, do you think I'm going to let him throw my expensive arse downfield?'

So it works from both standpoints, not to allow it. I doubt any teams would be added with this facility. That's not to say you can't do it yourself though.

SLC is Secret League Classic. Garion let me do most of the input on that, hence the mess hahahaha. SLC will certainly have at least 3 teams with halfling catchers.
Roland

Post   Posted: Apr 11, 2014 - 13:16 Reply with quote Back to top

harvestmouse wrote:
SLC is Secret League Classic. Garion let me do most of the input on that, hence the mess hahahaha. SLC will certainly have at least 3 teams with halfling catchers.

There are more secrets??!?
Shocked Exclamation
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Apr 11, 2014 - 13:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Harlequins have fling catchers and icons. Almost definitely grasshuggers, Stoutfellows will have catchers. Crammers may have as well, but none of those teams are on my immediate to do list or maybe one is now that whatball has done some awesome icons. We did recently look into using the C Fling icons though. There's a fun team in the works there!
Roland

Post   Posted: Apr 11, 2014 - 13:34 Reply with quote Back to top

harvestmouse wrote:
Harlequins ... grasshuggers, Stoutfellows ... Crammers

Shocked Very Happy
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Apr 11, 2014 - 13:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Roland wrote:
harvestmouse wrote:

There are more secrets??!?
Shocked Exclamation

Well the project was actually started by Zakatan after a forum thread. He contacted me and Garion and we started to hash out some rosters.

Zakatan got busy, and I'm far too stubborn and difficult to work with. So Garion went on the whole solo. All of this was very amicable.

Garion then had the idea of putting it all up as a wiki, and put literally masses of work/hours/money into get the product you see now. It's a real achievement what he's done.

He works with many people to get rosters. However generally I say he deals with me about concepts, cowhead about icons and Knut about portraits (which Garion commissions out of his own pocket).

Garion originally set up Secret League and Secret League Classic. Secret League being races, Secret League Classic being the old NAF teams.

Generally I'm more interested in creating teams, so at some point I asked if I could have a free run with SLC, which he agreed to.

That said, Garion, me and Cowhead are often tinkering away here and there. As an example I recently did some Clan Eshin icon updates, which reminds me I need to upload some of them still.

All of it, is a project of love that will never be completed. There are always new ideas.
Garion

Post   Posted: Apr 11, 2014 - 13:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah here is the Secret League classic. It hasn't had the same love and attention as Secret League yet, but in time I'm sure Harvestmouse and I will get cracking, but he has been doing bits and pieces when he has had the chance and its very much his baby Smile

oh and here is the link - https://fumbbl.com/help:SecretLeagueclassic

Post   Posted: Apr 11, 2014 - 13:44 Reply with quote Back to top

I will also redesign the Nehekhara Regional Rosters based on new references (including 8th. ed. Army Book) when I will have time. I have to make some icons for them aswell.

Post   Posted: Apr 11, 2014 - 13:55 Reply with quote Back to top

I have to say my appetite is whetted, and it's a rare day when house rules interest me. I could even see a time where this gets it's own, Stunty-esq division.

One question, you've used a lot of 'famous' team names and fluff I think I semi recognise. As a site, are we allowed to use it? On the basis since the C&D we're erring on the side of caution, can we really run a thing called the Darkside Cowboys? I'm surprised we even kept 'Skaven' in the age of Fantasy Football, so there is some precedent I suppose.

Anyway, congratulations on some super work I look forward to playing around with. BigC had been talking big L news for a while now, when the stars align, we're going to be in a lovely place.

Last edited by Purplegoo on %b %11, %2014 - %13:%Apr; edited 1 time in total
 Jump to: