28 coaches online • Server time: 01:46
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Making Assassins mor...goto Post New Team Page Betagoto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Garion

Post   Posted: Apr 11, 2014 - 13:56 Reply with quote Back to top

hmmm interesting. I would change Champion to blitz Ra in all cases, so it is more in line with bloodbowl. Ushabti should also be way more powerful than St 4 players imo. I think Tomb Guardians are meant to be Ushabti tbh.

Im not that great with Tomb Kings tbh, what are - Scythans, Adepts and Slaves and what is their fluff.

Also the Rasetra roster, there is reference to this area in bloodbowl already in a round about sort of way, there is a Khemri Star player called Khonsu that used to be a Saurus and now is a Saurus skeleton that is a Throw Ra now. The stat line should be something like this - 6 4 2 7 thick skull, pass, sure hands

Post   Posted: Apr 11, 2014 - 14:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for the info Garion!

Post   Posted: Apr 11, 2014 - 14:05 Reply with quote Back to top

also I think you would be better off rather making them a khemri lizardmen cross, make the lizardmen players skeletal, like Khonsu is... in his case part Saurus part throw ra

Post   Posted: Apr 11, 2014 - 14:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Good point! Man, don't make me get into it, I have to work! Wink

Post   Posted: Apr 11, 2014 - 14:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Good point! Man, don't make me get into it, I have to work! Wink

Post   Posted: Apr 11, 2014 - 14:10 Reply with quote Back to top

and is adept there because of the Stunty Rosters skink Adept? If so that should be changed as well. Bloodbowl Magazine 5 i think it is, makes numerous references to Chameleon Skinks playing bloodbowl and the general hatred towards them because its so hard to see them. so I think they would be a more suitable player type than adept, but again make them skeletal. Smile

Post   Posted: Apr 11, 2014 - 14:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Scythans are a tribe of alive people living in Numas, the only city which have alive population in Nehekhara. I forgot the fluff of Rasetra. I truly agree it needs to be redesigned so it does not matter. Smile The skeletal lizards are more awesome.

Last edited by SzieberthAdam on %b %11, %2014 - %14:%Apr; edited 1 time in total
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Apr 11, 2014 - 14:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Purplegoo wrote:

One question, you've used a lot of 'famous' team names and fluff I think I semi recognise. As a site, are we allowed to use it? On the basis since the C&D we're erring on the side of caution, can we really run a thing called the Darkside Cowboys? I'm surprised we even kept 'Skaven' in the age of Fantasy Football, so there is some precedent I suppose.

All artwork is original. I believe all the fluff is too (but I maybe wrong there). As for famous teams; well we are using official stars and races. So I don't see a difference there. It wouldn't be massively hard to alter the slightly though.

Here's a good example of what I'd like SLC teams to look like. https://fumbbl.com/help:MaR But just one of these is 20 or so hours alone mabye a lot more. You can sit there with an icon problem for hours trying to solve it....a hand, shading, shape.....Also I have many many creative projects.....

SzieberthAdam wrote:
I will also redesign the Nehekhara Regional Rosters based on new references (including 8th. ed. Army Book) when I will have time. I have to make some icons for them aswell.

I remember when you did this. I was disappointed it didn't garner much interest. This is the sort of thing SL is all about. Giving ideas to make this sort of League on your own. I've looked at it a few times for reference. I'm not sure I like all the team builds, but it maybe some use to us all, and I maybe of use to you in the future. We'll see, my direction tends to be where the wind and my imagination takes me!
Christer

Post   Posted: Apr 11, 2014 - 14:16
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

With the C&D, FUMBBL was asked to not use GW *copyrighted material*. Terms such as Skaven and Blood Bowl are trademarks and not copyrights. Therefore, we have continued to use them.

Copyright involves published images, published text (the text itself, not things like the rules which would need a patent). Then there's this "fair use" thing, and derivative work.. It's complicated. Smile
Garion

Post   Posted: Apr 11, 2014 - 14:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Its fine, I have not used any text, everything in there is my own work. I have written it all from scratch. images are all owned by me. we are safe Wink

as you say Purplegoo there are plenty of nods to real fluff though. but its all my work.

Last edited by Garion on %b %11, %2014 - %14:%Apr; edited 1 time in total
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Apr 11, 2014 - 14:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for the clarification, Christer.

Well, lovely stuff, all in all. I look forward to having a go one day. Fluff is a huge BB weakspot of mine, take it as a compliment I thought I recognised some. Smile
Garion

Post   Posted: Apr 11, 2014 - 14:35 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm just happy people are reading the fluff and rationale bits Very Happy

Post   Posted: Apr 11, 2014 - 15:08 Reply with quote Back to top

The level of nerdism has exploded way beyond my personal treshold with every post about Chameleon Skinks, adepts, khonsu, stoutfellows, extra secretly secret leagues, old magazines and army books.

Keep it going though! And let's make sure all this is still around when I make it to my retirement from work (in 40 years or so...). Very Happy

Post   Posted: Apr 11, 2014 - 15:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Oooh, the Motley Horde. Bagsy using them at first opportunity. Though the numbers may want tweaking, currently it looks like you'd almost never field a hobgoblin.

Post   Posted: Apr 11, 2014 - 15:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Badoek wrote:
The level of nerdism has exploded way beyond my personal treshold with every post about Chameleon Skinks, adepts, khonsu, stoutfellows, extra secretly secret leagues, old magazines and army books.

Keep it going though! And let's make sure all this is still around when I make it to my retirement from work (in 40 years or so...). Very Happy

hehe, I certainly would never claim to be on the cool side of the spectrum, BB magazine was amazing though. I recommend anyone get a hold of them, I'm sure they are hosted online somewhere too if you don't have the hard copies like geeky me Cool

The best magazine is the one with Zara the slayers full background. Andy hall (i think it was) wrote about 4 full pages for her story and its awesome. off the top of my head its number 4 or 5 i think.