22 coaches online • Server time: 02:57
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post SWL Season CIgoto Post RNG speculationsgoto Post Roster Stats - Snotl...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
the_grey_ghost

Post   Posted: Dec 04, 2004 - 00:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Does the JBB client work under Linux. I am very new to linux and I am using a version of Debian called Ubuntu. I have installed java following instructions off the site. Now I cannot even run the Bbowl.jar Can someone help me?
Eddy

Post   Posted: Dec 04, 2004 - 01:37 Reply with quote Back to top

make sure the file is associated with Java. you might want to look for help on the java website though, i'm sorry i can't help, it's been a long time since i've used an X system Wink

Post   Posted: Dec 04, 2004 - 02:24 Reply with quote Back to top

No worries. Ill take a look on java and see.
the_grey_ghost

Post   Posted: Dec 04, 2004 - 02:27 Reply with quote Back to top

I finally got Java to compile the client for some reason each time I change the path to include the Java directory it keeps reseting itself (but I will leave that to the Linux support forum). It says that there was an exception in the main Java program though. I know that there are Mac fumbblers , are there any linux ones?
Candlejack

Post   Posted: Dec 04, 2004 - 15:23 Reply with quote Back to top

you got "Java to compile the client" ?? what ya mean by that?

well.. how to set it up under liniux:

install a jre-1.4.2 sth.. normally your distri should give you one (if ubuntu works similar to the debain versions i used a while ago "apt-get install jre" should do, if not you can get it from blackdown to download and install manually, instructions should be there)

install the client properly to a folder

to permanently change your PATH-variable to include the java dir put "export PATH=$PATH:<path-to-java-binary>" at the end of your .bashrc, every bash you start after doing this, will have the variable set this way, to make it work in the running bash type ". .bashrc" to source the .bashrc file

go to your bb-folder and type "java -jar bbowl.jar"

this worked for me on every linux-distri i used

hth, Candle

Post   Posted: Dec 25, 2004 - 14:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi...

Is there any way to open the client from the Graphical interface?
Im running FC3 ...
Candlejack

Post   Posted: Dec 25, 2004 - 14:44 Reply with quote Back to top

FC3 is your windowmanager i suppose.. never heard of it though.. but usually the windowmanagers have editable menubars or you should be able to add icons to your desktop, at least kde and similar windowmanagers can do that... but i cannot really tell you how to do it.. maybe read the FC3-FAQ (i'm sure there is one on the web somewhere)

Post   Posted: Dec 25, 2004 - 14:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Btw... how can i open the jnlp to use the web launcher?
Candlejack

Post   Posted: Dec 25, 2004 - 14:52 Reply with quote Back to top

go there http://fumbbl.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=733 it tells you how to get the replays working in your browser by adjusting the mime types.. if you do this you should also be able to use the play link on the site...

Post   Posted: May 18, 2006 - 16:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi I am running ubuntu breezy badger and when I try to start the Java BloodBowl program (via 'java -jar Bbowl.jar') I get the follwing error:

** ERROR **: file ../../../src/libjava/jni/gtk-peer/gnu_java_awt_peer_gtk_GtkImage.c: line 572 (createRawData): assertion failed: (data_fid != 0)
aborting...
Aborted

Has someone an idea of what I could do?
Snorri

Post   Posted: May 18, 2006 - 16:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Have you installed sun's java or are you using Ubuntu's default java?
cheup

Post   Posted: May 18, 2006 - 16:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Ahh. Thanks a lot.

I used ubuntus defualt java and now downloaded the newest version from SUN.

With this it works.

But still I have problems with starting the client with javaws (Java WebStart) via the "Play"-Link. When I do so and start the program as server nothing happens.
Snorri

Post   Posted: May 18, 2006 - 17:59 Reply with quote Back to top

You probably need to tell your browser to associate the .jnlp extension with javaws (java web start program) program.

Just do a search on your machine for the 'javaws' binary and configure it to work with .jnlp extensions in the MIME type definitions section in the browser. Candlejack's link above might help you, but PM me if you run into trouble.
peikko

Post   Posted: May 19, 2006 - 09:36 Reply with quote Back to top

FC3 == Fedora Core 3
Personally I have just made launcher to my taskbar that runs short script that changed working directory to JBB-folder and then runs client.
Snorri

Post   Posted: May 19, 2006 - 09:57 Reply with quote Back to top

peikko wrote:
FC3 == Fedora Core 3
Personally I have just made launcher to my taskbar that runs short script that changed working directory to JBB-folder and then runs client.

I usually start the client from a custom made menu item. But you shouldn't need to if you prefer starting it from the launcher in your browser. Firefox has always been ok with it, and Christer put the fix for Opera I sent him a while ago. Easy as pie since then.
 Jump to: