34 coaches online • Server time: 14:45
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Finishing the 60 Gam...goto Post Borg Invasiongoto Post GIF Guide
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
KnowFear

Post   Posted: Oct 22, 2005 - 21:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Question if a reload is not what it should be and you continue without sync cause it tends to cause more problems then not if you have the ball. and you think you are done the turn since you moved everyone but on the opponents computer it shows you didnt move a person. if both agree can the game be canceled or if one person says lets cancel can he cancel teh game.
Laviak

Post   Posted: Oct 24, 2005 - 10:13 Reply with quote Back to top

The way I see it is as follows (note that this is purely my interpretation of the rules and could certainly be wrong)...
If you both agree, you can drop the match, or if the match is "unplayable" (in which case, hopefully you both agree to drop it). Otherwise I think you need to play it out, but both sides should try to recreate what happened befre the reload as closely as possible. If you can't both agree, then I think you would need to take it to an admin to decide whether you have to play on, or whether the match should be cancelled.

Just a tip: Its a really good idea (especially after a reload) that you confirm that both players are happy that the field looks 'correct' to them (i.e. that they see one ball, and that they see it in the right place), otherwise things can get a bit messy. Actually, I might put together a brief "how-to" for loading games - it's not completely obvious, but I think I have an understanding of the "best" ways to ensure that you can get a successful reload.

sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Oct 24, 2005 - 13:01 Reply with quote Back to top

the best way to fight against the bug: sync

sync introduce what I call the "ball bug": unless the ball carrierer is blocked you can't move him anymore and he doesn't have the ball in hand.

How to solve it?

after the sync play your turn normally. When you see a "game saved", reload. Everything is fine again!