74 coaches online • Server time: 23:08
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post New Team Page Betagoto Post Making Assassins mor...goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
BB-Pad

Post   Posted: Dec 08, 2005 - 17:43 Reply with quote Back to top

The climax of the 2005 Orca Cola Cup Series is upon us! The final of the Orca-Cola Classic is being contested by Mully's A Pack Of Lips Now and Redfish's Wasteland Crusaders.

Mully's chaos dwarves have already assured themselves of the OCC Series title although it looked to be slipping from their grasp after they nearly failed to qualify for the knockout stage of the Orca-Cola Classic. Redfish's chaos on the other hand have come out of nowhere and winning this tournament could give them a 2nd place Series finish!

Forecasts & Key Men:

APOLN 318/241, WC 250/230 - There's not a lot of difference in terms of strength but the Lips will be giving up 3 handicaps which could make a big difference in the outcome of this game. This guy has scored 27 times in 65 games and has been known to let off a few key passes too!

Key man for APOLN looks to be their top scorer, superstar hobgoblin Peter Piper. While WC's potential match-winner is big-handed emerging star beastman Omgor Manbane, the top-scorer for his team with 9 TDs in 23 games.

The handicaps and APOLN's couple of nigglers could decide Mully's fate on this one, so I'll go for a narrow Crusaders win.

Post   Posted: Dec 09, 2005 - 11:38 Reply with quote Back to top

When is this game being played? Tried to buy tickets from the OldWorldTicket Ltd, but they didn't know the time either. Not really caring for who wins, just like to see those dirty hobgoblins getting beaten. Wink

Post   Posted: Dec 09, 2005 - 15:01 Reply with quote Back to top

The game should have been played last night at 03:30 BB-time.

Unfortunately a magic storm was raging in the area of the designated stadium and this blocked out all transmissions to crystall balls all over the Old World. This caused the various sponsors to demand that the match be rescheduled. All involved hope that the game can commence at 03:30 BB-time this evening.
Kyyberi

Post   Posted: Dec 09, 2005 - 19:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Friday Night Lights is on! Too bad that I think Ican't see it, it's the middle of night in here then. But good luck to both, except Mully's hobgoblins. Never liked those wannabe-goblins/wannabe-elves. If I somehow can spectate that game, I'll boo very loud everytime those wannabe-players touch the ball Smile

Post   Posted: Dec 09, 2005 - 20:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Well - so far the game is off. Hope died like a butterfly in the winter... Damn I hate cable companies right now...
Da_Todfatha

Post   Posted: Dec 14, 2005 - 01:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey Everyone,

OCCS '06 is now accepting applications to all 6 of it's minor tournaments. these 6 tournaments will be run every month (so long as there are 8 eligible teams to play). So get your teams applied, then get your friends to apply thier teams!!! You must participate in a Minor to be eligible for the Major of that calendar quarter. And as always....

YOU GOTTA BE IN IT TO WIN IT!!!!!
Frankenstein

Post   Posted: Dec 14, 2005 - 01:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Really looking forward to the first minors of this year's OCCS-season! Very Happy
Da_Todfatha

Post   Posted: Dec 17, 2005 - 19:15 Reply with quote Back to top

remember everyone, you can have up to 1 team in each of these tournaments. We need 8 teams minimum to run each tourney.

Reikland Rookie Cup - TR 100, has 6 teams signed up, needs 2

Orcland Wooden Shield - TR 125 max, has 3 teams needs 5

Middenheim Challenge - TR 150 max, has 4 needs 4 more

Antipodal Regional Shield - TR 175 max, has 7 needs 1

Albion Regional Challenge - TR 200 max, has 9 needs 7 for a 16 team tourney!

Amorical regional Playoffs - TR 200+, has 5 needs 3 more.

heheh Bump btw.
Kyyberi

Post   Posted: Dec 18, 2005 - 13:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, here's my part to the tournament. Blackswamp Devils, THE gobbo team, came to kick ass in Middenheim Challenge. And Blitzburgh Stealers went to Antipodal Regional Shield.

Post   Posted: Dec 18, 2005 - 14:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Okay things are looking much better today!!! I will continue to recruit, but we definitley will have some tourneys to run when 2006 rolls around. I was getting worried as the market is currently flooded with Tourney circuits. hehehe here's the stats:

2006 Tourney Update

Reikland Rookie Cup - TR 100, has 6 teams signed up, needs 2

Orcland Wooden Shield - TR 125 max, has 3 teams needs 5

Middenheim Challenge - TR 150 max, has 7 needs 1 more

Antipodal Regional Shield - TR 175 max, has 10 needs 6 more for a 16 team tourney!

Albion Regional Challenge - TR 200 max, has 9 needs 7 more for a 16 team tourney!

Amorical Regional Playoffs - TR 200+, has 9 needs 7 more for a 16 team tourney!
El_Jairo

Post   Posted: Dec 21, 2005 - 17:42 Reply with quote Back to top

My Gods of the Deaths http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=222657, want to join the Reikland Rookie Cup, to spread more death.

Post   Posted: Dec 21, 2005 - 17:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey Everyone, many of you are still PM'ing me and/or posting here, it is now much easier to apply a team to a tourney!

Use the Links on the OCCS Group page to go to the group page of each tourney you want to play in. Then join that group, with the team you want to play with.

The reason for this is that applications are shown to Tourney organizers in the order they are received, and it is easier for us to remember which teams want to play in which tournaments.

It's all good!

WOOT! OCCS '06 seems like it'll be a doozy if we can keep this pace of participation!
BB-Pad

Post   Posted: Dec 22, 2005 - 13:12 Reply with quote Back to top

The 2005 season is over!! Congratulations to Redfish's Wasteland Crusaders for winning the Orca-Cola Classic!!.

Here are the final 2005 Series season scores (excluding coaches that left or were removed):

Score Update
(1st) 207 - A Pack of Lips Now (Mully) Chaos Dwarf
(2nd) 120 - Wasteland Crusaders (Redfish) Chaos
(3rd) 110 - Orca Cola Plague (cyric612) Skaven
(4th) 95- Khemri Cardinals (Odium_Khan) Khemri
(5th) 90 - My 11 Fumbbl Favourites (Gary_Gygax) Orc
(6th) 88 - Faction Chaos Dwarfs 2 (albator2001) Chaos Dwarf
(7th) 86 - Bearded Bullies (Wotfudboy) Dwarf
(8th) 45 - Things Fall Apart (uber) Amazon
(9th) 39 - ZanzonEzlayerzs (ZANZON) Orc
(10th) 28 - Manic Raiders (BB-Pad) Chaos Dwarf
(11th) 26 - Perfecto Fluoro (uber) High Elf
(12th) 23 - Traumatic Tripleskulls (Kyyberi) Nurgle's Rotters
(13th=) 18 - Da Pain Staterz (Da_Todfatha) Orc
(13th=) 18 - Stonecold Biggins (lordchaos) Ogre
(15th=) 17 - Gondor Monarchs (Farinroderel) Human
(15th=) 17 - Finstere Jungz (captainT) Chaos Dwarf
(17th) 16 - Two Thumbs Up (uber) Lizardmen
(18th) 15 - Fluffy Little Kittens (f0rd) Chaos
(19th) 14 - Thorbadin Thunderers (MadTias) Dwarf
(20th=) 13 - Grimminhagen Graverobbers (cyric612) Necromantic
(20th=) 13 - Shuffle, Shuffle, Smash (Snappy_Dresser) Khemri
(22nd) 12 - La Fin Du Monde (uber) Chaos
(23rd=) 11 - Cranial Extractions (Farinroderel) Nurgle's Rotters
(23rd=) 11 - Rat Nation! (uber) Skaven
(23rd=) 11 - Ash Raptor Templeguards (vanGorn) Lizardmen
(26th) 10 - OMGWTFBBQ United (Farinroderel) Elf
(27th=) 9 - Punch Bowl (G_Force) Necromantic
(27th=) 9 - Imposing Illegal Infractions (EvolveToAnarchism) Dwarf
(29th=) 7 - Lab Rejects (AlcingRagaholic) Skaven
(29th=) 7 - Da Nasty Funky Boogies (lordchaos) Orc
(29th=) 7 - Wensleydale Mockfosters (Ronnie4655) Skaven
(32nd) 6 - Raising Riders (Nachtogen) Undead
(33rd) 5 - Naru Lach (Casper) Elf
(34th) 4 - No 2nd Chances (BB-Pad) Wood Elf
(35th=) 3 - Problems With The World (Snappy_Dresser) Dwarf
(35th=) 3 - Rabiosos (albator2001) Chaos Dwarf
(37th=) 2 - Ahoy Matey (zureal) Undead
(37th=) 2 - PRG from BTG (cyric612) Undead
(37th=) 2 - Death and Pestilence (BB-Pad) Nurgle's Rotters
(40th=) 1 - O'Donnell's Pub Pints (Da_Todfatha) Human
(40th=) 1 - This Is Hardcore (uber) Orc
(40th=) 1 - Roskilde Headbangers 2004 (mymLaban) Human
(40th=) 1 - England's Elite (Mr_President) Human
(40th=) 1 - Christian Warriors (Mully) Human
(40th=) 1 - Rampaging Monsters (Chappy) Khemri
(40th=) 1 - Blackfyre's Lost Remnants (Azurus) Khemri
(40th=) 1 - Thunder Dragons (patton71) High Elf
(40th=) 1 - Fester Spike Filth (Twist) Skaven
(40th=) 1 - Terrifying Anarchists of Naggaroth (EvolveToAnarchism) Dark Elf

Mully's A Pack of Lips Now failed to add the Orca-Cola Classic to their trophy cabinet already boasting the Bloodweiser Cup but their run to the final ensured they remain well clear in the Series running. **** Surprise runners-up are Redfish's Wasteland Crusaders thanks to their incredible Orca-Cola Classic win. Can they continue this excellent form into 2006? **** cyric612's Orca-Cola Plague drop 1 place to third and it is hoped that domestic pressures will allow them to commit more their talent to the OCCS when they return next season **** Odium_Kham's Khemri Cardinals drop 1 place to 4th having skipped the OCC following some disappointments in their preparations. Hopefully 2006 will offer them more chances to shine. **** Gary_Gygax's My 11 Fumbbl Favourites continue their rise up the top 10 moving up 1 place to finish 5th thanks to a quarter-final appearance in the OCC. Hopefully we will see more of these greenskins in 2006. **** In 6th are albator2001's Faction Chaos Dwarfs 2 thanks to their WEMOC win and a semi-final appearance in the OCC. A win in the OCC might've seen them win the overall Series but they will have to work harder with the new format for next season if they are to make another challenge! **** In 7th are Wotfudboy's Bearded Bullies. A rather disappointing end to the 2005 season culminating in an early exit from the OCC after excellent Series performances early on including their Albion Regional Challenge win. Perhaps they will be rejuvented for the new season. **** uber's Things Fall Apart are in 8th. More a question of what might've been for this team had they put their minds to winning the Series. Will 2006 inspire them? **** 9th are Zanzon's ZanzonEzlayers, another team that got some good results early on but did not follow through to show their promise. **** Finally in 10th are BB-Pad's Manic Raiders, more out of persistence than good performances!

The OCCS 2005 winner is....

Mully's A Pack of Lips Now

Post   Posted: Dec 23, 2005 - 22:48 Reply with quote Back to top

I've been searching but I can't find the deadlines to the tournies. Was just wondering in case there was somehow a chance for me to get back from holidays and play before the first deadline ends (and I swear never to clog up a tourney again as long as I am on FUMBBL - I just hope my cable company and future airlines I use won't bail out on me again...).

And grats to A Pack of Lips Now with the win!
Da_Todfatha

Post   Posted: Dec 27, 2005 - 02:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Redfish, to answer your question, each Tourney will run every month. An 8 team tournament is only 3 matches at the most so we should be able to run a 16 team tounament inside of a month. We won't be able to allow leeway outside the month, but inside the month, with notification to BB-Pad and myself, we will allow some leeway in extenuating circumstances. Twisted Evil

2006 Tourney Update

Reikland Rookie Cup - TR 100, has 8 + 2 teams signed up, needs 6 more for a 16 team ROOKIE TOURNEY!!!

Orcland Wooden Shield - TR 125 max, has 5 teams needs 3

Middenheim Challenge - TR 150 max, has 8 + 4 needs 4 more for 16 team tourney!

Antipodal Regional Shield - TR 175 max, has 8 + 5 needs 3 more for a 16 team tourney!

Albion Regional Challenge - TR 200 max, has 8

Amorical Regional Playoffs - TR 200+, has 8 + 2, needs 6 more for a 16 team tourney!
 Jump to: