42 coaches online • Server time: 11:00
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Finishing the 60 Gam...goto Post Borg Invasiongoto Post GIF Guide
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Should the unranked rules for meeting the same opponent twice apply to the academy-division?
Yes
80%
 80%  [ 8 ]
No
20%
 20%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 10

JonatanRaven

Post   Posted: Apr 29, 2006 - 01:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok here's the deal, I'm not a real newbie when it comes to either the game or FumBBL but I play in Academy to try tactics and give a few hints to the real newbies (which is my perception of the academy-division).

So I made a nurgle team to learn how to play nurgle.

The first game left me with three dead beastmen.

The second game left me with one beastman with -AV and one beastman with -ST. Most people would probably tell you to retire the team, but I had a concept for the team and I found it kind of amusing to be bashed up like that, so I didn't retire them.

Moving on, the third game left me with yet another two dead beastmen, which led me to believe I wasn't going to do a very long career playing nurgle and was almost decided to retire the team.
UNTIL I found an opponent who was equally reduced in number and I thought it'd be great fun to try a game 5vs5.

So the fourth game came and was over in 28 minutes and left me with 4 cas for and 0 cas against, a real boost for my team, but not that much of a boost for my opponent.

So now to the problem, my opponent challenged me to a rematch, and thinking the same rules that apply to unranked would apply in academy, we didn't see a problem.
When we finished the match, the upload failed and we learned that academy-division used the same rules as ranked.

My question then is simple, why?

I've asked a mod and got the advice to drop Christer a line and I did so, but I'd like to hear an opinion on this, so I've posted it here.

/Jonatan

PS: I realized this would be a more suitable forum for this topic, so I posted it here as well..
Christer

Post   Posted: May 03, 2006 - 16:26
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

This was an oversight on my end. You are now allowed to play more than once against the same opponent if you wish to do so.
 Jump to: