18 coaches online • Server time: 04:58
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Making Assassins mor...goto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post NAF Charity Tourney ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Samuli

Post   Posted: Jul 12, 2006 - 22:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Nehver wrote:

A team was just caught cheating and booted. Therefore, Old Grudge Flavor has replaced, Dead to Rights2

Now, I have a question here. Shouldn't booted teams be booted, and not replaced. I know it isn't in the rules but replacing sounds a bit like bending, if not breaking the idea behind the league. Consider a case where two teams are left, and the other one is kicked for cheating. What then, a fresh team replaces the cheater?

It's like a drummer bunny contest where one contestant joins in later. Even if it's only 5 minutes later, or if he'd win anyway I still think it's not fair. And fair is something that describes the idea somewhat. We all knew what was the drill when we joined. We'll fight until there is only one team left.
Nehver

Post   Posted: Jul 13, 2006 - 08:54 Reply with quote Back to top

No, you are correct.
This will not be common practice. Fresh teams will not be allowed in to replace old teams, retired teams, or booted teams.
I only allowed it this once, so that Starflam wouldn't have to wait around for 7 more teams to apply... we aren't getting a very
heavy stream of applications. And the only reason I allowed it, is becausee it's so early in the league, and hardly any games have been played yet.
The team that was replaced had played only one game with no casualities, so letting a fresh team of 11 in isn't really any different than if the original team hadn't cheated and was still here.

Anyway, as I said... this isn't going to be common practice, only did it this once so Starflam wouldn't have to wait around for 7 more teams... that might not apply. Sorry if you dont agree... but I made my judgement call for reasons I thought were..... reasonable.

-Nehver
Samuli

Post   Posted: Jul 13, 2006 - 09:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Nehver wrote:

The team that was replaced had played only one game with no casualities, so letting a fresh team of 11 in isn't really any different than if the original team hadn't cheated and was still here.

This one was a great argument. I totally agree with the decision (now Smile).
TheViking

Post   Posted: Jul 13, 2006 - 10:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Question: Could we join with a second team, for another group of DIP? I know I like the idea, bashy as it is...?

Post   Posted: Jul 13, 2006 - 12:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes!!!
I'd like to get a second group going, so all coaches are invited to apply a second team!
The more groups the better... tell some friends, and invite them to apply... let's have a blood bath!!!!
rofl

-Nehver
Samuli

Post   Posted: Jul 13, 2006 - 14:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Oh, boo on Starflam. I thought of making Ogres but decided not to as I consider them to be too good in this format. So I made goblins instead. Now that Starflam has ogres - which IS just a super-goblin team - my goblins kinda lost their meaning.

Looks like I'll have to make another team Smile
TheViking

Post   Posted: Jul 13, 2006 - 22:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Not to sound like an angry old fart, but it seems there's a bit of "cheerypicking" creeping into this group...no one wants to play my dwarves until they have gotten x (where x is anything from money for a wizard to some skills). But in a group with only 8 opponents, I think it's a bit of a shame if people start doing this...not saying that true cheerypicking is taking place, but let's try to have fun...instead of being munchkins who only wants to play sure wins...

Post   Posted: Jul 13, 2006 - 22:32 Reply with quote Back to top

TheViking wrote:
Not to sound like an angry old fart, but it seems there's a bit of "cheerypicking" creeping into this group...no one wants to play my dwarves until they have gotten x (where x is anything from money for a wizard to some skills). But in a group with only 8 opponents, I think it's a bit of a shame if people start doing this...not saying that true cheerypicking is taking place, but let's try to have fun...instead of being munchkins who only wants to play sure wins...

I haven't encountered a "cherrypicking" problem, but I do think a standard Round-Robin would be bettter for the concept of he league.
stargzrrag

Post   Posted: Jul 14, 2006 - 07:45 Reply with quote Back to top

What do people think of opening a channel in IRC.

say,... #DIP
TheViking

Post   Posted: Jul 14, 2006 - 11:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Good idea...

Post   Posted: Jul 14, 2006 - 20:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Okay,
I have updated, the league page so each coach now has a "score".
As I said before, no points are awarded for wins, losses or draws in this league.
However, I did make a rule that the leading team, with the most wins, is allowed to
purchase a player at the end of a round.
Therefore, the score column simply denotes how many wins a team has, so we can
see who is in the running for that extra player at the round's end.

I agree, I think next round will definately be round robin, to avoid cherrypicking.
-Nehver
PandaPower

Post   Posted: Jul 29, 2006 - 20:09 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm not in the group but surely people not playing you would be a good thing? Like less people to kill your team. Nice concept btw (Even if it has probably been invented 5 million times before) I might join some time
 Jump to: