13 coaches online • Server time: 06:45
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Making Assassins mor...goto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post NAF Charity Tourney ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
ravno

Post   Posted: Jun 28, 2006 - 13:55 Reply with quote Back to top

left the group. Bye bye and have fun
Smerbev

Post   Posted: Jun 30, 2006 - 15:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Okay guys, I'm back and I'm coming in swinging!

Colony 1. fleischmarkt (Capitalist Capitals) forfeits to keggie (Jumbo Trons)

Colony 2. Janosh (MarsRedHorns) forfeits to M'Kari (SlimToNone)

Colony 3. Klesh (Zombified Skunks) forfeits to Virdung (Mission)

Colony 4. As yet undecided

Colony 5. MaDD (Seahawk Stars) forfeits to samuelson (Pesissimi)

League News.

Colony 3.
Baal has left
Unless I receive a response from Klesh, he will be dropped from C3.

Colony 4.
ravno has left
Unless I receive a response from krispe, he will be dropped from C4.

Colony 5.
Unless I receive a response from MaDD, he will be dropped from C5.

[url=http://www.sloganizer.net/en/style2,Unknown-spc-Kadath.png]Image[/url]
REDspecial

Post   Posted: Jul 25, 2006 - 16:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Come on play you lazy tarts =P Are ya affraid for playing in MARS or what ??
Smerbev

Post   Posted: Jul 27, 2006 - 00:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Alright, I'm giving this forum a bump so that I can let you know that the Martian Super League is now recruiting for the next season.

I need 24 teams minimum to begin and I have 8 of those already. I'll only be accepting the next 1 human and orc teams as both these races have 2 representatives already.

There are 3 divisions.
8 teams in Div1.
8-10 teams in Div2 and Div3.

The top 4 teams in Div2 and 3 get promoted each season (Div3 up to 2, Div2 up to 1) and the bottom 4 of Div1 and Div2 get relegated each season. This should ensure that everyone gets a decent shot at moving up the ladder.

If you've got a team from the past Martian Blood Bowl Season, you can apply with them to join in, otherwise a Rookie team can be used to apply.

I hope we can see a few more 'softer' teams applying soon. I myself will be joining the fray with a skaven team, so just ignore my human 'placeholder' that's sitting there right now.

Smerbev

Post   Posted: Aug 01, 2006 - 00:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Taking applications for the Martian Super League, a continuation of the previous Martian Blood Bowl League who lost their administrator. 5 more teams currently needed to make up the 2nd division. Check the page for details.

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=group&op=view&group=3735

REDspecial

Post   Posted: Aug 01, 2006 - 18:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Mars sux WO wins huh its started so well then.......... i am angry dammit.
Smerbev

Post   Posted: Aug 02, 2006 - 03:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, it started well but I think two major points contributed to the end of season disappointment.

Starting with 5 divisions was a mistake, especially when only a couple of teams had the chance of going up each season. I think this put a lot of coaches off continuing. Realistically, for a coach in C5, it would be at least 4 seasons of playing before they had a shot at C1.

Also, with 40 teams, you are likely to get a fair number of drop outs for a variety of reasons.

Thankfully, I think that by starting a new league we are ensuring that the people who are joining are primarily the ones who are truly interested in playing. I can't vouch that we won't see some dropouts, but it will be far more manageable. I'd like to think that the new points, relegation/promotion system and the chance to continue with a previous team should ensure some more interest.

At this stage I am just keeping it simple. Towards the end of the season I am still looking to implement the Red Planet Cup as I believe the idea was a good one. I am also looking at a match between the Div1 winner and the eventual winner of the cup as an end of season showpiece.

What I'd really like is for anyone taking place to PM me any ideas that they feel would be beneficial to the league. This isn't a dictatorship, so I'd really like to hear any opinions you have.

Smerbev

Post   Posted: Aug 03, 2006 - 01:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Alright then, we have the 16 teams needed to run both the 1st and 2nd divisions. I also have made room for a 3rd division but as it stands, matches will begin in a couple of days. At the moment we have a majority of 'bash orientated' teams, so if you are playing a lighter team (like me) I am sorry in advance if you get lumped with 2 dorf, 2 orc, undead or cdorfs. Unfortunately there isn't much I can do about it as these are the teams that switched over from MBL. Just foul the crap out of them instead =)

To hopefully change things around as new players arrive, I am putting out this advert!

We have a maximum of 8 remaining places in the MSL and I am looking for the following teams: Any elves - skaven - vamps - humans

These types will be given preference. Matches will start this Monday, so be quick if you'd like to be in.

Jump to: