22 coaches online • Server time: 06:39
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Borg Invasiongoto Post Finishing the 60 Gam...goto Post GIF Guide
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Glamdryn

Post   Posted: Jan 30, 2007 - 02:25 Reply with quote Back to top

4 divs are great! More climbing. Fixed games are great! Less whining when I dont get to play anyone because no one wants to play the best player ever! (haha just kidding, but not really) Only problem is div 3 right now. Shouldnt combine new teams with teams that have already been playing, its just not kosher. Oh and did anyone see raae's first game? 4 SI's, 5 fouls 0-0 tie lol. Too much hurting not enough scorin me thinks. Ok thats my 2 cents. Laters
Smeat

Post   Posted: Jan 30, 2007 - 03:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, that Div 3, man! My TR 51 team coming up vs a TR 105 next game (and only luck that I'm that big!) Fewer divisions would make for "grainier" competition, with bigger TR diffs, as goliaths fall.

As many divisions as can be filled, I'd say, and they don't have to all be of the same size!* And always room for a new one of new recruits.

(* I sail competitively, and sailboats have handicaps, a Rating that describes how fast they are. While in theory a fast boat is handicapped to race against slower ones, the fast still has an advantage. So, when creating fleets, they look at all the entrants, and make "class breaks" where they seem to make sense, where they fall naturally as gaps in the ratings of those competing.

We could do that too after each season- some uncertainty as to how many move up or move down, but if there's a big gap in the TR, there's your division break, within reason.

In round robin, no reason that each division has to have an equal or even number of teams. If one's a bit larger, they can just be played a bit faster, and/or the others have bit longer, that's all.

Or not - just an idea.) Wink

(Oh, and Glam- as I remember it, we were tied for who's the best player!) Cool Laughing

(...and what exactly do you think they do with all those dead players?...)
Winterland

Post   Posted: Jan 30, 2007 - 06:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Its ok for me!

Post   Posted: Jan 30, 2007 - 06:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Wrong league Smeat... this be the pubbowl! Hey is that an apo I see on your beginning roster? I think someone should be down a player lol. But I guess its ok seeing as you are facing someone twice your TR next match.
Smeat

Post   Posted: Jan 30, 2007 - 07:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, I feel awkward about that Apo, but he sure came in handy. In the 2nd turn, nonetheless!

(And I will see that tie haunt you where ever you go!) Twisted Evil

(...and what exactly do you think they do with all those dead players?...)
Lord_Zorg

Post   Posted: Jan 30, 2007 - 09:34 Reply with quote Back to top

I think it's a great idea to make an open style tourney, cause you can play your games when you have time for it.

For example when you are on holiday for 1-2 weeks you miss games which and that hurts very much not only due to the forfeits also cause of missing SPPs another problem in a fixed tourney is the problem of some time zones cause sometimes you just come together cause of 8 hours time difference.

With an open system you have more time to do your games and I think cherrypicking won't be such a big problem cause still you have to play every team when you want to win the cup.
palandt

Post   Posted: Jan 30, 2007 - 16:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Personally I prefer the fixed schedule.
Reasons have been stated before.
grishmack

Post   Posted: Jan 30, 2007 - 16:47 Reply with quote Back to top

To be honest im not fused either way Very Happy
 Jump to: