45 coaches online • Server time: 23:43
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Finishing the 60 Gam...goto Post GIF Guidegoto Post TSC Draft
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Wreckage

Post   Posted: Feb 02, 2007 - 00:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi.. ok fumbbl doesn't really support this system but the client does...

hope (and think) noone had this idea before... but i was always thinking about a tournament for ultimative developed teams... ie as many players as you want.. as many skills, traits and stat bonusses as you want, but whatever team you make it needs to be a theoretically possible team according to the rules...

this means... you can have a maximum of 7 skills/traits/statincreases per player but if you want to have 7 skills, you have to give the necessary spp for the player too and you have to pay the teamrate costs for it...

to ease things... a maximum of fanfactor should be 30... a maximum of coaches and cheerleader should be 80 and the maximum of rerolls should be 10... wizards and starplayers not allowed (most of them would be weak anyway)...

a perfect fling team for example could look like that:

2 * Blitzfling
7 4 4 6 Dodge, Stunty, Right Stuff, +St, +St, +Mov, +Mov, +Ag, Block, Tackle

2 * Passlings
6 3 5 6 Dodge, Stunty, Right Stuff, +St, +Ag, +AG, +Mov, Accurate, Block, Save Throw

2 * Be-Throwlings
6 4 5 6 Dodge, Stunty, Right Stuff, Block, +Mov, + St, +St, +Ag, +Ag, Tackle

2 * Runfling
7 3 4 6 Dodge, Stunty, Right Stuff, Block, +Ag, +Mov, +Mov, +St, Sure Feet, Sprint

6 * Lineflings
5 4 4 6 Dodge, Stunty, Right Stuff, Block, +St, +St, +Ag, Guard, Diving Tackle, Side Step

1 * Blocktree
3 8 1 10 Stand firm, Mighty Blow, Take Root, Block, +St, +St, +Mov, Tackle, Diving Tackle, Break Tackle

1 * Passtree
4 6 3 10 Stand firm, Mighty Blow, Take Root, +Mov, +Mov, +Ag, +Ag, Block, Pass, Break Tackle

Rerolls: 8
Assistent Coaches: 0
Cheerleader: 0
Fanfactor: 30
Apo: Yes

Team Rate: 710

(I calculated TR this way:
Sppcost: (176spp*16player)* 1/5 Tr = 2816spp*player * 1/5 Tr = 563,2 Tr playerspp
Playercost: 14 Flings* 30k*1/10 Tr = 42 Tr Flingcost
2 Trees * 110 k *2 Trees * 1/10 Tr = 22 Tr
Treetr+Flingtr= 64 Tr Playercost
Rerollcost: 8 Rerolls*60k*1/10 Tr= 48 Tr for Rerolls
30 Fanfactor = 30 Tr
1 Apo = 5 Tr
All together makes
+64
+48
+30
+05
___
710 tr)
This... team would be pretty cost intense...

If you would like to play with a perfectly developed team against other teams like that to find out whats really the possibly best or if you would like to simply create a team basing on that idea feel free to post it here... it might be a pretty hard choice what to take when you really got the choice...

Last edited by Wreckage on %b %02, %2007 - %17:%Feb; edited 3 times in total
Smeat

Post   Posted: Feb 02, 2007 - 01:04 Reply with quote Back to top

For the uninitiated, how exactly does the client support this? How would you "Play" a team that isn't officially on the Fumbbl lists?

(...and what exactly do you think they do with all those dead players?...)
Wreckage

Post   Posted: Feb 02, 2007 - 01:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Smeat wrote:
For the uninitiated, how exactly does the client support this? How would you "Play" a team that isn't officially on the Fumbbl lists?

you simply need to fill in a teamroster and you can play with every team you like(there are exampleteams coming along with the client on your harddrive i think)... team progression would not be possible because its site dependen and not integrated in the client but actually this would make no difference at all... perfect teams cannot show any progression anyway...
Smeat

Post   Posted: Feb 02, 2007 - 01:38 Reply with quote Back to top

You can do that standalone- how do two different Coaches link up and have it played objectively, where it can be Spectated and etc?

Not sure I'd take folks' word for who won/lost. And no casualties, hmmm? Just a "perfect" team every time?

(...and what exactly do you think they do with all those dead players?...)
Wreckage

Post   Posted: Feb 02, 2007 - 02:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Smeat wrote:
You can do that standalone- how do two different Coaches link up and have it played objectively, where it can be Spectated and etc?

Not sure I'd take folks' word for who won/lost. And no casualties, hmmm? Just a "perfect" team every time?

well... you do it the same way as you play via fumbbl... you just turn off the fumbbllogin in the optionsmenu...
you can specc the games when you have the proxy/ip...
..no causalities at the end of the game are updated... otherwise the team wouldnt be the team you have chosen to play with... when you make such a team you gonna see what i mean...
Kaiowas

Post   Posted: Feb 02, 2007 - 02:29 Reply with quote Back to top

fumbbl is jbbl, jbbl is not solely fumbbl. If people wanna play with a super duper team then he's free to it's doing no harm to anyone here. if you wanna play it properly there's always manual editing of rosters for injuries by commissioner
princevaliant

Post   Posted: Feb 02, 2007 - 02:30 Reply with quote Back to top

This is a great idea.

I'd love to make a team under these conditions, but due to my inexperience coaching teams above TR 200 I think I'd get slaughtered by someone who really knows what they're doing. Getting the full potential out of these 'ultimate teams' would take considerably more skill and experience than I possess.

Watching two such teams coached by more skilled players would be a blast!
Melmoth

Post   Posted: Feb 02, 2007 - 17:40 Reply with quote Back to top

I would play just tell me when it starts
Borgen

Post   Posted: Feb 02, 2007 - 22:42 Reply with quote Back to top

unless you limited the amount of stat increases you could take, it would be pretty silly.

Post   Posted: Feb 02, 2007 - 22:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Borgen wrote:
unless you limited the amount of stat increases you could take, it would be pretty silly.

completly disagree... why dont you take six statincreses per player and try to play my flings?
Borgen

Post   Posted: Feb 02, 2007 - 22:51 Reply with quote Back to top

theres almost no reason why you would take +2 str on every player.

Try to play your flings? I'd torch them with a skaven team