43 coaches online • Server time: 00:14
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Finishing the 60 Gam...goto Post GIF Guidegoto Post TSC Draft
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Catandy

Post   Posted: Feb 28, 2007 - 16:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Why are friendlies allowed prior to rookie tourneys? Shouldn't rookies be rookies after all. And their is an unsportsmanshiplike tendency for people (and I won't be naming people her, but you know who you are) to play overly friendly games with the same opponent. I've seen teams play the same opponent 4 times in a row to max up. This kind of behaviour was banned from ranked long ago - and making the rookie tourney a 100 tr tourney would eliminate that kind of statbuilding. I hate cheaters and I foul them to death, but even that can be hard when they have a head start.
Mnemon

Post   Posted: Feb 28, 2007 - 16:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Really depends on the league admin if they allow teams like that in or not.

Choice is good, no?

If you don't like it, join those tourneys that ask for TR100 teams.

-Mnemon
pac

Post   Posted: Feb 28, 2007 - 17:01 Reply with quote Back to top

You're obviously referring to one or more specific tourneys. I know that plenty of rookie tournaments do require genuinely rookie teams (new White Isle teams must be rookies, and they don't get friendlies before the start of their first season).

The answer to your question as to why some of them allow this is that tournaments in League can use any rules the creators want to. If you don't like the ones they have, you need to take it up with the staff of the group in question - or just avoid playing in that group.

Jump to: