70 coaches online • Server time: 21:53
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post New Team Page Betagoto Post Making Assassins mor...goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Russo

Post   Posted: Feb 28, 2007 - 13:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Reo, I have just had a thought (I know they don't come often to me Very Happy )

With regards the issue of coaches signing up and then not playing out the rest of the season, at the moment there is no distinction in the results between those people and those who genuinely turned up and tried to win their game. Both end up with 0 points for the game. I feel this cause two problems for you and the community as a whole:

a) The points sytsem does not reward attendance and performance on what is afterall a voluntary activity. So league tables are actually hiding a true performance of the team by placing a player with 1 win and three no-shows above a player with a draw and 3 defeats.

b) You have a situation where at the end of the season you may have two active coaches at the bottom of the league who have played and LOST their games, and therefore would be relegated. And yet at the same time you have two coaches further up the league that are not playing matches after some early wins/draws, who you need to replace. When you then seek these replacements you have to bring in a newbie team to a "higher" division where they are out of their depth.

My sugestion would be to reward all coaches turning up and losing more than those who dodnt turn up at all, by tweaking the points system slightly. An example would be:

WIN = 4 Points
DRAW = 2 Points
LOSS = 1 Point
NO SHOW = 0 Points

That way at least it is more likely that the bottom two would be the players that repeatedly did not show, and therefore will be replaced by promoted teams. In the case of this happening it is better to cascade increased propmotions down the ladder until the 2bottom " division is where all the replacement coaches enter, and therefore have a chance of finding there feet before meeting the VETS of Pubbowl with the better teams.

I am only making a suggestion to the solution of drop-outs, and rewarding good attendance without distorting the league tables once a season has kicked-off.

Hope it helps mate.

[21:35] <@Purp|away> why is it whenever I come to check the PC, Russo is lowering the tone?! Razz
================================
[22:59] <princevaliant> NBL has gotten to be such a dirty channel
[22:59] <princevaliant> ty Russo Very Happy

BiggieB is my idol
Skolopender

Post   Posted: Feb 28, 2007 - 13:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Where do I sign up? And how do make the team within the limits? Meaning no money left? Noob at non standard teams.

Post   Posted: Feb 28, 2007 - 13:33 Reply with quote Back to top

You make a team with lots of players, the you retire all but 7 of them. The go to the group page and at the bottom you can apply with your team.
Skolopender

Post   Posted: Feb 28, 2007 - 13:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Very thx... I'll do that later today.

EDIT: DONE!

Post   Posted: Feb 28, 2007 - 21:23 Reply with quote Back to top

still wanting at least 5 new teams
kemimutt

Post   Posted: Mar 10, 2007 - 23:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Cave Inn - Murray Amrs 4-2
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=1591831

The premiere of season 3 started of with 2 of division 2's strongest teams (probably amongst the strongest in all of PubBowl). No question that at least one, probably both of these teams will end up in the top 3 this season.

In the 2 first turns of the game, a total of 4 players were removed from the pitch - 2 on each team. The injuries favoured Cave Inn and the team's 2 suffered injuries were only KO, Murray Arms on the other hand got 2 players BH/MNG. With skill and some luck Murray Arms managed to keep up with Cave Inn to 2-2 but after that the 3 players left in Murray Arms could not stop Cave Inn from pulling away and winning the game by 4-2.
 Jump to: