32 coaches online • Server time: 10:32
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post TSC Draftgoto Post 4,000TV!goto Post IBA Draft League
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Azure

Post   Posted: Apr 02, 2007 - 19:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Timeless Generals 3 - 2 NBL Lizard
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=1623561

The Timeless Generals were considered the favorites going into the match against the lizards. However, the Generals were beat up some as well. Only 1 mummy and 12 players total...they were ripe for the upset. The Lizards trained extra hard and resorted to some illegal drugs before the game and then proceeded to bash away at the skellies, zombies and ghouls as they drove down the field with their ST 3 skink. A dodging blitz brought down the skink, but the Generals could not recover the ball and by the mid-point of the first half, it was 1-0 Lizards and the crowd was buzzing. However, the Generals recovered and it on turn 7 of the first half, the game changed. A 1d block by a zombie badly hurt a Sauras. Then McClellan moved in and kicked the ST 3 skink that was on the ground for another badly hurt. To finish it off, a skeleton knocked out another skink...at the end of the first half with a gfi the Generals scored to tie the game.

The second half started with the Lizards now badly outnumbered and it got worse as the rest of the skinks were sent off the field - mostly into the BH box. Near the end of the game a bad kick allowed a Sauras to take the ball (no skinks left) and bull its way into the endzone to close the scoring at 3-2.

Good, tough game by the NBL Lizards who were undermanned, but fought hard and did not suffer any perm. injuries either.

A sidenote for the Timeless Generals: their prize blitzer (Sun Tzu) became a star player and gained some extra muscle from his workouts, but also is now suffering from a niggling injury.
phubar

Post   Posted: Apr 03, 2007 - 00:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Uruk of the SkullPow 1 - 3 nbUlTHUAN
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=1624004

Not a particularly good game for the Uruk-hai. Then again, having no Tackle against elves with lots of Dodge, it was going to be a tough game. The pro-elves of nbUlTHUAN took the kickoff and sped in for teh opening score in a mere 2 turns. So the orcs went to work to control the ball for the rest of the game, trying to finish each half with a touchdown. However, it was not to be. Consistent failure to break AV7 on elves that were knocked down left the elven team undiminished for the game. And despite making strong cages around sure-handed ballcariers, the orcs of the Skull-pow clan couldn't hang onto it. Twice a mad elf blitzed into the cage, succeeded in a highly improbable dodge, and rolled a pushpow to knock the ball loose... In the first half, the Uruk recovered to score a last-second passing TD, but in the second the result was an immediate elven score. The orcs had a chance to tie it up, but a bobbled pass on T7 when setting up the scoring action allowed nbUlTHUAN to steal the ball for their third TD fo the match.

oops... just fouled a coach all the way out of FUMBBL... (gosh)-(darn) it!
Azure

Post   Posted: May 02, 2007 - 06:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Timeless Generals 2 - 0 Blackest Orkiest Blocklessiest
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=1666341

A match in the true spirit of NBL. Bothdown action was everywhere and blood filled the pitch! A total of 14 CAS inflicted - several times on the same block both players were injured.

The first half was the Timeless Generals scoring quickly and then the Orcs had the majority of the half and got close, but their last ditch effort to score came up just short.

The second half had the Orcs receive the ball and go into a cage. However the Timeless Generals would have none of that and they smashed down the orcs one by one and forced the cage backwards...finally in desperation the orcs attempted to break free, but failed and a ghoul snatched the ball and ran into the endzone for the final score.

A great time and fun game. The funny thing is that all the perm. hurt orcs were useless anyway so the orc apothecary was never actually used. Thanks for the game!
Azure

Post   Posted: May 02, 2007 - 21:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Congrats to Karhumies for amazing play with his amazons!

So if two teams are tied at the end of the tournament - what should we do?

1) head to head record (Azure)
2) number of games not played (Karhumies)
3) shared championship (Azure + Karhumies)
or something else (1 game playoff)

Just curious.
phubar

Post   Posted: May 02, 2007 - 22:06 Reply with quote Back to top

According to the NBL Page, Timeless Generals won... Don't know if that's some sort of default or Azure abusing his staff privs, though.

Razz

oops... just fouled a coach all the way out of FUMBBL... (gosh)-(darn) it!
Azure

Post   Posted: May 02, 2007 - 22:24 Reply with quote Back to top

phubar wrote:
According to the NBL Page, Timeless Generals won... Don't know if that's some sort of default or Azure abusing his staff privs, though.

Razz

LOL If only I knew how to abuse them! Then I would not have to ask Smile I guess the system must flip a coin when the tourny ended...
HunterX

Post   Posted: May 02, 2007 - 22:46 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd say karhumies earned the title based on record, but i'd like to see a 1-off game too.

Post   Posted: May 02, 2007 - 23:00 Reply with quote Back to top

HunterX wrote:
I'd say karhumies earned the title based on record, but i'd like to see a 1-off game too.

That is fine, just was not sure if we used head-to-head record or games unplayed or what....may be good to have a policy for the future as well...we could assume all games unplayed are worth 1 point (i.e. if they played and lost them). However, even with that, what if that results in a tie? Just curious.
 Jump to: