48 coaches online • Server time: 13:23
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post My 1st Blackbox tour...goto Post Finishing the 60 Gam...goto Post Borg Invasion
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
What do you think of the 4 min turn limit?
Hated it at first, still hate it.
14%
 14%  [ 13 ]
I didnt like it at all, but now that I've tried it, love it.
11%
 11%  [ 10 ]
I loved it all the way.
49%
 49%  [ 44 ]
Other, stated below.
7%
 7%  [ 7 ]
Pie!
16%
 16%  [ 15 ]
Total Votes : 89

Force

Post   Posted: May 11, 2007 - 18:10 Reply with quote Back to top

4 Minutes was the time set for table top / boardgame play. For a computer blood bowl game - online or standalone - 4 minutes is way to long. Unless there were animated dice rolls :p
Also, i really feel that the setup phase should be time limited. People who need more than 4 minutes to decide how to set up their minis are a pain in the ass.
Meech

Post   Posted: May 11, 2007 - 18:16 Reply with quote Back to top

So are people that haven't played on Fumbbl in almost 3 years, but think they have all the answers Smile

Post   Posted: May 11, 2007 - 18:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Personally, I was against the 4 minute turns on the basis of emergencies, phone calls, cat explosions, killer bee attacks, and the like. But the 10 extra minutes solves that. So, in my view, the situation as it is now works perfectly 99.9% of the time.

There is the odd coach that uses his 10 minutes not for emergencies, but runs into it every turn. 4 minute 30 secondish turns are little different to 4 minute turns, the barrier is still there if they are using extra thinking time, and if their cat explodes, they really are up the creek.
Synn

Post   Posted: May 12, 2007 - 01:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Can we remove the extra ten minutes for tournies?

__Synn
Leijonet

Post   Posted: May 12, 2007 - 01:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

am pretty sure the 4 minute rule is the reason Fumbbl is the barren wasteland it is today. Watch out for the tumbleweeds.

Is Fumbbl a barren wasteland? Noone told me!

Leijonet -Winging justice since 6/9-08
Zingr

Post   Posted: May 12, 2007 - 02:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Synn wrote:
Can we remove the extra ten minutes for tournies?

__Synn

Seconded.

MickeX

Post   Posted: May 12, 2007 - 04:45 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't mind the 10 minutes, but if people want to replace them it'd be a good idea to have a customizable reminder bell you could set at 3 min or something. Personally, I don't want to have to care about time limits the slightest on my free time, and I hardly ever get annoyed by slow opponents.
HeadsUp

Post   Posted: May 12, 2007 - 05:15 Reply with quote Back to top

The only time I dont like the 4 Min. rule is when I have been drinking too much and I can't find the darn computer again..., other than that it is peachy Laughing
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: May 12, 2007 - 21:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Force wrote:
4 Minutes was the time set for table top / boardgame play. For a computer blood bowl game - online or standalone - 4 minutes is way to long. Unless there were animated dice rolls :p
Also, i really feel that the setup phase should be time limited. People who need more than 4 minutes to decide how to set up their minis are a pain in the ass.

how comes nobody noted that post author?

Post   Posted: May 13, 2007 - 02:00 Reply with quote Back to top

I like it now, although I think the 10 minutes should be usable once in any match.
That means you can't dip into it every turn, but in the case of true emergency, you're fine.
 Jump to: