44 coaches online • Server time: 11:29
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post TSC Draftgoto Post 4,000TV!goto Post IBA Draft League
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Woodpecker

Post   Posted: Jul 01, 2005 - 16:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Ummm. Where'd you get that from Tautology? There's a group with 4 us coaches in it. Did you get it from there?
tautology

Post   Posted: Jul 01, 2005 - 22:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

Ummm. Where'd you get that from Tautology? There's a group with 4 us coaches in it. Did you get it from there?

Perhaps we should have two teams?
I'd play in both if allowed (which it shouldn't be).
skummy

Post   Posted: Jul 02, 2005 - 03:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Eh, if it's progression I'm out. Non-prog tourney was interesting, but I don't think this sounds too special.
skummy

Post   Posted: Jul 02, 2005 - 03:21 Reply with quote Back to top

... now it's non-prog again? In any case, if there are 8 interested Amercians, we can certainly have 2 teams.
DropDeadFred

Post   Posted: Jul 02, 2005 - 04:34 Reply with quote Back to top

yes non-prog

Post   Posted: Jul 02, 2005 - 04:36 Reply with quote Back to top

There´s a world team with remains of every country coaches?? cause I´ll get in it....
sportsguy

Post   Posted: Jul 02, 2005 - 04:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Would that team be called "The Team without a Country"?
DropDeadFred

Post   Posted: Jul 02, 2005 - 05:43 Reply with quote Back to top

whats with the constant digs?

Post   Posted: Jul 06, 2005 - 04:23 Reply with quote Back to top

So it's me , marcos, andantedodia and corneto25 as team portugal.
Tinkywinky

Post   Posted: Jul 06, 2005 - 06:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Non progression is good, it will never work any other way.

Post   Posted: Jul 06, 2005 - 08:19 Reply with quote Back to top

I'll step in for Team America. And I'm reasonably sure I've got at least three other team members ready to go also! Team to be determined but prolly elves.
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Jun 30, 2006 - 12:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Sorry to hijack a really old thread.

Recently I came up with the idea to form a tournament based around the idea of 4 coaches representing their country as a team in a tournament. I thought with the ranked stable scene taking off, and the World Cup on, now would be the ideal time to test the water and maybe run it, but before putting the group page up, I had a quick check to see if anything similar had been done before and I found this group.

As it's from before my time on FUMBBL, did the tournament ever run? If so, was it a success? Or did the idea just die before it ever got started? I could save myself lots of time and effort if I knew no-one was interested or it was a nightmare to set up something along these lines.....

My idea was to have the 4 coaches from each country split across 4 divisions, and the divisions all play a scheduled round-robin season. The points gained by each coach would be totalled for each country, then the top 4 countries would go into semi-final playoffs, where the top ts team from team England (for argument's sake) would play the top ts team from team USA, and so on so that all 4 coaches on each team would play. The points again would be totalled, and the winning teams moved onto the final, where the same rules would apply.
DropDeadFred

Post   Posted: Jun 08, 2007 - 00:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Purplegoo wrote:
Sorry to hijack a really old thread.

Recently I came up with the idea to form a tournament based around the idea of 4 coaches representing their country as a team in a tournament. I thought with the ranked stable scene taking off, and the World Cup on, now would be the ideal time to test the water and maybe run it, but before putting the group page up, I had a quick check to see if anything similar had been done before and I found this group.

As it's from before my time on FUMBBL, did the tournament ever run? If so, was it a success? Or did the idea just die before it ever got started? I could save myself lots of time and effort if I knew no-one was interested or it was a nightmare to set up something along these lines.....

My idea was to have the 4 coaches from each country split across 4 divisions, and the divisions all play a scheduled round-robin season. The points gained by each coach would be totalled for each country, then the top 4 countries would go into semi-final playoffs, where the top ts team from team England (for argument's sake) would play the top ts team from team USA, and so on so that all 4 coaches on each team would play. The points again would be totalled, and the winning teams moved onto the final, where the same rules would apply.

i know this post is like a year old but...
ya i was going to do this ages ago but i lost connection to the internet for a while and wasnt able to go through with it. but now i am back online i wouldnt mind doing this if people are interested

Post   Posted: Jun 08, 2007 - 01:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Ummmmm.....

If it never happened before.. what makes you think it will happen now?

Besides, this sounds like a job for STABLE.

__Synn
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Jun 08, 2007 - 10:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Yar - exactly what Synn said. I was looking to run something like this and found your thread that never got going, so I decided against it in the end. I think the stable caters for all of my team based needs now. Very Happy

And wow - a whole year ago.... Man I feel old!
 Jump to: