44 coaches online • Server time: 16:05
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post TSC Draftgoto Post 4,000TV!goto Post IBA Draft League
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
rune_master

Post   Posted: Aug 16, 2006 - 19:59 Reply with quote Back to top

way cool, must have missed it first time around...
Nehver

Post   Posted: Aug 17, 2006 - 16:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Cool,we finally have 16 teeams, and all 4 divisions are up and running.
Once the first 3 rounds are complete in all divisions, we will switch some teams into different divisions
(so you aren't playing the same 3 coaches all the time), and the slaughter will continue.

Now... as I stated, at the end of 3 rounds, some teams will win the opportunity to purchase some new players.
1st place gets the right to purchase 2 players, 2nd place gets 1 player. Lots of coaches have been asking,
"What if team are tied at the end of 3 rounds?"... which is now a possibility. Well, I've got a couple ideas...
but seeing that this league is all of ours (and not just mine) I'll leave it to you guys.

1. The 2 tied team play a grudge match. Some may complain that this will give them extra experience... but
on the flip side, they risk suffering CAS's, and may lose players. Even winning might not be worth the reward
depending on the # of CAS's sustained.

2. We compare the two tieing teams stats. Since it's a death themed league, maybe comparing CAS for, CAS against.
The team with the better record breeaks the tie.

3. Of the 2 tied teams, the team with fewest plyrs on his roster wins the right to first place prize (to keep things balanced).

4. Leave it up to the ol' flip of the coin, which will be done in the IRC chat, in front of witnesses. Hopefully, the 2 coaches that are tied, if not one of them.... if not, at least someone in the league Wink

So let me know if any of these options sound good, or we can say they are all options and let the tied coaches decide which to do... or speak up if you've got better ideas. But Start voting!

-Nehver
Nehver

Post   Posted: Aug 18, 2006 - 14:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Okay,
So I haven't gotten much feedback from coaches yet, but I have talked to
Philip1 at length about this... and here's what we are leaning towards.

We wanted the way determined to break ties to be theme based to the league.
Comparing CAS counts, didn't quite do it. This league is all about survival, and
kiilling the other teams... so who cares if your leading the league with 27 CAS's,
if 25 of them were BH's? RIP's are what really count!

So, if you noticed, on the league page, I've started a count of "Leading Killers!".
Under this heading, there is a list of team names that have caused RIP's, and how
many they've caused. At the end of every 3 rounds, if there is a tie, this chart will
be looked at... and whichever team has the highest "Kill Count" (caused the most RIP's),
breaks the tie and wins! This also means I am now watching replays of all games
to see which RIP's count and which don't.

Which RIP's count and which do not??? One of your team's players must actually have a
hand in causing the RIP in order for the team to get credit for it. For example... an RIP resulting
from a fan throwing a rock does not count.... a goblin fanatic going into cariac arrest does not count...
a player breaking away from opponents and making a dash for the endzone all by himself, only to fail
his GFI, trip, and get RIP'd... doesn't count. Etc, Etc. In all these cases, there was no opponent that caused
the RIP.

RIP's that count would be any death resulting from any block, failed dodge attempts (technically, the player was
tripped, even though you get no SPP for it), crowd pushes, fouls, being hit by a thrown stunty... etc, etc. All of these
examples all result from an opponent physically causing the RIP.

This is why I am now watching all replays of matches. I cannot simply go by the game result death count... but need
to see how the RIP occurred. So keep in mind, I'm keeping a close eye on all games and team rosters, just in case
one of you feel the urge to try to purchase a player in the hopes of not getting caught Wink

-Nehver
rune_master

Post   Posted: Sep 15, 2006 - 17:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Question, since two members of Division II have dropped out, I only got two matches in. Can I get two MVP's since my third round opponent (more or less) conceded? Or at least get one MVP for that match?
Nehver

Post   Posted: Sep 25, 2006 - 18:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Sorry,
There is no way to award MVP's without a match being finished.
-Nehver
Nehver

Post   Posted: Sep 25, 2006 - 18:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Okay,
First bout of the Stunty Squish Fest is over!
Here is how the Divisions finished, and who won rights to buy players.

Division 1
1st Place, right to buy 2 players: Nehver's "Eshin Mutilators"
2nd Place, right to buy 1 player: Tie breaker goes to Philip1's "Go Die Thanks" with 3 RIP's

Division 2
1st Place, right to buy 2 players: Markusen's "Gollum's Heritage"
2nd Place, right to buy 1 player: rune_master's "Here Squiggy Squiggy"

Division 3
1st Place, right to buy 2 players: Mossbeard's "Tiny Tough Guys"
(forgot to set up the league to give out poits for forfeit wins, so his total was actually 2)
2nd Place, right to buy 1 player: Tadgoraucymru's "We Hate Demesto's" (actual total was 1, with forfeit win)

Division 4
1st Place, right to buy 2 players: Lowey's "Squish me now" (with 2 forfeit wins)
2nd Place, right to buy 1 player: Eronarn's "Fuzzy Kittens" (with 1 forfeit win)

Also... some teams that received forfeits for not playing there matches, are being penalized. The penalty is that the team must retire one player of their choice for each forfeit recieved. Those teams are as follows:

Action Jack's: retire 1 player
David and Goliath: retire 1 player
Fuzzy Kittens: retire 1 player
Super Squig Squad: retire 2 players

I will update the league page with each team's name that needs to purchase, or drop players. It will be denoted as +1 for adding a player, or -1 for dropping a player. As I see coaches adding or dropping players as they must, I will take their team's name off the list.
The second bout will start in 7 days! Any coaches who have not purchased their players by start of the next bout will loose their right to do so! Any coaches who do not drop their players that they have been penalized, by start of the next bout, will be dropped from the league.

So please, any coaches that received rights, or penalties, have your teams edited by Sunday Oct 1st, midnight bb time. Second bout will begin on Monday, Oct. 2nd! Since there are only 12 teams left... second bout will be 3 divisions, of 4 teams.
Nehver

Post   Posted: Sep 25, 2006 - 19:01 Reply with quote Back to top

P.S.- If all coaches get there teams edited before the Oct.1st deadline... then we can start the second bout early! Wink
-Nehver
Markusen

Post   Posted: Jun 27, 2007 - 12:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Is the league dead?
 Jump to: