60 coaches online • Server time: 19:26
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Blood Bowl 2024 Edit...goto Post RNG speculationsgoto Post Inscription JBL Sais...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
psikobunny

Post   Posted: May 24, 2003 - 04:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Could some future update have it so that a player with VLL displays a modified MA? I noticed players with Spikes show +1 AV, and I'd really like to see the extra MA show up on VLL players.
Mr-Klipp

Post   Posted: May 24, 2003 - 05:45 Reply with quote Back to top

The problem is, that if you have vll, the client will add a point to your move as well as giving you the intercept bonus. If we add the point to your move beforehand so it displays correctly, then the client will add another + 1 when it sees vll on your players skill list.

The Finishing Touch
cjohnsto

Post   Posted: May 24, 2003 - 05:50 Reply with quote Back to top

So the client needs to add the extra movement on the player instead of at the start of thier move. I was caught out by that in one game.
cramrendrag

Post   Posted: May 24, 2003 - 06:29 Reply with quote Back to top

yeah I think it should show up in the MA .. and the VLL skill would just add the +1 intercept modifier when an interception is attempted.

CramRendrag
psikobunny

Post   Posted: May 24, 2003 - 06:30 Reply with quote Back to top

thats why I posted this in the JBB client feature requests section, Mr-Klipp
shabs

Post   Posted: May 24, 2003 - 11:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Perhpas its something to do with the *adding 1 to your movement*..as far as i know, you can have ma +2 and very long legs?..if this is true, then if you put VLL as a MA advance, the game will not allow you to choose a *third* ma advance, if you have one already, as it thinks you have 2...and altohugh it can catch you out, you should take note of what skiulls your guys or your opponents have...recently, someone failed to notcie a guy close to his Lineman in the endzopne had jump up skill..he jumped up..and promptly knocked him out of the pitch and got the ball....now...if this is the case..perhaps we should have something that says *I HAVE JUMP UP* so noone misses it...like a jumping man next to the ag rating of the player.....i know this isnt quite the same as the example above, but it is similar in the respect of the *i missed that skill on my opponent*...
Mezir

Post   Posted: May 24, 2003 - 13:34 Reply with quote Back to top

If you miss a skill on your opponent, that's your problem. Pay more attention. It's all part of the game. Wink

And Christer changed some stuff a while ago that made it impossible for players to have both 2 MA increases and VLL at the same time.

Post   Posted: May 24, 2003 - 14:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes I know you can have VLL, and +2 MA, but since thats a matter of making the code not accept "+MA" as a skill more that twice, I dont see a problem.

I don't want to get into a "you should pay more attention to skills" argument, that's fiddly. I saw an inconsistency and I pointed it out (between VLL and Spikes). I just know whenever I play a table top team and I get VLL, my next printout shows and added MA. It was an "it would be nice" request, but if thats not the way the rest of the universe wants it it, ok.
 Jump to: