44 coaches online • Server time: 09:55
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post My 1st Blackbox tour...goto Post Finishing the 60 Gam...goto Post Borg Invasion
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Renegade

Post   Posted: Jun 05, 2004 - 12:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Get over it dude. Move on. I was 3 points away from achieving the coach ranking of 200 everyone raves about. Now its never likely to happen.
m0nty

Post   Posted: Jun 05, 2004 - 12:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Hecropolix, I suggest you edit out that foul language before it is deleted. Please save yourself from blocking by cleaning up that post.
quota

Post   Posted: Jun 05, 2004 - 13:08 Reply with quote Back to top

I know how you feel roos. I had a good run with my gobbos, my team rating was 161 or so. I can live without it though, but I still miss going to the list of gobbo teams to see how I'm doing. With that list sorting by TR I'm suddenly number 86 or whatever Razz

Oh well, I still have fun just playing and developing my teams, and the leagues I play in is worth it all.

Post   Posted: Jun 05, 2004 - 13:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Aye, my Evangelists were the highest ranked Chaos team for quite awhile.. the team ranking was an interesting statistic and I'll miss it. I don't see how it can justify the end to ones team or ones fun though. In the end it's all about actually playing the game, isn't it?

Post   Posted: Jun 05, 2004 - 15:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Er whats the point?

Theres the ladder division no isn't there?
And ladder is about ranking teams right?

Why setup Ladder and DivX when nobody uses it?

I'd oppt for more of these restructuring.
Ladder is awesome, nice job Christer!
BunnyPuncher

Post   Posted: Jun 05, 2004 - 15:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah.. I'm a little sad to see my gobbos lose their 164 ranking... now how do I measure success?

Post   Posted: Jun 05, 2004 - 15:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Sorry to hear that you will be going Roos, I had also much respect for those Trees, it was an awesome team that never gave up and played everyone...but is it worth leaving fumbbl for it? As others said, you'll never find such a good site as this one here...I personally tried france bloodbowl and it actually sucked, it's real hard to find games there and you don't have the amount of people that you have here...
But if your mind is made up, have fun doing other stuff, I'd have liked to play trees some more Wink

Post   Posted: Jun 05, 2004 - 15:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, I played a game with trees, it's not the same, I'll propobly not play them for quite a while. I'll try to find a new goals with my rat team but I'm quite afraid whatever goal I go for will just be whiped out by admins just like team ranking.
moussambani

Post   Posted: Jun 05, 2004 - 16:04 Reply with quote Back to top

So can I at least see those trees everyone respects so much?

I didn't have a team rating to brag about, but I liked it and it was informative. Removing them was a faux pas, IMHO
Ash

Post   Posted: Jun 05, 2004 - 16:07 Reply with quote Back to top

don t forget you still and ever have the team stats... W/D/L Smile
but i m agree team ranking can be missed by coach...
i think it was removed cause it influences coach rating calculation... i think, it will be back too but without his influence Smile

For the others bloodbowl online league... i try some.... and one as bigger as fumbbl but honestly the mood is far worse lol

Post   Posted: Jun 05, 2004 - 16:51 Reply with quote Back to top

roos... listen to me! you wont be able to go a day without fumbbl and you know it! i tried cold turnkey and lasted 4 hours... fumbbl is an addiction worse than heroin... there should be fumbbl rehab for us who want to quit! Smile Hecropolix stop being an idiot... i just read your coach bio... you wont play me because i like watching wuhan matches! lol Smile NB that also makes me a hypocrite!
DropDeadFred

Post   Posted: Jun 05, 2004 - 17:36 Reply with quote Back to top

bleh i liked ranking aswell as it gave u targets and highers your standards, and hecropolix is happy as people cant see his 116Cr Smile lol now its changed and team ranking i like not that i dident really get high up the rank

Post   Posted: Jun 05, 2004 - 19:01 Reply with quote Back to top

god, hecropolix, thats an interesting DNP list
Mully

Post   Posted: Jun 05, 2004 - 22:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

Knowing I might once again be a victim to a site-change makes it hard to find the same joy in such a strife as it was with trees.

This is a key point for the site admins to see. When you destroy the history of teams/coaches/rankings whatever you take away some of the enjoyment of some of the participants. Hope this is considered the next time there is a sweeping change.

Post   Posted: Jun 07, 2004 - 04:10 Reply with quote Back to top

I played the Trees a while ago and got totally feshnickered - Tactically you are one bloody good coach.

One thing I noticed is that you were completely focussed on winning, maximising SPPs, etc.
Stalling on the TD line and getting completions while your Treeman tries for injuries is intelligent if winning and SPPs are your goal.

But I don't stall so the game rolls on and my opponent can play a bit, too - I lose and draw winnable matches because of this but I have great fun.

You don't seem to chat to the opposing coach much. I'm ussualy barracking for their players after a sneaky move and chatting about their team development, etc. That seems to be half the fun especially when I get good advice on tactics, etc. after they've rolled my team.

Bummer to lose all that time invested in the team...

Jump to: