23 coaches online • Server time: 01:45
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Borg Invasiongoto Post Finishing the 60 Gam...goto Post GIF Guide
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Dominik

Post   Posted: Nov 07, 2008 - 16:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Rijssiej wrote:
Come on Dom, you know better than that. If I would have taken it seriously I would have written a 'pac like' post. You do your joke with the khemri, I do a joke with your joke, no need to take it personally. Smile

Hehe, I was pretty sure you understood the ironical undertone, but I'm not sure about the followers, who seemed to use your posting for a bit mobbing again.
DukeTyrion

Post   Posted: Nov 07, 2008 - 16:40 Reply with quote Back to top

I think what [F]action should have been is what [B]lackbox will be.

Looking at the games statistics, telling people to get out of faction seems like a really stupid idea too;

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=stats&op=games&div=6&type=month

At that rate, with kicking trying to get coaches to leave, you will be left with hardly any coaches.
Lewdgrip

Post   Posted: Nov 08, 2008 - 15:34 Reply with quote Back to top

i dont want them to leave, i want them to change their manners Smile
DukeTyrion

Post   Posted: Nov 08, 2008 - 15:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Lewdgrip wrote:
i dont want them to leave, i want them to change their manners Smile

Lewdgrip wrote:

I say: "Go out of Faction and play ranked, weirdo"

Yup, sounds like it Wink
Lill-Leif

Post   Posted: Nov 08, 2008 - 16:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
i dont want them to leave, i want them to change their manners

What you want is for them to accept your challenges in F from your bashy team with their soft and lower TR teams.

I want the same in R but I'm not dumb enough to write in the forums about it. Oops, I just did.
Lewdgrip

Post   Posted: Nov 08, 2008 - 16:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Hmm... Forget it then...

I wont change anything.

Good luck to all...
spelledaren

Post   Posted: Nov 08, 2008 - 17:08 Reply with quote Back to top

It's a problem, but can't be solved in any practical manner. But to win you mostly need to get your games in, so in F1 this behaviour is less frequent no?

It's still possible to win with av7 teams, but you cant count on staying in F1 each round. I actually made the number 1 spot with Norse (tied) but then some game just crushes your team and back to FQ you are...

I would play F if I had time for 10 games in 2 weeks, but I never have.

Post   Posted: Nov 08, 2008 - 20:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Perhaps [F] could introduce team Caps, so that no faction games will really be 'cherry picks'? Right now Faction qualifier has new Teams playing alongside 300/300 teams that accuse the new teams of 'rudeness' by not allowing themselves to be destroyed in a game. Perhaps if:

[FQ] Had a cap for the start of each round of 150 TR,
[F3] Had a cap for the start of each round of 200 TR
[F2] Had a cap for the start of each round of 250 TR
and [F1] remained uncapped, you might just get more teams playing their matches due to a slightly less severe gap in strength and ability?
Were_M_Eye

Post   Posted: Nov 08, 2008 - 21:42 Reply with quote Back to top

The big problem in faction isnt dodging games. Its the number of coaches that plays faction. It makes it to easy to get into F1. You only need to win 1 game in F2 to get there. And this round i saw a team that jumped from FQ to F2 just because to many people are dropping out from faction. So i dont think trying to get more coaches to leave faction is a good idea.

A campaign to get more people to play faction would be a better use of your time Lewdgrip.

Post   Posted: Nov 08, 2008 - 21:51 Reply with quote Back to top

That was me. Played 4 games in FQ. Won 3 lost 1. Went up to F2. Luckily the Orc coaches there understood my reluctance to play up 100 TR/TS, but after 5 more matches, it looks like I am a lock to go to F1 and I will probably still be underTS. At least I have AV8 (DEs), but I could see how weaker teams would dodge anything (except for the fearless fling <vangorn> and gobbo <copycat> coaches in F2).

No disrespect to Lewdgrip, but I knew he had to be Orcs or Dwarves when I read his post. If you understand that those teams (i.e., great coach + high AV team) have an advantage by surviving in F1 forever, then I think you need to understand that the disadvantage is anyone who wants to have a competitive game and a team left afterward, might think twice about playing up so much. Fair? I don't know. Chicken? Yes, but a smart chicken with high agility. Reality? Definitely.

I also agree with Were; we need more coaches to help solve this problem. Or if you want to make sure nobody dodges you, try a Vamp team.

One more edit: I find it interesting that some people comment on a unique system like faction without even playing it. I am sure you could have good ideas, but why not try it out once and see if the information you heard from others is actually right? Maybe you can even play 2 games and move up to F1 atm... Wink

Post   Posted: Nov 09, 2008 - 23:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Were_M_Eye wrote:
The big problem in faction isnt dodging games. Its the number of coaches that plays faction. It makes it to easy to get into F1. You only need to win 1 game in F2 to get there. And this round i saw a team that jumped from FQ to F2 just because to many people are dropping out from faction. So i dont think trying to get more coaches to leave faction is a good idea.

A campaign to get more people to play faction would be a better use of your time Lewdgrip.

Ah well, it isn't that easy. My team has played 340 matches without reaching F1. Many times they were on among those to climb on sunday night, even whith just losses and a draw, but on monday I had to recognize that they became sniped in the last minute. Sad
This time it might endure. Place 6 and just 20 min left. Thanks to Blackbox Very Happy

Lewdgrip

Post   Posted: Nov 10, 2008 - 00:09 Reply with quote Back to top

I agree. More coaches would be better, the chance to get dodgers as opponents would be lower...
Synn

Post   Posted: Nov 10, 2008 - 00:30 Reply with quote Back to top

[07:33] <Texan> howdy
[07:33] <Lewdgrip> ur undead vs. my dwarves?
[07:33] <Lewdgrip> http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=319031
[07:33] <Lewdgrip> rematch
[07:34] <Texan> one sec
[07:35] <Lewdgrip> good
[07:36] <Texan> hmm, that is 40ts, how about v your rats--even matchup
[07:36] <Lewdgrip> 40 ts is legal

__Synn
nin

Post   Posted: Nov 10, 2008 - 00:51 Reply with quote Back to top

BlackBox
Very Happy
Lewdgrip

Post   Posted: Nov 10, 2008 - 01:10 Reply with quote Back to top