45 coaches online • Server time: 14:21
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Making Assassins mor...goto Post Borg Invasiongoto Post Meat Grinder Season ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Qaz

Post   Posted: Nov 25, 2008 - 14:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Loew wrote:
I don't think the Temple Guard to be to strong. It does not age, but it does not get stronger and it can be killed like any other player. I think it is percieved as strong as it is nearly untouchable on a monster team like the Eaters - on other teams it will be much more exposed.

Now to something completly different: Keep the SFC! as seldom as I have time for them, they were always pure fun and mayhem.

The thing with the temple guard is the fact that he does not get spp. As he is a real good ball carryer he is the perfect teambuilding tool. You keep the ball on him and hand off to that rooky player who needs the skill. if you cant to that you just score with him you still win but your team will not enter the spiral that other teams does where they have people getting too mutch spp and dragging the team down as a result. it is his team building potential that bugs me. If he only got spp. he migth eaven get skills for all I know but as he is now he is just too big of an asset to keep a team and the spp well spred.

"he who has relied least on fortune is established
the strongest"
Niccolo Machiavelli
Pirog

Post   Posted: Nov 25, 2008 - 16:33 Reply with quote Back to top

But he can be killed and/or crippled, right? Because if he can't that needs to be changed!
CircularLogic

Post   Posted: Nov 25, 2008 - 20:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah.. but with regen AND apo, chances are more than slim.
spubbbba

Post   Posted: Nov 25, 2008 - 20:29 Reply with quote Back to top

CircularLogic wrote:
Yeah.. but with regen AND apo, chances are more than slim.

And don't forget in JD's case a healing scroll that can bring him back from the dead and a birthday potion if he still has that too!

Post   Posted: Nov 25, 2008 - 20:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Qaz wrote:
Loew wrote:
I don't think the Temple Guard to be to strong. It does not age, but it does not get stronger and it can be killed like any other player. I think it is percieved as strong as it is nearly untouchable on a monster team like the Eaters - on other teams it will be much more exposed.

Now to something completly different: Keep the SFC! as seldom as I have time for them, they were always pure fun and mayhem.

The thing with the temple guard is the fact that he does not get spp. As he is a real good ball carryer he is the perfect teambuilding tool. You keep the ball on him and hand off to that rooky player who needs the skill. if you cant to that you just score with him you still win but your team will not enter the spiral that other teams does where they have people getting too mutch spp and dragging the team down as a result. it is his team building potential that bugs me. If he only got spp. he migth eaven get skills for all I know but as he is now he is just too big of an asset to keep a team and the spp well spred.

Actually, he does get SPPs. Just no new skills. I think he's just fine as he is.
JanMattys

Post   Posted: Nov 25, 2008 - 20:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Zombie69 wrote:
Qaz wrote:
Loew wrote:

Actually, he does get SPPs. Just no new skills. I think he's just fine as he is.

Bloodbowl is about getting better with the risk of having drawbacks.
A player that doesn't inflate TR is off the board imho.

Post   Posted: Nov 25, 2008 - 20:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Zombie69 wrote:
Qaz wrote:
Loew wrote:

woa has that changed? in that case he is fine. He will eventually drag a team down with what he adds to TR.

"he who has relied least on fortune is established
the strongest"
Niccolo Machiavelli
Rijssiej

Post   Posted: Nov 25, 2008 - 20:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Qaz wrote:
Zombie69 wrote:
Qaz wrote:
Loew wrote:

woa has that changed? in that case he is fine. He will eventually drag a team down with what he adds to TR.

His SPP don't count for TR purposes.
JanMattys

Post   Posted: Nov 25, 2008 - 20:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Rijssiej wrote:
Qaz wrote:
Zombie69 wrote:
Qaz wrote:
Loew wrote:

His SPP don't count for TR purposes.

Which is the same as saying he doesn't gain spps. Which is broken.

Post   Posted: Nov 25, 2008 - 20:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah.. those 11 extra TR will spell doom on the TR416 dwarves... Wink

The basic problem is that the only time those teams played besides the majors was during the birthday. Those teams just see no exposure to the usual attrition that other teams suffer while they try to improve.
Zombie69

Post   Posted: Nov 25, 2008 - 22:25 Reply with quote Back to top

I stand corrected. I just calculated their TR and indeed, those SPPs aren't taken into account. That should definitely be changed. Also, it's quite counter-intuitive to show SPPs on the roster and not count them.
PurpleChest

Post   Posted: Dec 06, 2008 - 09:48
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks to all for your contributions to this thread. I have read everything written with great interest.

Special thanks to those of you who spent time and energy developing extensive ideas and even entire schedules.

Preperations are now well under way for the new year of Ranked events which will kick off with the traditional curtain raiser of the Warpstone Open in january.

More announcements will follow once detailed plans are finalised.

Post   Posted: Dec 15, 2008 - 17:51 Reply with quote Back to top

I just want to add to this how much fun all of the tournaments I have been in have been. It is nice to see coaches having to think outside the box with the extra money you receive. That was most true with my lizards in the fumbbl tour. The extra cash really kept me afloat after a particularly bloodly game against a very well coached Chaos team. Without that cash I wouldn't have been able to be competitive in my next two games and eventually win the tour. If you are looking for some bloodbowl with a nice twist try a minor. They are very very fun.
 Jump to: