40 coaches online • Server time: 16:39
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post My 1st Blackbox tour...goto Post Finishing the 60 Gam...goto Post Borg Invasion
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
CircularLogic

Post   Posted: Mar 13, 2009 - 14:02 Reply with quote Back to top

OK.. let me try this, too.

I picked the grey latern.

Round 1:
Le Figaro Smart Sets (Woodies) vs Music or The Lizary (Lizzies)
Lizzies usually struggle against woodies. Those woodies have the stronger lineup so I`ll go with a woodie victory 3-1, if the two tackle/MB sauri don`t go into overdrive.

American Scotts (Humans) vs Viper Strike (Lizzies)
The Scotts are not really an impressive team, but their 9-game-elfbowl-spree has given them an impressive balance. The other side looks similar. Saurus are OK-skilled, skinks also nothing special - just a nice krox and 260k there. This match WILL be decided by two factors: 1) How much cash is AxeMurder willing to fork out in the first round. 2) Who has the luckier boot removing the stars.
I`ll go with the humans here as their star-power is just superior. 3-2 for the scotts.

Dunbarton Archers (Woodies) vs Grailknights Battlechoir (Humans)
Already over - Humans advance in a 2-1 upset.

zorras adolescentes2 (Amazon) vs Saturday Morning TV (Dwarves)
The most infamous racial matchup and I`ll go with the obvious here - dwarves in a 2-0 victory. Dwarves that focus on MB over guard on the longbeards might suck against anything remotely bashy, but against those zons they will have a field day. Throw in the stash of cash the dorfs have in their vaults to counter any surprise...
Goonmeister

Post   Posted: Mar 13, 2009 - 14:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Anyone else notice btw that the only 2 vampire teams who are in the tournament drew each other in the first round?
WardenUSA

Post   Posted: Mar 13, 2009 - 14:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Someone pick me over silly!

One Vampire team is going to the semi's!
xcver

Post   Posted: Mar 13, 2009 - 14:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Forrest_Gump wrote:
UI V Qualifier: Golden Lantern
Matez0rs Image 290 / 256 V 265 / 238 Image Dandelion Eaters

A repeat of the GLT final! With the woodies having wizard cash and a one turner i think the dwarves will struggle here unless they get alot of early cas. I think the woodies will egde this one but could be in bad shape for their next round!

Prediction: 2-1 Woodies

So same result as the GLT? Woodies win and are nearly annihilated afterwards Smile

Post   Posted: Mar 13, 2009 - 14:44 Reply with quote Back to top

My Predictions for:

UI V Qualifier: Brass Lantern

Round 1:

Buur's Haandbold Piger Image vs. Image CopyCat's Millstone Chantz
# Buur is with 543 Ranked Games and a CR of 169.12 more experienced than CopyCat with 201 Ranked Games and a CR of 154.72. #
Edit: Thx CircularLogic: I just picked the wrong row and he has - 201 retired teams Very Happy - and 2243 Ranked Games Smile)
But I still think Buur has the Coach Advantage...
The Haandbold Piger have a lot of good individual players with many stat increases.
Milestime Chantz are a more common team including a one turner but no other game deciding players.
With much advantages for the chaos team it should be an easy win for Haandbold Pigers.
2:1 for Haandbold Pigers
End Result: 2:1 for Haandbild Pigers

Shadowblast's Broiler Image vs. Image PeteW's Ultimate Warriors!
There is no need to explain that the Coach Experience of PeteW is much higer than Shadowblast's.
The Ultimate Warriors are a common skilled Chaos Dwarf Team including 8 Dirty Players.
Shadowplst's Broilers have a very nice ST7 Block Troll but only 14 players.
He should buy two star players only to get the 16 players otherwise they wont survive the game.
The Prediction for this game:
2:0 for Ultimate Warriors! minimum.

Smashak's Bila ruka Image vs. Image brew_town's Rodentia Order
The Coach Experience is a bit on the part of Smashak.
Smashak has already hired nobbla what makes sense because 83,33% of his blitzes will make a stun minimum. The rest of the team is a good equal orc team with some +ST and one Star Player.
Rodentia Order has a one Turner and two dangerous rats with the claw/rsc combo.
I predict a very hard game for both of them. I think the skaven will do it if they can protect their one turner (staying in the reserve box).
3:2 for Rodentia Order.
End Result: 2:1 for Bila Ruka
Well maybe i hoped that the mavericks could win it with their one turner, but i was wrong.. Smile

Azure's Azure Fire Image vs. Image Wikario's Donnerbergstarz
Both Coaches are in the top 150 of Fumbbl so i cant see an advantege for one of them concerning The Coach Factor.
Azure Fire has 9 Blodgers and a wizard, one unexperienced strip baller and only one Guard.
The Donnerbergstars are a common orc team with lots of guards and some mighty blows. With only one tackling Blitzer it could be difficult for them to stop the Fire's in offense. They can only hope that their 3 tackling bobs are in range.
It is difficult for me to predict a winner, but I think azure will make it with his blodgers.
2:1 for Azure Fire.
End Result: 1:0 for Azure Fire

Last edited by KingRoyale on %b %16, %2009 - %20:%Mar; edited 5 times in total
CircularLogic

Post   Posted: Mar 13, 2009 - 15:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Uhm.. I don`t know what coach you were looking at, when you checked copycat.... but saying that Buur is more experienced in terms of games under the belt, when copycat was for years the leader in # of games played... 5k games, more than 2k in ranked.. uhm?
KingRoyale

Post   Posted: Mar 13, 2009 - 15:09 Reply with quote Back to top

ok thx.
Changed
CircularLogic

Post   Posted: Mar 13, 2009 - 15:33 Reply with quote Back to top

You might then also re-read the two last lines of the same prediction Wink
KingRoyale

Post   Posted: Mar 13, 2009 - 15:36 Reply with quote Back to top

oh my. Maybe i was too concentrated on the layout ;D
WardenUSA

Post   Posted: Mar 14, 2009 - 01:40 Reply with quote Back to top

it is a cool layout, now do my Crimson lantern!!!
KingRoyale

Post   Posted: Mar 15, 2009 - 15:00 Reply with quote Back to top

My Predictions for:

UI V Qualifier: Crimpson Lantern

Round 1 (left games):

WardenUSA's Pamona High! Image vs. Image SillySod's Die Meech, Die
The Coach part goes clearly to SillySod with a much higher CR and about double played ranked games.
Both are playing vamps, where Die Meech, Die is the more experienced Team with 152:33 games played up to now. Also they won more matches in percentage of games played than Pamona High!.
Die Mech Die is with FF22 much more popular and will always win pitch invasions (if you can say win here), Rock throws and get The Ref rolls.
Both teams have a couple of Dirty player what can result in a really dirty match for both.
The Vampires are good, not excellent at both teams. The big difference will be Die Meech DieĀ“s Vampire Lord and some Bloding Vampires with tackle.
The main weakness of Pomona High is that no vampire has tackle and only 2 weak Thralls with it.
Therefore it should be a relatively easy win for SillySod. The only Problem he could get is to be fouled a lot (Particular if one of the Bloding monsters is knocked down or fails something).
My Prediction:
0:2 for Die Meech, Die

ugiak's Wild Burp Image vs. Image Cloggy's Sweetums and Friends
Again there is a big difference in the coach ranking what makes Cloggy to the favourited coach. Both Teams have played about same number of games while Sweetums and Friends have won much more. Also the Team Rating and Strength goes to Cloggy's team. Reason is of course the much higher FF, 22:9 and the team treasury (200000: 20000).
The players of both teams are about equal and nobody has a big advantage caused by good skill rolls. The Niggler rolls could decide the number of touchdowns made by Cloggy.
Cloggy should win it easily even without spending money for it.
My Prediction:
0:2 for Sweetums and Friends.
Chainsaw

Post   Posted: Mar 16, 2009 - 19:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Aw, nobody predicted for my group, bronze lantern. Crying or Very sad

My team Vinco Vici Victum won their opening game. Very Happy

Gotta be favourite to reach the final stage, but then it's against 1 of 3 very strong DE teams. If I can get through the semi, I had better get some more tackle otherwise that will be a no hoper.

Question is, do I hire Nobbla for my semi against these Nurgles? My head says no, that I should save because I'll need every penny in the next stage and I should have enough to get there. My heart says I love Nobbla! Will there be a use for a wizard vs DE? Hrm...

Post   Posted: Mar 17, 2009 - 15:32 Reply with quote Back to top

It's "Final Time" in the Jade Lantern! Our insider reporter has heard a rumour that it's due to be played sometime tomorrow, though we have been unable to confirm this.

Anyway, this seems as good a time as any to review my predictions for the qualifier so far. The more forgetful/untrusting amongst you may want to check them on page one to confirm that I haven't edited anything to reflect the truth Wink

Round 1
First match was already played
Second match, correct winner and correct score \o/
Third match, wrong winner and wrong score. Sorry.
Fourth match, correct winner and wrong score. Can't say I'm too disappointed!

So, out of the second round matches, I'd predicted only one of them to contain the correct teams. However, I was wrong about the result there. Lizards stormed past the dwarves, and head into the final!
The other semi-final featured the Human team and some Amazons. Even with a different opponent to my earlier guess, I still managed to predict the winner!

Final: Reptile Revolution vs Monkey Island SwashBucklers

Turning up to the final are two relatively healthy teams. The humans have suffered a niggle on their SF/frenzy blitzer and -ma on another, while the Lizards have got through everything unscathed! Lizards are already taking a wizard with them, while the humans haven't revealed their purchases yet, but with a 9TS advantage even before spending the 195k they've managed to keep, they'll definitely have a large advantage here. I'd expect to see a wizzie and the mighty Count Drakenbourg.
Onto my predictions for this encounter. The lizards have an awesome krox, and two pretty nice skinks, though the ma10 one has suffered -ag which may limit his OTS potential. However, their saurii are not very well skilled, with two absolute rookie, only one tackler, and the SF/frenzy still lacking block. Conversely, the humans have 4 tacklers, three of which have MB, so will rip through the skinks if they can get past the krox/saurus shield. Combine with that a tackle/strip ball lino, and no sure hands on the lizards, and I'm starting to lean more and more towards the humans. With three DPs, I'd expect the tackle saurus to attract a fair bit of attention early on, and once he's gone the count will be tough to contend with. So, my prediction? 3-1 to the Humans.

Good luck to both of you! Smile
Chainsaw

Post   Posted: Mar 19, 2009 - 01:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Well I came through it almost unscathed, thanks to Nobbla for helping out. Next up is a game vs one of two 300tr Dark Elves. I have 3 tacklers now, so it'll be a competitive match up. I think it'll come down to how many players I can remove in the first half. Would be interested to see an analysis/prediction beyond my own gut feeling

Post   Posted: Mar 19, 2009 - 08:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Chainsaw wrote:
Well I came through it almost unscathed, thanks to Nobbla for helping out. Next up is a game vs one of two 300tr Dark Elves. I have 3 tacklers now, so it'll be a competitive match up. I think it'll come down to how many players I can remove in the first half. Would be interested to see an analysis/prediction beyond my own gut feeling

True he did a bit, but dont forgot your dice rolls Wink
 Jump to: