21 coaches online • Server time: 01:46
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Finishing the 60 Gam...goto Post SWL Season CIgoto Post My 1st Blackbox tour...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Should a link to the CALENDER for Fumbbl's Official Tournaments be included on the Tournaments page?
Yes. You, sir, are a gentleman and a scholar.
64%
 64%  [ 18 ]
No!!! That's a terrible idea.
7%
 7%  [ 2 ]
I like polls... maybe?
10%
 10%  [ 3 ]
Pie.
14%
 14%  [ 4 ]
Sarcastic remark... (but really yes because you have man-love for Catalyst32)
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 28

Catalyst32

Post   Posted: May 16, 2009 - 19:38 Reply with quote Back to top

First off... I love the changes to the Tournaments the way they have been handled. They add a great deal to my enjoyment of Fumbbl by giving me goals to aim my teams toward and a chance to test my mettle against the best coaches in a game with more meaning than Ranked can provide. (Usually I find my mettle is full of FAIL but I still like to test it Razz.)

I find links to the calender rather useful to prepare for upcoming XFL's (my favorite tournaments so far) and other Minors etc... But finding a link to that calender is sometimes not as easy as I think it could be or should be.

I suggest that the Fumbbl Official Tournaments page (which looks great) should contain a link to the Calender. Right under the Official Tournament rules would be a good place. But anywhere would be acceptable. This page says when Majors begin already. So maybe it could be posted around the Minors also.

I think this would be very helpful for people looking to enter Tournaments that are not as well versed in the inner workings of Fumbbl Tournaments. I think it would help to increase the number of applicants for the Minor Tournaments (and maybe the Majors too).

And to get more people to read this I am going to include a poll.
PurpleChest

Post   Posted: May 16, 2009 - 20:27
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

depending on the theme you use but.....

There is a button on the site called 'calendar' (i use purple plastic and its under 'report match' and above 'support' on the left hand of every page)

You could maybe try pressing that?

Post   Posted: May 16, 2009 - 21:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Well.. that button is kind of hidden among the other options and it`s plain text.

Wouid it hurt to link it on the tourney pages?
Catalyst32

Post   Posted: May 16, 2009 - 22:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Ahh... nice... Thanks PC. I have always just used 'Pitch' the one you get if you don't change your settings. I decided I liked the way it looks better long before I even discovered Fumbbl Tournaments. I also now see it is under the GAME menu along with Gamefinder etc... Good to know.

I do still think it would be good to have a link on the Tournament page. But it was only a suggestion regardless.

I am surprised that the man-love option on the poll has only received 1 vote.
You would think it would be higher considering my large group of 'haters/fans'.
 Jump to: