14 coaches online • Server time: 05:33
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Borg Invasiongoto Post Finishing the 60 Gam...goto Post GIF Guide
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Catalyst32

Post   Posted: May 08, 2009 - 07:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Worn out legs from chasing Elves across the pitch must led to worn out backsides against a punchy squad of Norsemen. The Ogre, Stefan, was so tired it is rumored that he slept standing up throughout most of the game. The Gauntlets were carried of the field in droves by the bashing powerhouses from the fjords of Norsca. Final score 2-0 with The Gauntlets record falling to 2-1-2.

Two Gauntlet players will not be donning their armour in next weeks game due to their glorious deaths. As is customary there bodies will be buried under a mound of stones and emblazened on vast stoney plains. Details can be found at any Temple of Sigmar.
PainState

Post   Posted: May 13, 2009 - 19:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Buccaneers just hanging out

Well the Blood Sea Buccaneers are just sitting around waiting to see if Snake Eyes have the balls to actually show up and play some Blood Bowl. But with all this down time to contemplate our fate in the premier the Buccaneers still have a chance to end the season strong and finish out with respectable point total at the end of the season.

But once again the armagedon finish is setting it self up. Blunt force is done for the year if Sami has called it quits which leaves them with 19 pts. The Bucs could run the last two games and also end with 19 Pts which we would lose on tie breaker with the blunt force. Ice Nine has the inside track BUT could also end with 19 pts leaving a 3 way tie. On top of it Celas has a chance to win another Premier title the old fashion way by benefiting from the drop coach/forfeit crap that seems to plague all leagues.

BUT Iam still holding out hope that Sami will get back to it and finish out the season like a true dark elf. Plus my Buccaneers really need to get in a game to get back into shape and the snake eyes look like the team we need to beat on a little to get that loving premier felling back.

Post   Posted: May 21, 2009 - 17:55 Reply with quote Back to top

So now that the season is almost over, has anyone noticed any real differences due to the rule changes in the games they played?
I've yet to see a more bloodthirsty competition come about, or any abuse of the changes.
I've played against 1 star, but I was pretty much not going to win that game anyway, so really no biggie, and probably hurt them more, by depriving the use of the star in the more important and closely matched final game.
The only real change I've seen in my perspective, was the dynamics of the division (prem) changing drastically due to a bunch of drop outs who left before the season started, because they were afraid of the rule changes.

Post   Posted: May 21, 2009 - 18:04 Reply with quote Back to top

My necros just played Zara while I fielded Ramtut. It would have been a very good match if 2 out of my 3 best players didnt niggled out.

It was my first season since season 6 or 7 and I didn't see any difference. Probably like you said, in the Premiere league.
Haxtor

Post   Posted: May 21, 2009 - 18:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Personally not noticed much in the way of rule changes effecting anything. Haven't played any stars nor any teams with more than 1 dp. Although my poor elves are in the lower end of fringe and no one would have needed a star to stomp them good so we will have to wait and see to give any more conclusive opinions.
Mully

Post   Posted: May 22, 2009 - 06:03 Reply with quote Back to top

screech wrote:
So now that the season is almost over, has anyone noticed any real differences due to the rule changes in the games they played?
I've yet to see a more bloodthirsty competition come about, or any abuse of the changes.
I've played against 1 star, but I was pretty much not going to win that game anyway, so really no biggie, and probably hurt them more, by depriving the use of the star in the more important and closely matched final game.
The only real change I've seen in my perspective, was the dynamics of the division (prem) changing drastically due to a bunch of drop outs who left before the season started, because they were afraid of the rule changes.

Preferring one style of play over another is a personal peference that has nothing to do with being scared of pixels dying. The way you worded that sentence sounds very "dicky".

Post   Posted: May 22, 2009 - 08:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Mully wrote:
screech wrote:

Preferring one style of play over another is a personal peference that has nothing to do with being scared of pixels dying. The way you worded that sentence sounds very "dicky".

Aye, except as far as I know, rules do not dictate play style.
I wasn't even concerning myself with pixels dying, but rather the rule changes in total. Hence the comment about facing a starplayer before the sentence you bolded.
As you might remember, what usually happens when the season comes near the end, rules changes are discussed for the upcoming season.
As a proponent of the current season's rule changes I was questioning the other players in the league of their experiences with the new rule set.
If experience under this current set showed glaring problems, it might very likely change my opinion on the matter.
If you took this as an insinuation of you being yellow, I apologize.
I'm sorry, that wasn't my intent.
However I can't help but tweak my last sentence to what I think shows something that is a bit more ... ... ... what's the word you used?
screech wrote:

For whatever reason.

Post   Posted: May 22, 2009 - 23:31 Reply with quote Back to top

In all honesty if the league just went back to the 10 day rounds Id probably rejoin.

Post   Posted: May 23, 2009 - 01:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Well I hope you do come back.
I much prefer to play against coaches who know what they're doing then against lucker noobs.
*cough* fanger *cough*.

I'm not a big fan of the 7 day schedule, although I will say the season does seem to move along at a faster clip, so it's not without its charm.

Oh, and I'm ok playing against the regular noobs, at least I can get a win in for once.

Post   Posted: May 27, 2009 - 03:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Hell of a way to close out the season. The Blitzers were playing strong all season and were trailing by one point to lead the division. A tie would win it, but a win would lock it up for certain.

The lizards of DAMB came to play hard, and were not at all intimidated by the #86, Hines "Ketchup" Ward taking to the pitch with his illegal deathroller.

The Blitzers pounded the ball in the rain, despite DAMB's best attempts to distract Jak Hammerbert, #58 with Bone Head. Jak was awesome in the first half and marched down, only to be pushed into the end zone by a desperate skink hoping to knock the ball loose from the tough dwarf blitzer.

A tough Dwarf defense shut down the lizards in the first half.

The lizards had a chance to tie up the game, but the rain and mud made handling the ball tough, until one of the Sauruses ended up with the ball. Try as he might, he was unable to escape the clutches of the deftly and amazing agile Dermonti Deathrun, #63, the center. Dermonti is known to be the slickest longbeard to ever take to the pitch in the NWL, and proved his worth today.

Eventually knocking the ball loose, Merill Hodge-Podge came up with the ball and made a late score at the end of the second half. The lizards could only fumble around with the ball the rest of the match.

An excellent game for the blitzers, who secure a win in the Veteran Division and will advance to Premier. Merill Hodge Podge skilled up, but thanks to crappy-ass LRB 4.0 rules, he aged despite rolling doubles and gaining the Dodge skill.

Another fun game against Johnny_Ryce and i'm sure we will cross paths again.
Da_Todfatha

Post   Posted: May 30, 2009 - 13:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Season 13 is all but closed out. We had several forfeits handed out and we have one game that was extended to today, Saturday May 30. The NEW division tourney is underway, and the Premier finals matchup will likely be scheduled soon.

Congrats everyone to a good season, I will pm out for info regarding your team and whether you'd like to draft as well. If anyone wants to recommend a coach to be invited to join us, please PM me their name so I can begin checking into them.

Thanks again,
Da_Commish

oryx

Post   Posted: May 30, 2009 - 21:13 Reply with quote Back to top

And now for sports news. Dan?

Crazy season! Coming from waaaaaay behind, upstarts Le Morte D'Arthur managed to win every season game except their first against Vol's dastardly rats. Despite the loss of beautiful engine of destruction Morgan Le Fay in the final game against the steamrolling Ridiculous Headgear Cow Music, they're still going strong and appear ready to take on all challengers in Vet.

We managed to catch coach Oryx for a quick comment about his team's miraculous season.

"When we lost our first game in the NEW season finale tournament, I almost threw in the towel. When we tied our first season game against the rats, despite beating them silly with their own tails, I almost killed every single lineman myself! I actually went out and bought a home-use guillotine, and this provided all the incentive I needed to get my squad up and moving! It was all cake and gravy from there, and we're shaping up to be a fine team now. As for the untimely retirement of Morgan Le Fay, well, I knew I should have hired a blitzer instead, but she was very.... persuasive. I'm a sucker for a fine looking woman!"

And that's all from coach Oryx of Le Morte D'Arthur. What an amazing season! And now back to the news...
screech

Post   Posted: Jun 02, 2009 - 17:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Da_Todfatha wrote:
and the Premier finals matchup will likely be scheduled soon.

Congrats everyone to a good season,

Oh really???
After such a borked season, we're still going to go through with this?

Did the finals last season go that well that it demanded a repeat?

Post   Posted: Jun 02, 2009 - 18:09 Reply with quote Back to top

And we've got a minimum of 5 days to wait until Celas is even around to play that first game of the playoffs.
PainState

Post   Posted: Jun 04, 2009 - 21:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Well I did not notice any real changes in the NWL with the new rule set. IMO it really did not have any effect on the pitch that some coaches were worried about. The big change was in the premeier and the # of coaches who ran to the hills or just quit half way through the season for some reason.

The 7 day I think worked out, kept the pace of things moving, BUT with all the fall out from coaches it made the season go faster because the coaches that were left were commited to knocking it out. Plus I did not see to many extensions during the sesaon.

Premeir final. OK I understand that Celas is away and cannot compete. BUT to exclude the #4 team because of it? The Buccaneers are filling a protest that they were left out of the action. I know we would probally been crushed BUT thats not the point!! BAH!