43 coaches online • Server time: 18:07
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post SWL Season CIgoto Post My 1st Blackbox tour...goto Post Finishing the 60 Gam...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
What player would you get if you won the GLT?
Dark/High Elf Lineman
14%
 14%  [ 24 ]
Longbeard / Chaos Dwarf Blocker
22%
 22%  [ 37 ]
Beastman
16%
 16%  [ 27 ]
Skink
4%
 4%  [ 7 ]
Elf Thrower
7%
 7%  [ 13 ]
Amazon Catcher
1%
 1%  [ 2 ]
Wood Elf Lineman
1%
 1%  [ 3 ]
Halfling
6%
 6%  [ 11 ]
Human Thrower
0%
 0%  [ 1 ]
Human Catcher
1%
 1%  [ 3 ]
Skaven Thrower
4%
 4%  [ 7 ]
Ghoul
0%
 0%  [ 1 ]
Goblin
3%
 3%  [ 6 ]
Orc Lineman
0%
 0%  [ 1 ]
Norse Catcher
1%
 1%  [ 2 ]
Norse Thrower
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Amazon Thrower
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Zombie
5%
 5%  [ 9 ]
Thro-Ra
1%
 1%  [ 2 ]
Something else
7%
 7%  [ 12 ]
Total Votes : 168

Zombie69

Post   Posted: Jun 19, 2009 - 18:15 Reply with quote Back to top

To add TTM possibility. The possibility of overtime doesn't change! Razz
MadTias

Post   Posted: Jun 20, 2009 - 12:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Reisender wrote:
i do not understand why a goblin when you hire ripper or morg, madtias???

Like p4m and Zombie69 says: to add an OTS possibility via TTM. Chaos teams could go this route for example, they often hire Ripper or Morg in tourneys and don't normally have access to a player with Right Stuff.

To change topics: one thing that fascinates me about the polling results is the large number of coaches that prefer a DE/HE lino to a WE lino. Like I wrote in my previous post, I find the WE lino to be strictly superior. The difference is in MA and AV, so clearly most coaches prefer higher AV. But why? You're picking a player to be your ball-carrier. He's clearly going to use high MA to do his job. And if you play it right he's not supposed to get hit, so his AV won't come into play very often. So why pick the higher AV elf lino?
SillySod

Post   Posted: Jun 20, 2009 - 12:06 Reply with quote Back to top

"if you play it right"

Its a rare game that your ball carrier doesnt get hit. Some people will also want to use the elf for defence and absolutely everyone wants to keep their prize alive for a long period of time... I'd rather thave a slightly slower elf for 15 games than a faster one for 10 games Smile

"There are those to whom knowledge is a shield. There are those to whom it is a weapon. Neither view is balanced."
MadTias

Post   Posted: Jun 20, 2009 - 13:42 Reply with quote Back to top

SillySod wrote:
"if you play it right"

Its a rare game that your ball carrier doesnt get hit. Some people will also want to use the elf for defence and absolutely everyone wants to keep their prize alive for a long period of time... I'd rather thave a slightly slower elf for 15 games than a faster one for 10 games Smile

Yea, that's the heart of the issue i suppose. I'd rather have a slightly faster elf for 10 games.
p4m

Post   Posted: Jun 21, 2009 - 02:26 Reply with quote Back to top

MadTias wrote:

Yea, that's the heart of the issue i suppose. I'd rather have a slightly faster elf for 10 games.

i agree Wink
show him or play him Smile
Fatty

Post   Posted: Jul 06, 2009 - 14:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Human catcher for orcs!, mv8
Malmir

Post   Posted: Jul 06, 2009 - 19:22 Reply with quote Back to top

I've been back and forth but going to go for a High Elf lino over a Wood Elf one for potential longevity. I want HE rather than DE as he'll look more out of place and fluff wise I think a high elf would turn his nose up at Orcs which will make me feel better when he niggles first game.
MadTias

Post   Posted: Jul 09, 2009 - 07:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Malmir wrote:
I've been back and forth but going to go for a High Elf lino over a Wood Elf one for potential longevity. I want HE rather than DE as he'll look more out of place and fluff wise I think a high elf would turn his nose up at Orcs which will make me feel better when he niggles first game.

Cool. Hope to see him on the field soon.
 Jump to: