44 coaches online • Server time: 14:35
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Making Assassins mor...goto Post Borg Invasiongoto Post Meat Grinder Season ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Bill_Vestergaard

Post   Posted: Jul 09, 2009 - 12:58 Reply with quote Back to top

The rumour goes that the Lustrian Challenge III will be flat entry both for the qualifiers and the finals. I was wondering what people think of that?

Another rumour goes that there will be a challenge part in the finals this year.
I have heard that there will be 16 qualifiers of 8 teams as always. The 16 winners (and runners up as we get some fallouts of qualified teams seemingly always) can apply to the group for the finals. They are allowed a maximum of 3 games between the qualifier final and entry to the finals themselves. At this point 16 are accepted into the group. They then submit a list of the other 15 teams in their order of preference. The smallest team will get their first pick for round one. The next smallest unmatched team will then get their highest unmatched name on their list etc, until we have 8 matches. These are then sorted randomly into the finals, which after that first round will proceed as normal
Will this give 8 really good balanced games for the first round of the finals or will it ruin the tournament? Is this too complicated or do people like this format, will it be too complicated and keep people from applying to the qualifiers in the first place?

What about dynamic gold? I myself think that there should be dynamic gold both in the qualifiers and the finals since it got flat entry, the rumour has it that this isn’t decided yet, but it will most likely have dynamic gold in both the qualifiers and the finals. What do you guys think about that?

Oh and the final rumour I heard was that PurpleChest will ban people if they don’t play competitive warm up games both before the qualifiers and the three games before the finals. Will people listen for once and play fair competitive games or will PurpleChest have to ban some coaches?

I hope I have made you interested in the Lustrian Challenge, I know I will be looking forward to seeing this format in action and hope the rumours I have heard will be true, since I really like this. Sadly I wont be able to play because I’m off on holidays the first 14 days on the qualifiers

Lustrian Challenge III qualifiers will start in August
On1

Post   Posted: Jul 09, 2009 - 13:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Bill, give me your login and pass... i will qualify your team for you.
p4m

Post   Posted: Jul 09, 2009 - 19:57 Reply with quote Back to top

first off all: Major go!

2nd: PC and staff: hats off, i assume we will see a well prepared major, with lots of good matchups.

So at this point this are just rumors, but if that will be true: i love the idea of giving a flat entry, im not sure, how good this will work out, but it might favour the high FF teams. On the short hand it will favour the high av teams. which will even more workout with a limit of 3 preperation games in between. (my rats needed about 30 games after they got crushed twice in preparing phase - just to add)

Even with dynamic gold, i guess we will see lots of orcs, dwarf and chaosdwarf teams in qualifiers... which will lead to boring mirrow-matchups.

And the last point is about banning people not playing competative games... this seems to be a good attempt, but we all know this willl lead to discussions... about complains...lets have a look how good this will work, would be nice...
Bill_Vestergaard

Post   Posted: Jul 10, 2009 - 15:10 Reply with quote Back to top

On1 wrote:
Bill, give me your login and pass... i will qualify your team for you.

I think you already got my login. Very Happy and I don't think you can be trusted with my password, I got a feeling you will retire all my non blackbox teams. Very Happy

So only p4m wants to comment on these rumours?
Mr_Foulscumm

Post   Posted: Jul 10, 2009 - 15:18 Reply with quote Back to top

I hope the rumors are true. Flat entry would be great (also coz I hate having to hoard money Very Happy).

One rumor I was hoping for was that the temple guard would become a wandering prize... can't have it all I guess Smile

Post   Posted: Jul 10, 2009 - 15:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't flat entry give Dwarves an advantage? They don't really have great star players and no wiz, so tourney money doesn't seem to be that big of an deal for them.

Post   Posted: Jul 10, 2009 - 15:41 Reply with quote Back to top

WindexChugger wrote:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't flat entry give Dwarves an advantage? They don't really have great star players and no wiz, so tourney money doesn't seem to be that big of an deal for them.

I would agree. Flat entry should also benefit teams that often only want to get a wizard (Skaven and WE f.ex.). With dynamic gold, 50k isn't hard to get. Any teams that often buy their way through tourneys with stars should be at the other end (Orcs and Chaos f.ex.)

Oh, and I like it! Go PurpleChest! Very Happy
SillySod

Post   Posted: Jul 10, 2009 - 16:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Mr_Foulscumm wrote:
One rumor I was hoping for was that the temple guard would become a wandering prize... can't have it all I guess Smile

I heard a rumour that the temple guard will have morleys revenge due to having holy days.

"There are those to whom knowledge is a shield. There are those to whom it is a weapon. Neither view is balanced."
Malmir

Post   Posted: Jul 10, 2009 - 20:09 Reply with quote Back to top

What do you mean by a 'wandering' prize? Please explain...

Mr_Foulscumm wrote:
I hope the rumors are true. Flat entry would be great (also coz I hate having to hoard money Very Happy).

Mr_Foulscumm

Post   Posted: Jul 10, 2009 - 20:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Malmir wrote:
What do you mean by a 'wandering' prize? Please explain...

Wandering, not permanent. As in, only one Temple Guard on Fumbbl and only the most resent winner of the LC would have him.

Post   Posted: Jul 10, 2009 - 20:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Not sure how they could implement that as the two given out were given as permanent. Can't really then decide two years later it isn't.
Mr_Foulscumm

Post   Posted: Jul 10, 2009 - 20:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Malmir wrote:
Not sure how they could implement that as the two given out were given as permanent. Can't really then decide two years later it isn't.

I'm fairly certain Christer can make them impermanent quite easily. Wink

But I doubt it will happen.

Post   Posted: Jul 11, 2009 - 01:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Mr_Foulscumm wrote:
Malmir wrote:

I'm fairly certain Christer can make them impermanent quite easily. Wink

But I doubt it will happen.

actually its not that hard. Even a lowly peon like myself can retire the player in question. I personally hope for it being a wandering prize. But its up the powers that be Smile
JackDaniels

Post   Posted: Jul 11, 2009 - 01:56 Reply with quote Back to top

SillySod wrote:
Mr_Foulscumm wrote:

I heard a rumour that the temple guard will have morleys revenge due to having holy days.

the second temple guard might already be the wandering one but mine is permant (unless someone will change it, which i doubt)
but the eaters won´t apply, although flat entry would make it much easier than the other majors. i wouldn´t be suprised if many elf lose vs bashers in round 1 because of the lack of wizard.but i really like the flat entry idea. i would even go a step further. allowing cash but forbid wizards and starplayers the whole tournament, because otherwise the winnings roll will have a big influence.
i don´t have much alternativ teams but my low tr high ff undead will give it a shot and might have good chance to get far if they get past round 1 and get enough money for teh count for the other games
 Jump to: