45 coaches online • Server time: 14:21
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Making Assassins mor...goto Post Borg Invasiongoto Post Meat Grinder Season ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
KenThis

Post   Posted: Jul 13, 2009 - 16:04 Reply with quote Back to top

dammit i thought DMU was over
and i retired my dwarf team that i let everyone but calcium try to beat up.
(they regularly used to smash calciums teams instead)

Oh well I'll have to adjust one of my other dwarf teams accordingly
if you see me online and want to smash some dwarves let me know.
i won't always put them on gamefinder but i'll usually be available to play.

i also have some nasty chaos dwarves if anybody wants to make points off cdblockers..
KenThis

Post   Posted: Jul 13, 2009 - 16:30 Reply with quote Back to top

These are the dwarven hordes you can smash.

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=385308

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=493214

I also have the 4th best dwarves in the box.
If anyone has a similar team TR/TS team to put in the box I will happily put mine in at the same time.

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=508115
paulhicks

Post   Posted: Jul 14, 2009 - 00:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Firstly im very glad to see that someone wants to take another shot.

If i might offer some thoughts and advice (which as dmu is nothing to do with me anymore your free to ignore completely) based on my own failings theyd be:

1)Group aims

What do you want the group to be about? Killing and maiming? wining? a mixture of the two? how are you going to reflect this in the scoring system? will teams that always loose but cause 5 cas get more points than an elf team that doesnt bash so much but wins every game 5-0? is it a problem if they do?
if its all about the kill and winning isnt important at all will people acuse you of causing coaches to ignore the "playing to win" rules? do you care if they do?

2) group fairness

when i was running it i was very concerned that the group could deteriorate into a "biggest cherry picker wins" event so i adjusted teh scoring rules in teh hope of preventing this. if you want to do that then take a look at wether it worked and what might work better.
will your group have different scoring for different types of team?

3) other stuff

just dwarfs or chaos dwarsf too? if you include chaos dwarfs will people get the same points for hurting a hobgoblin as they would a longbeard? how will you check?
i like the idea of doing all divisions but will they have seperate trophies or just compete for the same one?
will it be a "whoever gets teh most games wins" affair or "whos more consistent"?
if you have too many trophies will it dilute the idea of actualy winning?
which staff will you get in to help you if any?

there was probably loads of other stuff but ive forgotten it now. i dont want to sound like im being negative in the slightest as im sur eyou can make a good go of it. just these are some of the things to think about

Post   Posted: Jul 14, 2009 - 01:15 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm more then willing to help out again. Smile

Post   Posted: Jul 14, 2009 - 14:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Well this was just a quick line to see the amount of support DMU season 3 would have and to be honest other than that ive not given it much thought, il think on some of your points Mr Hicks as they are all very sound and dont come across as negative at all :] gimme a few hrs to think this through and il see what i can come up with.

Mr Foulscumm any help would be awesome i believe you designed the trophies etc? that i really have no idea about!
 Jump to: