29 coaches online • Server time: 14:16
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Finishing the 60 Gam...goto Post Borg Invasiongoto Post GIF Guide
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Balle2000

Post   Posted: Nov 22, 2010 - 13:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Think it might be nice to have additional player stats -- like TDs and Games -- shown in-game as well.

Might not be room though.

Thoughts?
maysrill

Post   Posted: Nov 22, 2010 - 13:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Can't you just keep a browser window open if you're interested in career stats mid-game? I kinda prefer the interface to contain all/only game-relevant information.

Author of Firehurler (Twinborn Trilogy Book #1), Aethersmith (Book #2), Sourcethief (Book #3)
Grod

Post   Posted: Nov 22, 2010 - 13:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Balle2000 wrote:
Think it might be nice to have additional player stats -- like TDs and Games -- shown in-game as well.

Might not be room though.

Thoughts?

Might be interesting to have a link to the players stats page, for lazy spectators etc (perhaps reachable from the menu)? Certainly low priority though.

Oscar Wilde
Balle2000

Post   Posted: Nov 22, 2010 - 13:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Grod wrote:
Certainly low priority though.

Indeed!

@maysrill: this could be solved with a simple toggle a la "Turn ON/OFF career stats"

I feel this feature would be especially interesting for League play -- where the fluff of certain legendary players adds to the overall BB experience imho

Btw: this thread might be better in the "feature request" forum, come to think of it Wink
Carnis

Post   Posted: Nov 23, 2010 - 12:44 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd be more interested in updating fumbblstats, like when a player gets a career-altering injury, the client-specific info that the client already reports would be also shown on fumbbl on the player's personal bio-page ("was piled upon by xxx") ("tripped while going for it"). Hyperlink a small popup box for each injury, for instance..
Balle2000

Post   Posted: Nov 23, 2010 - 14:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Carnis wrote:
I'd be more interested in updating fumbblstats, like when a player gets a career-altering injury, the client-specific info that the client already reports would be also shown on fumbbl on the player's personal bio-page ("was piled upon by xxx") ("tripped while going for it"). Hyperlink a small popup box for each injury, for instance..

This is also a good suggestion. But it is not a case of either/or. How about making a thread in the feature request forum Carnis?
Ancre

Post   Posted: Nov 23, 2010 - 20:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Carnis wrote:

Or "was "fixed" by apothecary" Very Happy

EDIT on topic : I don't want fumbblstats shown in-game. No real use (just go check the team) and my main fear is that by overcrowding the client with features there will be too much information that have little relevance, and that will obscure or submerge the more important one. I think that adding marginal information is detrimental to the whole. (But it is true that we aren't overcrowded with info yet.)
 Jump to: