33 coaches online • Server time: 17:48
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Finishing the 60 Gam...goto Post Borg Invasiongoto Post GIF Guide
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
On1

Post   Posted: Jan 02, 2011 - 13:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Currently when you wish to TTM

1. you choose the action with your "troll"

2. you select and pick up your right stuff player.

3. you target a square on the field.

4. then you roll "really stupid", "always hungry" and then the throw itself.

Wouldn't it be better if it checked for really stupid/always hungry when you attempted the "pick up" of the right stuff player?

overall it would save time, since it would skip the "Where should i throw this guy element" in case the really stupid/always hungry roll failed anyway.

just a thought.

Last edited by On1 on %b %02, %2011 - %15:%Jan; edited 1 time in total
uzkulak

Post   Posted: Jan 02, 2011 - 14:16 Reply with quote Back to top

If you need to move the troll 1st that element is already skipped. So if its bothering you just move it 1 square before lobbing the goblin.

And IIRC that also means the 2nd troll/ogre can have a go instead. But I might be remembering that part wrong.
uuni

Post   Posted: Jan 02, 2011 - 14:27 Reply with quote Back to top

@uzkulak: No, you can not have 2 trials on the same turn. The so called "TTM-Action" is actually the Pass Action, which can be declared only once per turn. Current implementation makes you select, which you are going to do when you declare the movement.
On1

Post   Posted: Jan 02, 2011 - 14:59 Reply with quote Back to top

uzkulak wrote:
If you need to move the troll 1st that element is already skipped. So if its bothering you just move it 1 square before lobbing the goblin.

And IIRC that also means the 2nd troll/ogre can have a go instead. But I might be remembering that part wrong.

It has nothing to do with if it's bothering me personally. Smile

I am just trying to point out that a change could be made that would lower the length of a game overall. Tweaking i guess it's called.
easilyamused

Post   Posted: Jan 02, 2011 - 15:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Nice idea but how much extra time will you save really? Smile

Post   Posted: Jan 02, 2011 - 16:40 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm guessing "seconds" depending how much thought the coach puts in choosing a target square. Wink

But my suggestion also provides oversight on top of saving time.

"Ok so i managed to pick him up, passing both really stupid and always hungry.. Now for the TTM!"

well.. i don't know it just seem like a better way of doing it. If it's an easy change then thumbs up.. If it's an impossible change.. then leave it be. It's not like it's unplayable Smile
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Jan 02, 2011 - 17:16 Reply with quote Back to top

I like the way it is now. You pick up the little guy, carefully plan out where to toss him, then wait to see what goes wrong.
pluto670

Post   Posted: Jan 02, 2011 - 17:39 Reply with quote Back to top

fair point from On1 but i guess its probably not easily changable or that necesary