22 coaches online • Server time: 02:38
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post SWL Season CIgoto Post RNG speculationsgoto Post Roster Stats - Snotl...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
ex-convict

Post   Posted: Sep 20, 2013 - 02:24 Reply with quote Back to top

*Sigh*

My router seems to be having issues, its been failing to connect for over an hour. Someone let Kryten know that ill be on when its back up

Don't drop the soap.
Kryten

Post   Posted: Sep 20, 2013 - 02:26
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

got it. thx nekran
licker

Post   Posted: Sep 20, 2013 - 02:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Kryten!

ex will be on later!

Kryten!
JackassRampant

Post   Posted: Oct 31, 2013 - 01:21 Reply with quote Back to top

And the winner of the Dallas vs. Flashington match is...

Philhala, maybe. Anyone watching the Week 13 Flashington vs. Philhala game, definitely. And the pool of Wood Elf free agents.

I haven't done the math, IDK if a tie here is the end of the line for Dallas. But if I were a betting man, I'd buy a lotto ticket rather than take any comprehensible $1 bet on the Dendrophiliacs making the postseason. A tie for Flashington means the postseason road for the Redheads is not an easy one.

Philhala goes into Week 13 at 5-3-4 (18 VP, 1.5 VP/match), with 3 division wins, one head-to-head loss to Flashington, and a game against Dallas in Week 14.

Flashington has to play vs. the 9-1-2 Green Ball Attackers first. Happygrue is 3-0-1 vs. JackassRampant, but two of the wins were in overtime (one was Hop on Pop vs. the Ballbustore Mavens, a rather similar matchup, though more favorable to Grue than this one). The Redheads also have to do it without team captain J. Riggins, though they'll be packing inducements. Right now, the Redheads sport a 4-5-2 record (17 VP, 1.56 VP/match). After that, they get the Detroilet Sewer Lions. That means both teams will be within two VP of one another.

If Flashington beats Green Ball:
*Flashington win vs. Philhala seals division.
*Tie means Philhala has to win vs. Dallas and hope Detroilet beats Flashington: any other scenario, it goes to Flashington.
*Philhala win means Flashington must win vs. Detroilet and hope Philhala doesn't beat Dallas, or tie and hope Philhala loses.
If Flashington ties with Green Ball:
*Flashington win seals division.
*Tie means Pihilhala must win and Flashington tie or lose, or tie and see Flashington lose, in Week 14.
*Philhala win means Flashington must beat Detroilet and Dallas must beat Philhala for Flashington to win.

Post   Posted: Nov 02, 2013 - 08:23 Reply with quote Back to top

My tie vs Tennesee marks a 3rd straight season the AFC West won't have any team with a losing record (I'm losing this div at 5-4-4 now, so 5-4-5 at worst if I lose to Houston)... I could've lost this div with a 7-3-4 record with a better finish... murderous :/
Nekran

Post   Posted: Nov 02, 2013 - 08:31 Reply with quote Back to top

And wow... just saw the stat-sheet of Seattle vs Carolina... brutal stuff. That should be a replay worth watching!
ryanfitz

Post   Posted: Nov 07, 2013 - 22:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok so a quick rundown of the Playoff situation with less than two weeks left in the current NBFL Season:
records are reported at W-T-L

AFC

AFC East - Two teams are thankful that Monami and the Billy Goats have left
New Angryland 9-1-3 (.718) - controls their destiny with just one match left against the divisional contend Jets - they would still have wildcard hopes if they lose
Jets 7-2-3 (.639) - also control their own destiny, if they win their remaining two games, they will win the division - they would still have wildcard hopes if they get a win and a tie
Miami 6-1-5 (.528) - Out
Buffalo 1-1-10 (.111) - Out (strong odds on the #1 pick but we dont think the franchise will stay to receive it

AFC North - Likely sending two teams
Cleveland 8-3-1 (.750) - This is their division to lose - and should they lose it, they could still take a wildcard spot.
Pittsburgh 8-4-1 (.718) - Can ensure a playoff spot with a win in their final match. They need Cleveland to falter to have a shot at the division
Baltimorc 3-2-7 (.306) - Out
Cincy 1-0-13 (.071) - FRANCHISE OPEN, INQUIRE WITHIN!

AFC South - Can be summed up by..."Houston"
Houston 9-2-1 (.806) - Division winner - with 2 games left can win out to take the #1 seed
Jacksonville 3-4-7 (.310) - FRANCHISE OPEN, INQUIRE WITHIN!
Tennessee 2-3-8 (.231)
Indy 2-2-6 (.222)

AFC West - Strong division that could end up sending just the divisional winner
Denver 11-1-2 (.810) - Divisional Winner, earned a bye, may be #1 overall in the AFC
San Dogo 8-2-3 (.667) - Must win vs Oakland for a chance at the 2nd wildcard - Does not want a Jets/New Angry tie
Oakland 7-2-4 (.590) - Must win vs SD and will beat out SD to try to represent the AFC West as a wildcard hopeful. Would need Jets to lose to New Angry
Fangsas 5-4-4 (.487) - Out
ryanfitz

Post   Posted: Nov 07, 2013 - 22:58 Reply with quote Back to top

NFC

NFC East - Phil it in a Flash (oh, that's just plain bad)
Philhala 5-3-4 (.500) - Controls the division -A win vs Flash would lock it up for good - will either win the division or not play in the postseason
Flash 4-5-3 (.472) - Needs the win vs Philly to take the lead in the division, would still need to play hard in the final week - would need a lot of help to earn a wildcard if they don't take the division
Dallas 3-1-8 (.278) - Out
NY 1-0-13 (.071) - FRANCHISE OPEN, INQUIRE WITHIN

NFC North - GB again!
GB 10-1-2 (.795) - The superbowl champ has locked up the #1 seed and is lookin to be the first back to back champ.
Minni 7-2-4 (.590) - Minni is the favorite for the #5 seed wildcard, they could lock it up with a win in their final match
Detroilet 4-4-4 (.444) - someone has 4 on the brain go play a pick4 lottery game. They need two wins and some help to earn a wildcard spot at this point, but they aren't eliminated yet.
Chicago 4-2-6 (.333) - Out

NFC South - Carolina's to lose
Carolina 8-0-4 (.667) - With two games left Carolina just needs a tie to lock up the division.
Atlatl 5-3-4 (.500) - Atlatl can ensure a playoff game if they win their last two matches, if they win out and carolina loses out they could take the division on tiebreakers
Nawlins 4-1-7 (.361) - Not mathematically eliminated yet, but 7th of 7 teams still hoping for a wildcard spot
Loth Bay 2-4-6 (.278) - Out

NFC West - Rats runnin everywhere
Seattle 8-3-1 (.750) - locked up the division - 2 wins will earn them the #2 overall seed and a bye
St Loius 5-1-6 (.444) - hoping for a playoff spot, but have 3 teams ahead of them in the wildcard race
Arizona 4-3-5 (.417) - playoff hopes hang by a string with 5 teams ahead of them in the playoff race. They will need to win out and get some help
Ban Fran 2-3-7 (.250) - Out
oryx

Post   Posted: Nov 08, 2013 - 00:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Awesome stuff, Awesome Fluff!
ex-convict

Post   Posted: Nov 08, 2013 - 01:30 Reply with quote Back to top

I ran through the numbers with Nekran last week; I thought that Oakland was eliminated after their loss (ie: fuffle-nucking) to Denver and San Dogo's forfeit W over Jacks.

However I trust fitz when it comes to this kind of stuff. Although if I do somehow manage to beat the Kryten, that would give us the same record, and we would have split the season series 1-1. The next tiebreaker (which is list on the group page, for anyone wondering) is divisional record. Assuming an oakland win, San Dogo would finish with a 2-1-3 record in the div; Oakland would finish with a 2-2-2 record. Well, there you go. Fitz knows what he's talking about.

I had assumed that Oakland's devastating loss to Denver, combined with a free win for Kryten had closed the door on my playoff hopes. But thanks to some math (and it's not often that I say that), I have a renewed goal: beat one of the best coaches on the site (who has consistently had my number in this matchup), then get a playoff game against at least a nine-win squad, with a rematch with my hated rival Denver possibly in the round after that.

Hey, I guess that's better than hopeless. Just Win Baby

Don't drop the soap.
Jeffro

Post   Posted: Nov 08, 2013 - 01:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for the writeup, ryno. Top notch Wink
licker

Post   Posted: Nov 08, 2013 - 05:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Well NA managed to pull out a draw vs. the rival JETS. Saddly the JETS took out some satisfaction by perming a bunch of Bulltrots, and with a forfeit in week14 looming we've no way to get anyone back before the playoffs start.

Should be an early exit unless we somehow magically draw Oakland Smile
ryanfitz

Post   Posted: Nov 08, 2013 - 22:31 Reply with quote Back to top

That tie, locked up playoff spots for both cleveland and pittsburgh one will win the division, the other will take a wildcard now.

Remaining AFC Wilcdard Picture
SD .667 - win and in - #5/6 seed
Jets .615 - needs win and SD tie/loss - #6 seed
Oakland .590 - needs win and Jets tie/loss - #6 seed
ex-convict

Post   Posted: Nov 20, 2013 - 21:09 Reply with quote Back to top

NBFL Season 11 Playoff Preview

Once more do we get to the best part of our season: the playoffs! All the work we put in the past 14 weeks (plus draft and builders) has culminated in a 12 team tournament that will decide our champion. Of course this also means that I will attempt to predict this winner and the entirety of the playoffs themselves as I have for the past several years. Last season saw a fairy-tale story that had my NFC team meet up against my AFC rival in the final game, only for me to destroy his squad instead of trying to win the game, thus ensuring that my AFC team would beat them in future seasons. This was a script that even Hollywood wouldn't produce (and that's saying something) and instead we got a cold-blooded battle between frogs and lizards for the Super Bowl. Both teams (Green Ball and Houston, respectively) are the number one seeded teams in their conferences and are eying a rematch in the championship, but there are ten other squads who have ambitions of their own. So without further delay, let's find out who will be bringing home the title!

NFC Playoffs

While not as strong on paper as the AFC teams, this group of NFC playoff squads is a very solid group overall. There is only one team, Atlatl, that is a true basher; the rest are predominately St3-based. Several of them are capable of scoring points in bunches, so this could be a higher-scoring playoff bracket than we are used to seeing. At the top we find Green Ball and Seattle, followed by division winners in Phillhala and Carolina, and rounded out by vetern squads from Minnesota and the ATL.

NFC Wildcard

#3 Carolina Black Panther Party vs #6 Atlatl 'n' Falchions

These division rivals meet in the first round of the playoffs after Carolina was ousted from the bye by a tiebreaker (which subsequently forced me to redo this entire NFC section). Despite winning the division, Carolina seems to be trending down as they lost their two best players, a 75 spp blitzer and a 90 spp catcher, within the last few weeks. Meanwhile their opponent is a resurgent ATL squad who was once left for dead in the playoff race, only to see them finish the year by playing amazing defense (only four goals allowed in their final seven contests). The resilient lizards beat the dodgy elves twice this season by a score of 1-0; will the third time be the charm or will there be a hat-trick?

Prediction: Carolina 1 - 2 ATL (OT)

I do think that this game will be tough for the lizards, as they don't have much depth and give up some inducements to their rivals. But Carolina lost their two impact players, and it's likely that they'll be worn down and unable to make the critical plays late. (Full dis-closer: I had completed the NFC section previously, only to find out that Carolina and Seattle had swapped spots. I actually had Carolina winning their Division round game but losing in the championship game. As they say, the playoffs are all about matchups!)

#4 Philhala Arni vs #5 Minnesota Wolfkings

This is a very interesting matchup between two teams who ultimately accept that part of their rosters qualify as "cannon fodder", and are willing to do whatever it takes to win strategy wise. In fact the two teams have a combined 31 players on hand to replenish their ranks and/or wear down the opponent with. They both also have some stud players supported by the fodder, as the two teams combine for 13 stat increases (five for Phil, eight for Minn). However, like the other wildcard matchup, one team will be receiving almost 450 inducement points (in this case, Philhala) to help turn the tide. Overall the two squads are fairly similar, with good amounts of tackle, guard, dirty player, etc. One small difference could be speed, given that the Wolfkings have two with Ma8 and one with Ma9, though if averaged out both teams are probably even as well. Hence this game will come down to the two things that you have to rely on in the playoffs: coaching and luck.

Prediction: Philhala 1 - 0 Minnesota

This may be the first time that I've actually picked Relezite to win in the long history of my predictions (outside of when he had some beast teams in KC, ironically with necros). I really have no indication which team will win, but I'll roll the dice (pun intended) with the team rocking the inducements this time.

NFC Divisional Round

And so begins the fun part: predicting the games that may or may not happen.

#1 Green Ball Attackers vs #6 Atlatl 'n' Falchions

While not quite the cold-blooded matchup that we alluded to earlier in the opening paragraph, this one will be no less awesome. The Green Ball defense has been nearly as good as the aforementioned ATL defense (four scores allowed in six games), which could result in a very tactical defensive struggle. Assuming that the Falchions don't lose a few players, they'll be giving up around 350 inducement points. However the Attackers may want to take some of their cash and buy some depth, because bringing only 12 players into a battle with some mean lizards is generally not a good idea.

Prediction: Green Ball 2 - 1 Atlatl

I don't watch enough Green Ball games to know exactly what makes them so good, but my sources tell me coaching plays a big part. I haven't picked Green Ball often the past two years, but I'll give them the nod this time.

#2 Seattle Sewerhawks vs #4 Philhala

Ah yes, a battle between two Av7 teams. However Philly has a game before this, so they could be beat up coming into the matchup. If they are, Seattle may not get enough inducements (ie: wizard and apo/babes) to help swing the game in their favor. Both of these teams are very well coached but only one can move forward.

Prediction: Seattle 1 - 2 Philhala

This should be a very close game until the end (and I literally switched my pick twice) but I guess I'm on the Relezite bandwagon. All aboard!

NFC Championship Game

#1 Green Ball Attackers vs #4 Philhala Arni

The championship game comes down to two teams not made up of green orcs, clawed chaos, smelly dwarves, or pointy-eared elves...but frog legs and barely-armored humans. What the hell is wrong with the NFC when two teams who most people say 'cannot win at high TVs' are the last two teams standing? Obviously these are two good coaches to take these races to the top, but will the pressure of the playoffs get to either one of them?

Prediction: Green Ball 1 - 2 Philhala

Get your tickets for the bandwagon now! These two teams are very close but the fact that all of the norse have block while all of the frog linos don't swung the pick in Philly's favor. You'd hate to lose a shot at the championship due to a both down on a 1d block, but sometimes the game comes down to 1/6 of a chance.

AFC Playoffs

This group of playoff teams is pretty damn ridiculous. Three of the teams have one loss on the season, another has two, and the other two just have three. In fact, three of the top four records in the league belonged to AFC teams. The two eleven win teams may get to sit back and watch the other four teams beat the hell out of each other first, but any of these six can represent the conference.

AFC Wildcard

#3 Cleveland Drowns vs #6 San Dogo Chompers

The expansion Drowns have stormed the league with a superb 8-4-1 record led by their defensive mega-star Trevor "Mutt-Mutt" Flyton (a graduate of Cal). However their opponent, San Dogo, is very familiar playing a team with deadly blitzers, ball-carrying ghouls, and hordes of dirty-player zombies. Their 15-man roster shows the scars of these battles (seven permanent injuries), but is well equip for the challenge. Still, with a combined eight Mighty Blow players and three dirty players, this should be a hard-hitting game well into the final turns.

Prediction: Cleveland 1 - 2 San Dogo

While the Drowns will get some inducements to help out, San Dogo comes from the best division in the league and has had plenty of practice against undead and necros over the years. In addition, this is Cleveland's first playoff appearance, and that kind of pressure can be suffocating. The Chompers are quite familiar with the playoffs, and with age comes wisdom...and perhaps victory.

#4 New Angryland Bulltrots vs #5 Pittsburgh Pirates

Hell, if you thought that the last game was going to be bloody, just wait until you watch this slugfest; anyone who walks out of this game with a face like George St. Pierre's will have gotten off easy (after the fight he "won" on Saturday night). New Angryland will have 500 inducement points to use, and they will need each and everyone one of them in this contest: only three of their players that will make the game have more than 31 spps. Whether or not their young players will be able to stand up to the Pittsburgh onslaught will be the key to the game.

Prediction: New Angryland 0 - 2 Pittsburgh

While I'm sure that licker appreciates not having the 'curse' placed upon him (like when I predicted him to win a few seasons ago), the reality is that his team doesn't matchup with the Pirates on any level. I'm sure that a wizard will make an appearance in this game, but the Bulltrots don't look capable of capitalizing with only one experienced Centaur.

AFC Divisional Round

#1 Houston Texasaurus vs #6 San Dogo Chompers

H-town has seen their team become a power in the NBFL ever since they joined the league two seasons ago, and this looks to be their best chance to win it all so far. While their skinks will be very, very vulnerable to the Chompers' blitzers, just about ever Chomper is vulnerable to the imposing saurrii. Given that they had to deal with a tough necro team first, San Dogo may not have enough in the tank to achieve victory. Of course it is Kryten so I expect him to pull a rabbit out of hat once or twice.

Prediction: Houston 3 - 2 San Dogo (OT)

But not enough times. Given that both teams have a lot of hitting power, I expect a lot of KOs, and thus both sides will be hesitant but ultimately willing to score quicker than usual in an effort to get them back. I'm also expecting San Dogo to drop enough TV to get a wizard, which should make for one hell of a game.

#2 Denver Mile Under Club vs #5 Pittsburgh Pirates

Denver currently has four dirty players and four players with mighty blow; Pittsburgh, while subject to change after their wildcard game, has three dirty players and three with mighty blow. If anything, the referee might be the key to this game (kind of like the Saints vs Niners game or the Patriots vs Panthers game). However if Pittsburgh is able to make Denver mark all of their players with the block-less zombies, it could open up the more conventional casualty opportunities, hence making regeneration the other key factor.

Prediction: Denver 1 - 0 Pittsburgh

I don't know how they'll do it, but Robo will likely dice the hell out of Nico like he did to me two weeks ago (I mad bro).

AFC Championship Game

#1 Houston Texasaurus vs #2 Denver Mile Under Club

Rarely do we get the top two seeds from a conference actually meet up in the conference title game, but rarely do we ever have two eleven win teams either. Both teams should be missing a key player or two, but ultimately the team that wins the casualty battle will win this game. And while both teams are good at hitting standing targets, only one is good at hitting them again when they're on the ground.

Prediction: Houston 1 - 2 Denver

*sigh*

NBFL Super Bowl XI: Philhala Anri vs Denver Mile Under Club

My new favorite bandwagon vs my least favorite rival! So we've got a mass Av7 team taking on a squad who specializes is causing damage...uh...crap. I don't know if Philly will even have half their current roster left by the time this game rolls around. And while they do have damn efficient linos for their cost, their armor may break when a mummy merely looks at them. But when you have a chance to win a Super Bowl, you have to raise your game to the next level, or do things you weren't previously capable of doing, or something that they will later make a movie about; go big or go home, right?

Prediction: Philhala 0 - 2 Denver

#&@$!

Super Bowl Champion: Denver Mile Under club

I guess I won't be taking the bandwagon home from the Super Bowl, and I sure as hell won't get a ride with any of the Denver fans.

*puts his thumb up at the side of the road*

Someone prove me wrong, please.

Don't drop the soap.
robocoyote

Post   Posted: Nov 20, 2013 - 21:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Cursed!!!!! You bastard
 Jump to: