24 coaches online • Server time: 03:21
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post SWL Season CIgoto Post RNG speculationsgoto Post Roster Stats - Snotl...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Overhamsteren

Post   Posted: Nov 14, 2014 - 13:43 Reply with quote Back to top

If you stop calling your players 'pieces' they might start playing better. Wink

Thanks to the BBRC for all the great work you did.
Wizfall

Post   Posted: Nov 15, 2014 - 11:02 Reply with quote Back to top

I found the Ogre great.
Big issue though is like he is intended to be a roadblock (taking hit/durability), he is almost a complete waste against claw teams and can't work as intended.
Big Guys should be immune to claw IMHO.
Calcium

Post   Posted: Nov 15, 2014 - 12:10 Reply with quote Back to top

One guy (who hasn't commented on this thread) who is the undisputed king of Ogres - Painstate has taken Ogre building to another level, in fact you can argue that the Blood Sea Buccaneers are built around creating legend Ogres.

I would humbly suggest that if you want to build an effective Ogre then you could do a lot worse than follow Painstate's method.

I have recently acquired an Ogre for my long lived human team Booty Pirate and I fully intend to employ the 'Painstate plan' to try and build an Ogre that stands tall among the big guys of FUMBBL.

Post   Posted: Nov 15, 2014 - 12:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Wizfall wrote:

Big Guys should be immune to claw IMHO.

Now this is a GREAT idea! It fits the fluff, and it would give them a real buff.

Post   Posted: Nov 15, 2014 - 14:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Oh well, I got 190K after the goblin match (won 2-0)
I suppose I should level up my 2nd thrower (Guard/Block) with Leader for a cheap RR.

But then came the surprise - MB Blitzer rolled AG+
Would you take it?

Current situation
Players Available : 10
4x Blitzers:
- Guard/Dodge/Grab
- Guard
- MB/AG+
- Rookie

2x Throwers:
- Block/Accurate/Strong Arm/Safe Throw/Nerve of Steel/Smashed Ankle(-MA)
- Block/Guard - Leveled up Rolled Normal

4x Linemen:
- Block
- AG+/Block
- Rookie
- ST+/Block

Last edited by forsev on %b %15, %2014 - %15:%Nov; edited 4 times in total
uzkulak

Post   Posted: Nov 15, 2014 - 15:01 Reply with quote Back to top

really, you shouldnt be running with 10 players with such a large kitty. Humans need 12-13 players ideally.

I would buy the ogre and save for a catcher and 1 more lineman.

You have the right idea on skills.

edit: you will want to sack the -ma thower asap. Maybe buy a thrower and a catcher and save for the ogre.
JackassRampant

Post   Posted: Nov 15, 2014 - 15:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Ogres are very optional. Humans in Ranked (or other TV-driven perpetual formats) can win with just Linemen, but Blitzers and Throwers are a necessity in League. Catchers and Ogres add a dimension and a liability; both are playable, neither is necessary.

12-13 mens is optimal IMO, 11 is too few. Need Tackle on that AG4 Blitzer, pronto. Humans need to be economical with skills: one Grab on one guy is not TOO wasteful, now that you've already done it, but I'd recommend saving that stuff for after you've spammed Mighty Blow and Tackle and got all the PO and Guard you need.

With 190k I'd hire 2 Linemen, or maybe hire 3 and sack the -MA Thrower. Carry and blitz with the rookie and +AG/MB Blitzers as much as possible, try to get two hitters built.

Post   Posted: Nov 16, 2014 - 18:20 Reply with quote Back to top

I think if you take the Ogre you have to remember to try to get 2d hits with other players when it comes to crucial blocks or blitzes. Say when you need to break through. Bonehead on a blitz can really cost you. But there is so much temptation to use the s5, mblow, and you will always want cas points.
Overhamsteren

Post   Posted: Nov 17, 2014 - 00:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Eh in case you haven't picked +AG yet, YES!! Pick it! Pretty much the more AG4 you have on a human team the more you will win.

Thanks to the BBRC for all the great work you did.
forsev

Post   Posted: Nov 17, 2014 - 02:53 Reply with quote Back to top

garyt1 wrote:
I think if you take the Ogre you have to remember to try to get 2d hits with other players when it comes to crucial blocks or blitzes. Say when you need to break through. Bonehead on a blitz can really cost you. But there is so much temptation to use the s5, mblow, and you will always want cas points.

Yes, my biggest issue is facing the upcoming Nurgle Team with a ST Deficit and lack of fodder to take CAS. I think I might have to skip the ogre and grab rookie linos for LOS spammage.

Exact Roster:
BoN x01 - Block
Nurgle Warrior x04 - Block on 1
Pestigor x02 - MA+ on one.
Rotter x05 - All Rookies

They have Block on 1 Nurgle Warrior and the Beast itself so the LOS is likely to get pounded to dust.
There's also a MA7 Pestigor to put that Horn blitz to good use.

I took the AG+ on the Blitzer. The TV increase is starting to look a tad high.

I'm going to think on the Guard/Block Thrower a bit more... I was thinking Leader for the 4th reroll or Kick to stretch those Nurgle more to the back.
Dunenzed

Post   Posted: Nov 17, 2014 - 04:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Extra lino's are the right option I reckon. The Nurgle look like a pretty soft opponent to be honest - sure they've got some strength on you, but you've got guard to counter that an your mighty blow is far more mobile than his. Put a few rotters in the trash and you may find yourself with a numbers advantage to go with your speed and mobility advantage.

Kick is a great skill to have for this game.

Join the Human League Premiership!
forsev

Post   Posted: Nov 17, 2014 - 05:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah my ultimate aim in the league is to drag down those elves and kill them with boots to the head.

High Elves and Wood Elves dominate the top table now, with the odd Saurus being top due to their bashy nature and speedy skinks doing the scoring.

If I can destroy these two elves in a game of attrition, I think I can retire this team satisfied after 2 season of heartbreaks.
forsev

Post   Posted: Nov 20, 2014 - 10:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Dunenzed wrote:
Kick is a great skill to have for this game.

Was a funny moment for me before the match when I hired just a lino and had to pick a skill before kick off for the thrower.

I decided I can beat this Nurgle and focus on the 3 flavor of elves I'm facing after this match.

So Tackle for the Guard Block Thrower it is.
Secured 1-0 Victory with one rookie lino(yes the newest kid) getting a fractured skull.

ST4 Block Lino now gets Tackle for the upcoming match with High Elf 1600 TV, 13 players.
I'm hyped as hell. Deep inside I want to outpass them, outpunch 'em, and out-guard them. Squeeeeee.

Team 180k Treasury.
Roster 10 players.
Probably hire 2 Linos or so.
 Jump to: