63 coaches online • Server time: 16:58
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Blood Bowl 2024 Edit...goto Post RNG speculationsgoto Post Inscription JBL Sais...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
albator2001

Post 18 Posted: May 07, 2005 - 03:40 Reply with quote Back to top

peikko wrote:
Slanter and Firesky have been kicked out from the tournament for making arranged game and thus breaking the rules of Fumbbl, spirit of the competive tournament and sportsmanship generally.

At least I will beat 2 guys with my 0 points !
Karhumies

Post   Posted: May 07, 2005 - 19:28 Reply with quote Back to top

albator2001 wrote:

You'd better hope you won't get paired versus HelMann, though. he's been absent for the past 10 days and it certainly looks like he'll be having 0 points also after the first round.
Firesky

Post   Posted: May 09, 2005 - 07:20 Reply with quote Back to top

peikko wrote:
Slanter and Firesky have been kicked out from the tournament for making arranged game and thus breaking the rules of Fumbbl, spirit of the competive tournament and sportsmanship generally.

hmmmm,

i don´t like the word arranged in this context.

On the tournament page you can find this:

"This will be more than tournament, this will be about survival
and wits and will include tasks beyond normal playing!"

I think we have only adapted our play style to this sort of tournament.
We don´t have arranged the game and we don´t have arranged the cas and we don´t have arranged the touchdowns.

I hope i could continue in this funny tourney and if it´s only for the reason my next opponent could score with his lord.

Cheers
Firesky
slanter

Post   Posted: May 09, 2005 - 12:21 Reply with quote Back to top

peikko wrote:

Hmm, I might have missunderstod the goal in the first round. But wasn't the idéa to maximize your OWN Lords SPP?
In a normal game there is a good inicitive to stop your opponent from making a td,
but why should I do something which gives MY lord less spp by swarming his Lord and delaying the next kickoff?

As for the game being "Arranged" I did in fact tell FireSky that
"I think you'll get most points if you blitz and make TDs with the Lord!"

In my naive world the equivallent in a "normal" tourny is
"I think you'll get most points if you do more TDs than me!"

I hold both of these statements to be true... but only one of them triggers
a real CONFLICT of interests on the pitch.

Being told that this was a "strange" tournament I assumed that games would be played like ours.
Considering that all other matches (from the look of it) were played like normal "I make more goals than you" matches
and NOT as "my Lord get's spp" games I fully understand that you need to kick us.

Now I'd like to apologize to peikko and all those in the tourney, especially FireSky,
for what happened. I'd like to take full responsibility as it was my proposal (see above) and
hope that you somehow can put FireSky back in the tourney.

No hard feelings I hope Embarassed
Slanter

PS. Maybe giving points proportional to the DIFFERENCE in spp collected would have created another situation DS.
peikko

Post   Posted: May 09, 2005 - 13:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Fumbbl rules:
Code:
Arranged games (ie. playing to lose) will not be tolerated. The same applies for coaches allowing each other to score extra touchdowns and all other SPP generating events.

As theres two teams that does not even move their players while other walks his lord to do TD there really aint much doubt about if its not "allowing other to score extra touchdowns".
There should always be two teams in the field, not one team coached by two coaches.
Firesky

Post   Posted: May 09, 2005 - 13:15 Reply with quote Back to top

@Slanter: thanks for your apology. I think we both have had much fun in that game and only tried to perform well for the first task of the tourney.

@peikko: i accept to be banned from the tourney. Sorry for "cheating". But make the rules clearer.
peikko

Post   Posted: May 09, 2005 - 13:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Firesky wrote:
@peikko: i accept to be banned from the tourney. Sorry for "cheating". But make the rules clearer.

No hard feelings as I genuely believe that your intention was not to cheat. What everybody should be aware is what Fumbbl rules mean and that they do apply to all divisions including unranked.
I will try to include clarifications to next WBSS rules in future so there wont be misunderstandings. Hope to see you both in next one.
Karhumies

Post   Posted: May 10, 2005 - 21:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Karhumies wrote:
albator2001 wrote:

You'd better hope you won't get paired versus HelMann, though. he's been absent for the past 10 days and it certainly looks like he'll be having 0 points also after the first round.

From Overview:
Wanna Be a Stunty Star 2 - Round 1 Brain Ablation HelMann (13d)

Damn. I should learn to keep my mouth shut. Razz

SubSonic

Post   Posted: Jun 02, 2005 - 22:00 Reply with quote Back to top

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=779336
A game that didnt excatly go to like my opponent planned... 4 deaths, 2 SI, 1 BH... conceded and retired
 Jump to: