17 coaches online • Server time: 02:28
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Making Assassins mor...goto Post New Team Page Betagoto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
should a kickoff that lands in the endzone result in a touchback
Hell, yes! That makes perfect sense! You deserve a medal!
8%
 8%  [ 3 ]
Hell, no! Read the rulebook, jerk!
72%
 72%  [ 26 ]
Politics are stupid! Everyone shut up! I'll kill you all!
19%
 19%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 36

Rebholz

Post   Posted: Aug 26, 2005 - 22:08 Reply with quote Back to top

I've always wondered why it is that a ball that lands in the end zone on a kickoff dosent result in a touchback, as it does in real life NFL football. I know the LRB says that it isnt a TB unless it goes out of bounds, but what does everyone think about a possible rules change?
HollowOne

Post   Posted: Aug 26, 2005 - 22:16 Reply with quote Back to top

NFL rules don't really have anything to do with Blood Bowl.

Post   Posted: Aug 26, 2005 - 22:37 Reply with quote Back to top

nope indeed it does not Hollowone but im pretty sure they got the basics ideas from Bloodbowl Very Happy
danny3115

Post   Posted: Aug 26, 2005 - 22:41 Reply with quote Back to top

First of all, in the NFL if the ball goes into the end zone, the player that gets the ball has the opportunity to take the ball and run with it if he chooses and if chooses not to, the ball is put on the 20 yard line not the 50 yard line where it would probably end up if you get to choose who gets the ball. Second, this is not the NFL. I think that if there is any kind of need for kickoffs, especially to conter the kick skill, would be the opportunity to have a return specialty skill. Maybe call it Kick Returner, where one player on the recieving team can move up to three spaces to either attempt to catch the kick-off or at least get closer to the ball.
Dunkpork

Post   Posted: Aug 26, 2005 - 22:44 Reply with quote Back to top

No, I think that would be a bad change.

From the middle of the field is six squares forward or backward. Removing the endzone as valid kicking squares results in more touchbacks without any good reason other than "that's how it is in the NFL". Touchbacks are valuable, as they save rerolls, movement squares, and allow better positioning for scoring drives.

All this might seem great, for offense, but I don't see why one would want to change it. The game loses some natural symmetry and goes through balance changes by doing so, for no apparent benefit.
kurre

Post   Posted: Aug 26, 2005 - 22:44 Reply with quote Back to top

So you want more options of failure (one more row of squares that result in a touchback) on kickoff for all guys who prefer the dirty player or mighty blow skill over kick?

The game is called Bloodbowl, not Touchbackbowl or Kickingskillbowl ...

Btw, what do you guys think about stalling and fouling? And what about BG access to G?
 Jump to: