22 coaches online • Server time: 02:10
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Making Assassins mor...goto Post New Team Page Betagoto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Verasity

Post   Posted: Sep 20, 2005 - 16:35 Reply with quote Back to top

I am new here to FUMBBL and I am confused about a few things. I can not express how happy I was to find this sight as I was sifting through the internet sands. I loved this game when I played it as a boardgame and even dug mine out of the attic to look at some old rules. Now I am trying to understand the new rules that are used here and to understand the javabowl setup. More importantly what version of javabowl is being used here on FUMBBL? If everyone is using 8.4 then why when I watch a replay does the game not require the teams to place 7 men on the line? Three in the center and two on top ond on bottom? I reread the user guide concerning the javabowl part and noticed that the picture to help does not match the 8.4 version. This is all a bit confusing to me at the moment. I know I will take a few on the chin early in my career but I would like to know the rules before I play. I assume FUMBBL uses the LRB verion 4.0 ?
Has anyone here ever heard of the program Hamachi? The program simulates a LAN and might be helpful for some direct connect games especially for people who use a router. I have tested Javabowl with it and it works quite well.

Anyway thank you for any response and I will be looking for a few games with some patient people. Verasity
MrMojo

Post   Posted: Sep 20, 2005 - 16:40 Reply with quote Back to top

7 players on the LOS? No, the rules require you to place only 3 players on the Line of Scrimmage. Not seven.

Post   Posted: Sep 20, 2005 - 16:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Two men LIMIT in the wide zones. Been that way since BloodBowl 3, but it is an understandable confusion

Post   Posted: Sep 20, 2005 - 17:00 Reply with quote Back to top

When I start up Javabowl I must place 3 peeps in the center section on the center line and I must place 2 peeps on the center line in the top third of the field and 2 peeps on the bottom third of the field on the center line. What I see when I watch a replay is mostly every player in the center box and maybe one peep in the top and bottom squares. Maybe i am not explaining myself very well. Arghh Verasity
JanMattys

Post   Posted: Sep 20, 2005 - 17:04 Reply with quote Back to top

When you start a match you must place 3 players in the center section of the line of scrimmage, yes.

Plus, it's up to you to put up to two men in the upper and lower corridor of the field. But this is a choice, no need to do it. You can deploy three guys in the LoS, then all the other 8 players in the rear field, all in the middle. It's legal.

Post   Posted: Sep 20, 2005 - 17:06 Reply with quote Back to top

rule is: minimum three (3) players on the line of scrimmage (center 7 squares next to the midline) and you may place up to two (2) players somewhere into each wide zone (the 4x12 squares next to the 7x12 center). So you need at least 3 in the middle and may have 2+2 into the wide zones.

<edit>damn too late Smile</edit>

Post   Posted: Sep 20, 2005 - 17:27 Reply with quote Back to top

right

Important that the max 2 players in the wide zones do not have to be positioned at the center. Your opponent will be happy about the free blocks, but will not give them to you when he kicks. Wink

Enjoy fumbbl!
The_Mighty_Ren

Post   Posted: Sep 20, 2005 - 17:34 Reply with quote Back to top

-yes, Fumbbl uses LRB 4.0

-The java version is 1.4.2

-the Javabowl Bloodbowl client version is 8.4

-As has been stated above, you must 3 men in the middle of the centre (on any of the 7 squares in the central zone) and can put UP TO (i.e. you don't have to) a maximum of 2 men in each widezone (however these men DO NOT have to be on the Line of Scrimmage, they can be deeper).

Post   Posted: Sep 21, 2005 - 04:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Thank you all for the helpful insight. Verasity
CorporateSlave3

Post   Posted: Sep 21, 2005 - 05:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Also, after you study up on the LRB 4.0 and relevant rules and skill changes for Fumbbl, don't forget to read the 'Differences From Game' .txt file that comes with JavaBowl - there are some potentially CRITICAL items listed in there!

Welcome to Fumbbl!

*p.s. as it's been mentioned once before in a forum thread: in the LRB 4.0 pay particular attention to the 'conceeding a match' rules! Many a rookie's team has been destroyed by injudicious use of concessions...

Post   Posted: Sep 21, 2005 - 08:49 Reply with quote Back to top

CorporateSlave3 wrote:
*p.s. as it's been mentioned once before in a forum thread: in the LRB 4.0 pay particular attention to the 'conceeding a match' rules! Many a rookie's team has been destroyed by injudicious use of concessions...

And boy, did we hear about it? We sure did!

Post   Posted: Sep 21, 2005 - 09:10 Reply with quote Back to top

we heard, and we laughed Very Happy (because other people misfortune is always worth laughing at ...... almost as much as your own)

Jump to: