16 coaches online • Server time: 03:48
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Finishing the 60 Gam...goto Post Borg Invasiongoto Post GIF Guide
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Carl_Stoneyard

Post 13 Posted: Mar 29, 2004 - 03:20 Reply with quote Back to top

They arrive one by one. When you look quickly, they look normal. In a chatroom, they may even sound friendly. But you can't go by appearances. These people infiltrate every gaming site on the net. When they reach a critical mass, they start yelling and screaming. They spread their heretic belief.

Now, some have joined fumbbl. More are coming. Who am i talking about? The nazis? The communists? The swedes? No, its still worse.

I am talking about the people who believe that the game dice are "biased", "balanced" and/or "unrandom" in some way. Something has to be done about them.

When I am in a game and my opponent start blaming his bad GFI's on some "balancing function" in javabowl, I don't know what to do. I don't wanna argue about it, and I don't wanna be rude. I simply say "of course" and cries to myself about this bad excuse for a human being I am playing aganist. Maybe I foul him one or two times extra.

This has to end. Whenever we hear talk about "unrandom" dice in chats, forums or games we have to tell this people that their religion simply isn't accepted at the site.

Carl
TheAnomaly

Post   Posted: Mar 29, 2004 - 03:41 Reply with quote Back to top

the luck factor can be excessive sometimes, though.... I'd imagine most people complaining about that kind of thing aren't used to playing bloodbowl period, and have never had an incredibly good/bad day on the board game.
Twahn

Post   Posted: Mar 29, 2004 - 04:00 Reply with quote Back to top

LOL! Couldn't agree more, Stoneyard. The menace must be stopped now before it's too late for us all! Wink

Nothing wrong with saying that the dice love others far more than they love you (the dice are fickle, we all know that), but to whinge about how they're not dice at all and fail to generate an even spread of variables or what have ye is tiresome in the extreme.

I say foul the bastards, and keep fouling 'til they repent!

DonTwahn's Dungeon = Cheap Miniatures! Check it out...
Covertfun

Post   Posted: Mar 29, 2004 - 04:12 Reply with quote Back to top

A: "All I roll is ones and skulls!"

B: "Ah well... better play something else Sad"

A: "But you're rolling really well!"

B: "I'm not gonna tell you the secret, and if i did you wouldn't believe me"

A: "You're a f***ing cheat!"

B: "Ah well... better play something else Smile"
Matt_wyeth

Post 18 Posted: Mar 29, 2004 - 04:13 Reply with quote Back to top

THE DICE AREN'T RANDOM!!! THE DICE AREN'T RANDOM!!! THE DICE AREN'T RANDOM!!! DON'T LET EM FOOL YOU THE DICE AREN'T RANDOM!!!

Last edited by Matt_wyeth on %b %29, %2004 - %04:%Mar; edited 1 time in total
CorporateSlave3

Post   Posted: Mar 29, 2004 - 04:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Shocked

Say what you want, but most of these dice are anything but random...I've been watching and the never roll anything except 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, or 6!

And block dice! Don't get me started! They don't even roll numbers!

Sure, sometimes scatter dice will roll a 7 or maybe an 8, but never higher than that! I've never seen such vicious and determined bias against the numbers 9 and 10 in my life!

Wink
Michael_Warblade

Post   Posted: Mar 29, 2004 - 04:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Of course the dice are random its just that occasionally your going to have a bad game where you fail everthing and occasionally (generally to your opponents horror) you have a great game where nothing goes wrong
Matt_wyeth

Post   Posted: Mar 29, 2004 - 04:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Michael look at what you are saying occasionally you are going to have a bad game, occasionally you have a great game, what kinda not randomness is that? huh? what kind of randomness is that.
sportsguy

Post   Posted: Mar 29, 2004 - 05:20 Reply with quote Back to top

I like WAFFLES. (How's that for random?)
AcheronStyx

Post   Posted: Mar 29, 2004 - 05:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

I like WAFFLES.

I like waffles too....anyone from Belgium that can cook me up a good one and overnight it? Very Happy

Quote:
Homer: MMM Waffle.....
neverborn

Post   Posted: Mar 29, 2004 - 05:37 Reply with quote Back to top

lets not get off topic in this off topic post

there are cs newbies infiltraiting the game, they must he fouled into oblivion

if you want to see what covertfun does to whinging fools, watch the replay of this game, see if you can pick when in the second half his opponet is done whinging about his luck and wants to conede... then note how covert pushes one of his players into the crowd

oops, i said too much

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&op=view&id=293523
Twahn

Post   Posted: Mar 29, 2004 - 05:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey , I like Waffles too! Including Homer, that's 4 from 4 now... there's something going on here? Doesn't look like a fair distribtution of Waffle Likers at all...

God damn it! Not even real life can give us a decent spread. Now what are we gonna do?! Wink

DonTwahn's Dungeon = Cheap Miniatures! Check it out...
ClayInfinity

Post   Posted: Mar 29, 2004 - 06:01 Reply with quote Back to top

I prefer pancakes myself...

Shows how random some of us can be
BunnyPuncher

Post   Posted: Mar 29, 2004 - 06:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Luck and bad luck are funny.. they come in bunches... like grapes or hari krishnas

Post   Posted: Mar 29, 2004 - 09:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Matt_wyeth What i was trying to get across in my post (and failed miserably at doing) was pointing out that

1. there is no such thing as the client balancing out your match (luck does that itself)

2. Everyone has a unlucky match occasionally however with good coaching you can usually minimise the damage (ie make it so they dont win by as much)

3. however on the other hand every now and then people are going to have a really lucky match in which they can do nothing wrong and this should not be interpreted as the dice being biased towards your opponent.

So in conclusion the java bloodbowl dice are random and if you belive they are not you might want to find another game (ie chess no dice to roll so they cant be against you)
 Jump to: