14 coaches online • Server time: 05:37
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Borg Invasiongoto Post Finishing the 60 Gam...goto Post GIF Guide
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
PainState

Post   Posted: May 30, 2013 - 16:38 Reply with quote Back to top

** Milford from the FCC **

Well stunty fans Iam back!!! I got stunty fever now and I just could not pass up on the FCC.

So start talking some stunty FCC action around here.

Qualfiers are going to be a long drawn out affair it seems in the FCC. A possible 7 match round robin affair. So get set for some serious ups and downs and front runners get blown up and decimated. The underdogs scrapping away trying to stay in the hunt.

It should be a lot of fun.

The big question on my mind. Did the EC give us any insight on how the FCC will play out? Or is the format for the FCC so loaded for the high TV that they just stomp all over the, hmm, less skilled opponeets?

Get your teams primed and ready and get applied to the FCC.

On a side note:

How can it be called a classic if this is the first annual event? To be called a classic is there not some minnimum # of years it must be held before it gets labeled a classic?

Post   Posted: May 30, 2013 - 16:57 Reply with quote Back to top

PainState wrote:
How can it be called a classic if this is the first annual event? To be called a classic is there not some minnimum # of years it must be held before it gets labeled a classic?

It's been going on in the Moot for some time now, but finally under the consolidation of the Leeg it is an official tournament for all to attend. Just look at that prize pack they've cooked up for the winner and tell me it isn't an instant classic.

This will be a great way to see how teams perform at high TV. Don't expect the Forest Goblins to be so prominent as they were at the XCup. This is a whole different pot of stew.

Post   Posted: May 30, 2013 - 17:06 Reply with quote Back to top

I believe low TV teams going for inducement-sack will be wiped out like dust in the wind. Medium TV teams (around 1400-1500) could be a great threat and run for victory due to good amount of skills and chance to access inducements. Though if i'd have money to bet i'd place it on one of the high TV teams. There are some monster Nurgling and Gnome teams around that sure can't fear bribes, wizards or Star Players.
PainState

Post   Posted: May 30, 2013 - 17:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Tick tick tick...Bang, bang, bang.

Lord Von Braun slowly wakes up..."what is that infernal noise?" The lord slides the lid off his cyrpt and slowly emerges.."Damn Niggle, slowing me down." The Lord arches his back and stretches out his niggled knee joint. Throws his bath robe around his naked body, slips on his pink feet warmers and walks out into the courtyard of castle Drachenfels.

Bang, Bang, Bang.

"Will you stop that banging!! Iam on my way."

the Lord approaches the main gate and with one arm swings the 800 LB cross bar and opens the gate.

He shields his eyes as the morning sunlight is cresting the moutains to the east. A beautiful day in the mountains. The birds are singing the butterflies frolicking all over the place. The mountain flowers are in full bloom being assaulted by honey bees. And all the Lord sees is the back side of a halfing running at a full sprint down the main path running for his life. Screaming and yelling that he does not get paid enough for this BS job.

"That is one very strang fling" he muses to himself.

"Shall I fetch him lord?"

Von Braun looks up and the gate gargolye is eyeing the fleeing fling like a plump chicken.

"Let him go. I think he might just die of heart failure by the time he reaches the first bend in the road."

off in the distance...YAAAARRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OH MYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!! **Ker plunk

"Nope I was mistaken. He misjudged the slope of the road and just flew off of the widows peak, 800 ft drop. Must be a mess down there. Can you please clean up the castle grounds for me."

The gargolye lets out his wings and the stone sentinel flies down the road and over the edge of widows peak for his morning meal.

The Lord turns to close the gate and sees a parchement tacked onto the front gate. His eyes get wide with excitement and he rips the parchement off the gate.

"Wake up you louts. Time to get our gear and back in the game. FCC is kicking off in the moot next week." The Lord strides into the courtyard confident and excited.

The door to the castle opens up and the ancient butler emerges. "My Lord what is this disturbance?"

"Tell everyone in the castle to get ready for a road trip. We are headed to the moot for the FCC major."

The butler turns and goes inside. He has a very large smile as he loves road trips for stunty action.

The crypts on the side of the barn open up and the crypt ghouls emerge, surrounding their master.

"Ok lads, lets get ready to rumble and this time no 3rd place in qualifier for us. We are going to win this damn thing."

Castle Drachenfels comes alive with excitment. The Blood Bowl gear is passed around and practice strats up in ernest once again.

Drachenfels Coachmen are once again on the prowl and looking to blow up the FCC.

Last edited by PainState on %b %30, %2013 - %17:%May; edited 1 time in total
the_Sage

Post   Posted: May 30, 2013 - 17:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Crook666 wrote:
I believe low TV teams going for inducement-sack will be wiped out like dust in the wind. Medium TV teams (around 1400-1500) could be a great threat and run for victory due to good amount of skills and chance to access inducements. Though if i'd have money to bet i'd place it on one of the high TV teams. There are some monster Nurgling and Gnome teams around that sure can't fear bribes, wizards or Star Players.

Not expecting much of a particular Strig team, then?
Crook666

Post   Posted: May 30, 2013 - 17:53 Reply with quote Back to top

the_Sage wrote:
Crook666 wrote:

Not expecting much of a particular Strig team, then?

I expect they'll go as far as possible, but running for victory will be hard if certain Nurg and Gnome teams are gonna be in.
PainState

Post   Posted: May 30, 2013 - 18:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Well I know of some squig herder teams out there that chew up and spit out gnomes. I will not mention what they do to nurg teams due to forum rules.

Post   Posted: May 30, 2013 - 18:32 Reply with quote Back to top

A lot of bravado out there from the High TV stunties. But we all know deep down that the race to beat are the low down sneaky ball stealing, high stepping, high scoring and drive you insane Albion Fae.

Post   Posted: May 30, 2013 - 18:36 Reply with quote Back to top

obviously we are forgetting the best scorers, Eshins and Skinks. If a high TV Eshin or Skink team is joining I foresee a victory for them. I am still surprise Motskari decided to enter with his 'Flings and not is ratties.
Sigmar1

Post   Posted: May 30, 2013 - 18:44 Reply with quote Back to top

After much consideration, this coach has elected to enter the fray bearing the Gnoblar torch. I've chosen the Gnob Rampage for a couple of reasons:

1. They're solid defensively.
2. They have a couple of tools for dealing with stunty killers, and can really make use of 200K or so inducements to make life tough.
3. They don't have a huge bankroll, but still enough to buy a lot of replacement Gnoblars.
4. If things go to hell in a handbasket and they get obliterated it wouldn't cause me any heartburn Very Happy (Those dauntless dauntless Bullies have to die sometime!)

Post   Posted: May 30, 2013 - 18:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Sigmar1 wrote:
After much consideration, this coach has elected to enter the fray bearing the Gnoblar torch. I've chosen the Gnob Rampage for a couple of reasons:

1. They're solid defensively.
2. They have a couple of tools for dealing with stunty killers, and can really make use of 200K or so inducements to make life tough.
3. They don't have a huge bankroll, but still enough to buy a lot of replacement Gnoblars.
4. If things go to hell in a handbasket and they get obliterated it wouldn't cause me any heartburn Very Happy (Those dauntless dauntless Bullies have to die sometime!)

That's a good team, man. The gorger with tackle is nasty.

Painstate: are you really joinin' with that 910k TV Strig team?
PainState

Post   Posted: May 30, 2013 - 19:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Crook666 wrote:
Painstate: are you really joinin' with that 910k TV Strig team?

Well of course Iam...why that glorious back story write up if I was not?

Of course my team currently has 4 MNG players so their TV is actually in the 1200+ range. Plus I got time for some prep work.

We will be hard charging blodged/tackled up fools come FCC kick off time.

Post   Posted: May 30, 2013 - 19:26 Reply with quote Back to top

I can't decide so I'm going to try to play 3-5 more games with both teams and then see which one is in better shape to play!

JR: Yeah I'm leaning towards Pygmies because I want to see at least 2 Pygmies in this tournament, doubling their representation in the previous!
WhatBall

Post   Posted: May 30, 2013 - 19:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Crook666 wrote:
That's a good team, man. The gorger with tackle is nasty.

He's ok. We'll see some really nasty players come tourney time. I think my two are in decent shape to make a go of this thing.

Last edited by WhatBall on %b %30, %2013 - %20:%May; edited 2 times in total
member1234

Post   Posted: May 30, 2013 - 19:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Wow and those aren't even grandfathered! My prediction from below.

member1234 wrote:

And the Big boys will come out to play! Lets see some high TV grandfathered monstrosities returning (7 skill BGs with general access! Mayhem!). I expect we'll see a lot of the nastiest players, and teams, in Stunty getting smushed through this one. Could be a game of attrition/luck of the draw, until the later rounds at least.

Gnomes, Nurglings, Strigs and Squigs will have strong showings I expect. And Cheaters/Cflings through sheer numbers. (plus they can do pretty well with inducements against the Big teams). I'd love a dark horse bet on some developed Horrors, but they are few and far between. May be a call for a stunty wide piling on Nerf afterwards (and I'd join in that! Wink)
 Jump to: