51 coaches online • Server time: 00:24
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Blood Bowl 2024 Edit...goto Post Convince a friend to...goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
noobie2k7

Post   Posted: Mar 20, 2014 - 08:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Looked through a bunch of pages all over FUMBBL forums and couldn't find a good guide to playing Underworld. I'm looking to start up an underworld team as they intruige me. But i'm not sure why i should play Underworld over just playing Skaven, but Mutating Goblins just seem like too much fun.

So if anyone here can either give some good advice like a decent starting roster, tactical advice, how best to skill up positionals etc. Or point me to a decent comprehensive guide i might have missed then that would be awesome.

I'll likely create a team on the cyanide game to get used to them before i make one on here and play against other players first though. Nothing puts me off a team faster than playing super badly and losing hard over and over cause i don't know how to use a team properly.

So please help out a guy who wants to play some Underworld Very Happy
keggiemckill

Post   Posted: Mar 20, 2014 - 08:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Mr_Joshua is quite the Underworld player. As is Azure.

https://fumbbl.com/help:LRB6UnderworldSetUp
https://fumbbl.com/help:LRB6UnderworldStrategy

Jeffro
noobie2k7

Post   Posted: Mar 20, 2014 - 08:38 Reply with quote Back to top

They just seem like quite a fun unique team, but one that's kinda ghard to use. Due to a mix of animosity and well, having goblins and skaven on it. But i like the M access on everything, as i love my mutations.

And thanks for the links, i'll check them out Smile
Roland

Post   Posted: Mar 20, 2014 - 09:23 Reply with quote Back to top

perhaps this:
http://www.plasmoids.dk/bbowl/playbooks/Underworld.pdf
haven't read myself though...
noobie2k7

Post   Posted: Mar 20, 2014 - 09:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks, will give it a read. Also, that roster thingy, Variation 3 says 13 players but only 12 are in the roster. It drops 1 thrower for an extra reroll but still says 13 players on the title. Just noting that so someone might see it and change it.

Underworld seem like a pretty hard team to get off the ground with but once you do they become quite rewarding to play. Viewed a tv100 replay and am watching a tv 1300 replay now. Both Of Azures team. Although he's miles a better coach than i am so not sure how much help watching will really be XD

Post   Posted: Mar 20, 2014 - 09:39 Reply with quote Back to top

My advice is to not take the team too serious. Your goblin and rats will die, but your enjoyment doesn't have to Smile In my experience they are quite good at rookie level.

Post   Posted: Mar 20, 2014 - 09:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Oh if i was worried them dying i wouldn't pick the team Wink I'd just continue to play orcs. I'm just looking to pick up a more entertaining and rewarding team to play.

That and my local TT group is thinking of starting up a semi-stunty league. Where we can only play teams so long as we have atleast 4 stunty players on the pitch at KO. So like Orcs, Lizards, Underworld, Gobbos, flings, ogres and i think we're retconning a couple other teams to include stunty players like giving humans 0-4 flings. I can easily whack together an underworld team using some borrowed gobbo, skaven and a troll model.

Post   Posted: Mar 20, 2014 - 10:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Underworld are fun but they are not a really competitive roster. So the reason to play them over Skaven is never because they are better at anything. The reason is simply having fun with Mutations and Goblins and a Troll!
the_Sage

Post   Posted: Mar 20, 2014 - 10:14 Reply with quote Back to top

noobie2k7 wrote:
Thanks, will give it a read. Also, that roster thingy, Variation 3 says 13 players but only 12 are in the roster. It drops 1 thrower for an extra reroll but still says 13 players on the title. Just noting that so someone might see it and change it.

It's a wiki. You can change it.

As for the OP:
Troll gets claw and PO forone kind of nasties, and tentacles, guard and stand firm for the other kind.

You can make really mean stormvermin (claw, mb, po, tackle, horns, or really fun ones.

Throwers can get very reliable, if bloaty, with extra arms, two heads, accurate, but not before block and leader.

Building a linerat as sacker seems great (ideally with +AG leap ofc), though I never managed one.

Spamming 2 heads on the gobbos is good. Having 1 with big hand and extra arms means no ball is safe.

Oh and you haven't lived 'til you've had a goblin remove 9ST from the pitch in one turn. =D
noobie2k7

Post   Posted: Mar 20, 2014 - 11:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Not sure if i;d put PO on my Troll, specially not if i;m going Tents as seems like a serious waste. He does 0 good being on the ground. Unless i roll a double and get him Jump up Very Happy I'd love a CLPOMB JU Troll XD

Post   Posted: Mar 20, 2014 - 11:31 Reply with quote Back to top

I have an UW Troll that has Claw and Block and I'll give him Guard, Stand Firm and Tentacles before I even consider PO. But the fun thing about UW is, there are a lot of options and not really the one cookie cutter build.
noobie2k7

Post   Posted: Mar 20, 2014 - 11:44 Reply with quote Back to top

yeah, it seems like the kinda team you can get away with just about anything. Mainly cause every player on your team is pretty cheap anyway and is easily replaced.

Post   Posted: Mar 20, 2014 - 11:49
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

I've been wanting to update the Underworld guide for a while, but with players like Cloggy, Nestoroide and Ryld around it's hard to feel 'qualified' to do so Very Happy

For me though there are only 2 starting rosters I'd consider. Both have 13 players:
7 Underworld Goblins
2 Skaven Linemen
1 Skaven Thrower
2 Skaven Blitzers
1 Warpstone Troll
3 Rerolls
Apothecary
Total 1000k

9 Underworld Goblins
1 Skaven Thrower
2 Skaven Blitzers
1 Warpstone Troll
4 Rerolls
Total 1000k

The advantage of the first one is that having an apo lets you keep your key players in the game for longer. Your thrower and blitzers will be key and you can't afford to be without them. The linos also add a bit more strength. The advantage of the second one is an extra re-roll, letting you take a few more risks and do a bit more with the ball. 9 gobbos isn't too bad either. With dodge, early on I find them slightly more durable than the linos anyway (unless playing dwarfs). I wouldn't consider an option with less that 13 players personally.

Mr. J's LRB7 / Forum
noobie2k7

Post   Posted: Mar 20, 2014 - 11:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah i;m likely to go with your option number 1 i actually came up with on my own too by looking at the wiki for Underworld. Seems like the stronger roster, only 1 thrower but shouldn't take too long to be able to pick up a second one seeing as no apoth to get. Then it's just saving up and replacing cheap player and getting the 4th reroll.

Thinking i'll train 1 Blitzer as a typical CLPOMB killer and the other can fill a more standard blitzer role with Horns, Two Heads and maybe strip ball and Extra arms/Big Hand and using him as a blitzer/ball sacker.
Verminardo

Post   Posted: Mar 20, 2014 - 12:07 Reply with quote Back to top

I think 3 Rerolls should be enough, especially since they're 70k. With my team I took all positionals from the start and I felt it was really required as you need all the ST3 you can get...
 Jump to: