28 coaches online • Server time: 01:23
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Finishing the 60 Gam...goto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Borg Invasion
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
LLL

Post   Posted: Jul 05, 2005 - 22:35 Reply with quote Back to top

...And let's call the cops...

But I just wonder why always when I'm winning there's a crash and I have to reload and then the moves get "%&&%d up Wink. -> last time my goal turned into a niggle for my guy.

Also some guy challenged my 0/2/6 team, and LOST... so he got massive bugs while uploading the results.

He was kind of nice tho, so I hope he wasn't faking it...

But it's getting somewhat irritating that every time I actually WIN, there's something wrong somewhere.
peikko

Post   Posted: Jul 05, 2005 - 22:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Thats why we have rules that makes it impossible to gain advantage from disconnections or bugs. These rules just need to be read and followed.
mitzufuss

Post   Posted: Jul 05, 2005 - 22:40 Reply with quote Back to top

I've had a few issues with disconnects over the last few days, even when I am loseing, so hopefully yours are legit.

rumor has it that direct connection has alot less issues then proxy.... or other solution is to quit winning
SubSonic

Post   Posted: Jul 05, 2005 - 22:43 Reply with quote Back to top

From fumbbl-rules
Quote:
If you get disconnected in the middle of a turn, do your best to make it fair. If a play has already been made, try to replicate it as closely as possible. For example, if your opponent scored a touchdown the first time, it's only fair that the team scores after a reload. The same holds for other in-game events.

so you should reload again until the same(ish) events happen.

about bugs in uploading the result, you should contact the admins, either by http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=support or in #fumbbladmin in irc.
BadMrMojo

Post   Posted: Jul 05, 2005 - 22:46 Reply with quote Back to top

You mean a 2-1 win over Konstantin? One of you should have submitted a support ticket or popped into #fumbbladmin. Any security gorilla or admin could push that through as soon as they got verification from your opponent that it was a valid game.

You just need to ask so that we know to fix it. Simple enough, right?

As far as reloads getting munched, the best thing you can possibly do is use a direct connection rather than the proxy. It's no harder to do and your connection will be more stable, faster and generally All Better®™. If you don't know how to do so, check the page in the user guide. The proxy should only be used by those who really need it - ie: right now, I'm at work and behind the company's firewall. I do not have access to the router and I can't open the necessary ports to host a game. As such, I have to either:
a) ask my opponent to host directly or
b) play on the proxy.

At home, I own my router and I can forward whatever ports I want to whatever machine I want. I can allow access through the appropriate ports in my firewall. If you need to know how to do this, then you need to read up on the documentation that came with your router.

Post   Posted: Jul 05, 2005 - 22:54 Reply with quote Back to top

BadMrMojo wrote:
You mean a 2-1 win over Konstantin? One of you should have submitted a support ticket or popped into #fumbbladmin. Any security gorilla or admin could push that through as soon as they got verification from your opponent that it was a valid game.

You just need to ask so that we know to fix it. Simple enough, right?

As far as reloads getting munched, the best thing you can possibly do is use a direct connection rather than the proxy. It's no harder to do and your connection will be more stable, faster and generally All Better®™. If you don't know how to do so, check the page in the user guide. The proxy should only be used by those who really need it - ie: right now, I'm at work and behind the company's firewall. I do not have access to the router and I can't open the necessary ports to host a game. As such, I have to either:
a) ask my opponent to host directly or
b) play on the proxy.

At home, I own my router and I can forward whatever ports I want to whatever machine I want. I can allow access through the appropriate ports in my firewall. If you need to know how to do this, then you need to read up on the documentation that came with your router.

Mr. K. said he'd ask you to fix it. So he's cool I see Wink.
JanMattys

Post   Posted: Jul 05, 2005 - 23:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Just a note: I ALWAYS propose the direct connection. I have no router, so I can host for everybody. But many (I mean MANY) coaches do not want/do not know/do not feel comfortable with a direct connection.

Something must be done about this, imho.

Last edited by JanMattys on %b %05, %2005 - %23:%Jul; edited 1 time in total
Mully

Post   Posted: Jul 05, 2005 - 23:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Read rules ????

Where is the mystery in that??

Post   Posted: Jul 05, 2005 - 23:10 Reply with quote Back to top

I love direct - unfortuantely all I ever seem to get when I host is a message saying 'Server opening socket' and my opponent failing to connect to my game. I've tried putting in the IP address of the overview page, not putting in an IP and putting in my computers self-assigned IP in the host bar. I've then told the opposing coach the overview-IP and still all I get is the message saying 'Server opening socket' and my opponent telling me he can't connect. I've also tried telling my opponent my computer's self-assigned IP-address when I used it as host-name and still the same message. Can't really remember if I tried other combinations but could anyone tell me if they see a problem in what I have done so far?

Thanks in advance - and sorry for the thread hijack.
Greenfort

Post   Posted: Jul 05, 2005 - 23:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Not that good on computers so I´ll ask.

Is it safer to connect through fumbbl or IP????????

Post   Posted: Jul 05, 2005 - 23:17 Reply with quote Back to top

IP - if it works. Less bugs and the game won't crash if FUMBBL does.
Greenfort

Post   Posted: Jul 05, 2005 - 23:19 Reply with quote Back to top

thx, I´ll do that in the future then

Post   Posted: Jul 05, 2005 - 23:26 Reply with quote Back to top

I have the exact same problem as redfish. It would be really useful if I could sort this out, I get frustrated with reloads and bugs.

Again, sorry for the hijack.

Mezir

Post   Posted: Jul 05, 2005 - 23:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Direct connect will never work in a few cases:

1) You are on a network. It just refuses. Even when you're the computer that supplies all the other computers with their internet connection.
2) Your firewall is blocking the required ports, or is not allowing fully comfortable allowing Java server access to the web.

There are possibly a multitude of other reasons as well. (Such as "JavaBBowl hates you", for instance.)

Post   Posted: Jul 05, 2005 - 23:37 Reply with quote Back to top

That would be the netwok thing for me I guess. Thanks for the prompt answer though the result was less desirable than I hoped it to be.
 Jump to: