56 coaches online • Server time: 17:07
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Finishing the 60 Gam...goto Post TSC Draftgoto Post 4,000TV!
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
BigMac

Post   Posted: Dec 19, 2005 - 15:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi there ^^

I do NOT want to download my opponents pics (portraits).
Your custom portraits all suck and i want to see the one's i collected and put into my Java Blood Bowl Pics folder (in other word's the default ones).

Problem is: the "download opponent's pics" option seems to be sticky. I can't disable it in Java Blood Bowl. Smart me figured it must somhow be enforced with the rest of the flags that set options for FUMBBL in the HTML roster.

Request: can you turn that off please? I figure the guys who want to download and use their opponents customized portraits will wind their way to the options dialoge and turn it on themselves.

Seriously, some people use pictures that are either butt ugly or don't allow me to identify the thingy as what they are supposed to be anymore. I just want to use the default portraits that are specified in the portraits.ini files.
MrMojo

Post   Posted: Dec 19, 2005 - 15:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Tough luck, eh?

Post   Posted: Dec 19, 2005 - 15:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Pictures?

I recognize opponent's players from icons on the pitch Very Happy

Post   Posted: Dec 19, 2005 - 16:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Really? I use the part that says "Orc Blitzer"

P.S. I case you're confused, Orc Blitzer is just there for Orc Blitzers, other positions have their own names.

P.P.S. I've never had anyone comment negatively on my superb pics Wink (accept Furious_George has something against Sid...)

Post   Posted: Dec 19, 2005 - 16:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Most people just use the basic ones without changing them. Then againm, some of the others arent half bad, the ones available from here by the way are.
Then again, you get some jerks who just decide to put silly or stupid ones there just for giggles. I even remember playing a team where the player purposely switched the pictures of the players around in an effort to try to get thier opponants to make mistakes through confusion.
However, I see the desire of people to want to customize thier team's pictures.
An alternative would be to only allow players to choose thier new pics from the sets available on the site and then, only from those picture sets that match the players such as only ogres for ogres or only dwarves for dwarves ect ect. That way, if someone wanted new pictures, they could submit them to the site and if approved, they could be added to the appropriate list.
Likewise, you could always leave it as it is and either ignore the offensive pics or not.

Immitated in chat by another member "S**n"
Silver

Post   Posted: Dec 19, 2005 - 16:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Voorn wrote:

An alternative would be to only allow players to choose thier new pics from the sets available on the site and then, only from those picture sets that match the players such as only ogres for ogres or only dwarves for dwarves ect ect. That way, if someone wanted new pictures, they could submit them to the site and if approved, they could be added to the appropriate list.
Likewise, you could always leave it as it is and either ignore the offensive pics or not.

But thats against every thought of customizing. I, f.e., like to make the pics, so they resemble the characters I created. When I make a team of comic heroes I want to take the pics of the characters in question. So, if you can read, there is alway the line where it says what it is. And the icons on the pitch can't be customized, so where is the problem with that?
Macavity

Post   Posted: Dec 19, 2005 - 16:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Silver, the problem is that BigMac thinks your pictures suck.

Post   Posted: Dec 19, 2005 - 16:40 Reply with quote Back to top

The problem arrises when you have innapropriate pictures with the players. Remember, not everyone who plays this game on here is 18 or older and some pictures are rated for higher ages. Then again, there are some pictures that are just highly offensive to some people. For example, say you are a devout jewish person and the person you are playing is a neo-nazi who makes all of his players have the pictures of nazi war criminals. Some things are harder to ignore then others (not that they cant be ignored of course). Then again, Like I have mentioned, I have seen players purposely switch the pictures of thier players around in an effort to confuse thier opponants for an edge in the game.
With the submission of pictures to be added to player type lists to choose from, you still have endless possibilities for customization. You just would run less risk of offending other players (which should not be your goal in customization to begin with).

Immitated in chat by another member "S**n"
JanMattys

Post   Posted: Dec 19, 2005 - 17:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Voorn, all pictures submitted will be reviewed and approved.

If you encounter pictures offending your morale or your beliefs, just report it and I am sure they will be promptly deleted.

There are rules on this site.

btw: have you EVER played at something in your life? there are cheaters, or ppl exploiting flaws in the systems everywhere. At any age.
You can't make a system idiot-proof, and sure you can't make a system lamer-proof. Sometimes you just have to shake head and carry on, cause getting rid of all jerks would mean to have too many rules, which is *not* good.

Last edited by JanMattys on %b %19, %2005 - %17:%Dec; edited 1 time in total
Macavity

Post   Posted: Dec 19, 2005 - 17:07 Reply with quote Back to top

I fully agree with you on that, Voorn, which is why every uploaded image needs to be approved before it can be used. We should not have pictures that may bother others. Really though, BigMac did not mention anything about inappropriate or offensive. His statements, directly, were, "Your custom portraits all suck", and, "some people use pictures that are either butt ugly or don't allow me to identify the thingy as what they are supposed to be anymore".

On a side note, I once played a fellow who named a regular goblin Nobbla Blackwart, and put the Nobbla picture in. When he didn't try to fire up the chainsaw first turn, I realized that it wasn't the actual star and asked him how many people he'd fooled with it. He said he was on his 4th Nobbla, because they always were fouled to death! I actually found this hilarious (though I can see why others might not).

Post   Posted: Dec 19, 2005 - 17:07 Reply with quote Back to top

How should he know Mac, he never played me Razz
Macavity

Post   Posted: Dec 19, 2005 - 17:10 Reply with quote Back to top

oh, he knows...... he knows...... Razz

Post   Posted: Dec 19, 2005 - 17:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Shit, BigMac is watching me Rolling Eyes
Candlejack

Post   Posted: Dec 19, 2005 - 17:32 Reply with quote Back to top

/me puts a "don't feed the troll.." sign up.. and goes off shaking his head

Post   Posted: Dec 19, 2005 - 17:56 Reply with quote Back to top