43 coaches online • Server time: 00:01
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Making Assassins mor...goto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post NAF Charity Tourney ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Kyyberi

Post   Posted: Jun 15, 2006 - 15:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok, as the NFL starts tomorrow, this thread is for bragging, game reports, stories behind Bounty Hunts and Award nominees etc.

Group Page can be found in HERE.

Post   Posted: Jun 20, 2006 - 20:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, we played our first game and it was a draw for the flings! I managed to injure two of my own flings... lol... one with a tree throw into the crowd!

Anyway. I declare a bounty on Jin of the team Contract from Below.

Smash him!

Post   Posted: Jun 21, 2006 - 10:29 Reply with quote Back to top

PeteW, May I ask why you are giving Jin the Bounty Hunt? What did he do in that game? Smile

Post   Posted: Jun 21, 2006 - 12:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Kyyberi wrote:
PeteW, May I ask why you are giving Jin the Bounty Hunt? What did he do in that game? Smile

He scored the TD to tie the game, and BH the only fling hat could have reached him on his way there.

If I could put a bounty on my own fling who failed a gfi and KO'd himself in the endzone thus failing to score the winner I would!

Post   Posted: Jun 22, 2006 - 03:16 Reply with quote Back to top

The Valhalla Valkyries won 1-0 vs. Slipsidinaway. The game got off to a violent start when the fans rushed the field during the first kickoff and injured 5 Norsewomen and 3 Elves. Slipslidinaway lost Adios to a turn one foul (one of three players sent off for fouling, all Elf Linemen) but managed to thwart the Norse attack along the sideline by shoving a couple of players into the stands. Zoom from Slipslidinaway made it all the way to the goalline after the turnover, but had to dodge to score on turn 7 and failed, with neither team able to capitalize on the miscue. The second half started with a great center-penetration attack from the Elves, but - with no rerolls left - Slipslidinaway decided to have Bye ice the ball on the goalline instead of scoring. Again in turn 3 Bye was instructed to delay, even after Eldrid of the Valkyries blitzed her way to the ballcarrier. Turn 4, however, featured the "'Bruhaus Stout' Play of the Game" when a Dopplar Effect two-dice block to eliminate Eldrid came up double skulls. Momentum now clearly shifted, Borgny blitzed Bye into the KO box followed by Eldrid picking up the ball and throwing it well downfield for a successful clear into Norse controlled territory. Slipslidinaway had left precious few players on defense and was unable to mount a strong resistance to Bren picking up the loose ball and scoring the game-winning TD. With only two turns left to tie the score, Slipslidinaway had little to do but try some dodgy Elfball tactics, but the demoralized team failed and went down gracefully, by which I mean fouling. Eldrid was awarded the MVP [weird that the bot got it right] in a good game decided by rerolls and a couple of lucky die-rolls (aren't they all?), and gerardmonster declines to put any bounties on Slipslidinaway, who already has enough trouble with their thrower Whistle missing next game and losing STR to boot.

~ George Bernard Shaw
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Jun 25, 2006 - 10:32 Reply with quote Back to top

The Breakthrough Bears were lucky to get away with a 3-0 loss today to the Brajilian Goddess return in Hammerhiem Div.A.

All of that Blodge, so little tackle!

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=1255327

Also, I put a bounty on the Amazon dirty player, Gerardo, who fouled and RIP'd my Ogre,

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=player&player_id=2116535

I want her dead! And her family, dead! Her pets, goldfish, favourite doll, dead! Laughing Clearly, this was her fault for fouling, and not mine for wasting my apo on a mng. Boo. Wink

In other news - thankfully it gets easier next game. Only Dwarves! Oh, wait......... Sad
Kyyberi

Post   Posted: Jun 27, 2006 - 23:44 Reply with quote Back to top

NFL Primetime, Round 1

Round 1 is over, and let's have a look at what's happening.

Hammerheim, Division A

Brajilian Goddess return has taken a good lead, as they won Breakthrough Bears 3-0. The game wasn't a bloody one, but still one human got killed. We all hate to see fellow players die, but maybe he wasn't ready for Blood Bowl yet.

On the other game, Fluffy Little Terrors and Deeprock Stonegrinders tied their game, and it looked like that Fluffy Little Terrors celebrated the tie almost as it was a victory.

Hammerheim, Division B

Here we saw two ties, game reports can be found in here and here. Maybe the biggest surprise was that Pastry Products and Friends, the only Halfling team in NFL, pulled off a tie against the Undead Contract from Below. Let's see if those little fellows can keep up that work.

Bloodsville, Division A

There is one game unplayed in this Division, and due to Coach Replacement, there is few days extra time given. On the sole game, Valhalla Valkyries and Slipslidinaway played 1-0 in a game that featured a pitch invasion and some fouling from the elves. It seems that these pointy ears are not looking for friends. Despite the sneaky tactics, no Bounty Hunts were declared.

Bloodsville, Division B

Here we got two nice games. On first one, Thorgrim's Slaughterers won their game against Silver Oak Sentinels 2-0. No heavy injuries, just a clean normal game.

On the other match, Sledmonton Norse-kemos got beaten by Less Human Than Human. The game ended 3-0 for Humans, and Norsemen suffered some injuries. Two of their brave warriors were niggled, and it seems that when they meet again later, there might be some grudges...

Two Bounty Hunts were declared after Round 1.

First one goes to Jin, from Contract from Below.
And the other one goes to Gerardo from Brajilian Goddess return. We are all waiting to see how long they will survive.

Leading scorer is Tobino, with 2 td's.

There is no leading blocker, and none of the players have more than 1 cas made.

Remember that if your player gets killed, his memory can still live. You can nominate any killed player for an Award. No matter how good or bad he/she/it was. All you have to do is to write a little history for that player, and a little story of how he got killed in the field. When the regular season is over, all 3 Awards (scorer, blocker, mvp) will receive a name for one nominated player. That might be yours.

Post   Posted: Jun 28, 2006 - 08:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Good first game for the Goddess.
The humans were really gentle, too gentle that we can't even issue a bounty on any of them.
Hope the skavens next and the dwarves will be that soft too (somehow Ive got some doubts for the dwarves :p )

Post   Posted: Jun 30, 2006 - 18:03 Reply with quote Back to top

After playing against Pastry Products and Friends, i wanna post a Bonty Hunt for <a href="http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=player&player_id=2379908">Treacle Tart</a>. He did the completion for the td (finally it was a tie) and now he's a dirty fling --> a new kind of superweapon for those crazy lil'uns.

If i could i should post a bounty Hunt for PeteW, for causing more cas to his flings than me Smile

Post   Posted: Jun 30, 2006 - 18:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Kanzo wrote:
After playing against Pastry Products and Friends, i wanna post a Bonty Hunt for <a href="http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=player&player_id=2379908">Treacle Tart</a>. He did the completion for the td (finally it was a tie) and now he's a dirty fling --> a new kind of superweapon for those crazy lil'uns.

If i could i should post a bounty Hunt for PeteW, for causing more cas to his flings than me Smile

hehehe does my troll get the bounty if he rips the fling on a bad throw?!?!?

Post   Posted: Jul 01, 2006 - 19:30 Reply with quote Back to top

PeteW wrote:
Kanzo wrote:

hehehe does my troll get the bounty if he rips the fling on a bad throw?!?!?

it would be great Very Happy

Post   Posted: Jul 02, 2006 - 13:06 Reply with quote Back to top

After facing Brajilian Goddess return the Fluffly Little Terrors are declaring a bounty on Roberto.
(Link) http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=player&player_id=2116525

After spending the whole week preparing to take down the slippery zons (tackle on skill roll after last game) this Amazonian blitzer sent Spike to the bench on turn 2 after proving that the new skills could be effective on those women. If Spike could've stayed on the field then the close 3-2 match could easily have gone the other way. Especially in the blistering heat!

Kill her so she can't do it again!
ploplo25

Post   Posted: Jul 04, 2006 - 13:08 Reply with quote Back to top

This time the Goddess declare a bounty aginst the gutter runner that scored twice against us.
He was the iron man in this game so we didn't get a chance to kill him ourselves, so Im counting on my opponents for that :

DIE Weasel DIE !!

Post   Posted: Jul 04, 2006 - 16:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Nice to see that Bounty Hunts are given. That makes those games a little more interesting.

And remember, after this first round (3 games) and cross-conference game there will be a second round (also 3 games). So if you got some grudges, you have 1 more game to pay them back yourself! And if you collect your own Bounty, you get double points (for giving and collecting the Bounty)!

Post   Posted: Jul 06, 2006 - 20:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Round Two match-up of the NFL

The Wood Elf coach would like to thank whomever handed out all the sticky buns to the norse players. They'd get the elbow into the throat of the elf allright, but their killer instinct was distracted by those addictive MSG-laden sticky buns. Lots of stuns against the elfs against the Wood Elf treeman sweeping his branches and filling the Norse-kemo's bench.

The match started with the norse on offense. They quickly moved the ball midfield into a cage just in the wide zone. Thanks to a couple of elfs with guard, the Sentinels were able to clear a path for a wardancer to blitz through, but his strip ball left the ball well protected. Seconds later a frenzied norse lineman sent him sprawling into the fans, but luckily it was the Wood Elf Family Section, and they saw him safely to the dugout.
The Norse swooped on the ball and attempted a sweep along the bottom but the receiver let the ball slip through his hands. As the treeman niggled a lineman a wardancer swooped on the ball and skipped in for the lead.

The next drive saw the Wood Elf's get a blitz and penetrate two elfs deep into Norse territory. The Norse dropped players back to deal with the threat, and had succeeded in isolating them when a double skull further upfield saw the play suddenly lose momentum with the ball still on the field. Again another brief scrum ensued with a wardancer again pouncing on the ball. and scoring. End of the half 2-0.

The second half saw the Sentinels up two players. Sending wardancers and elfs with guard up each wing, and with their treeman flattening the LOS, the Norse could only mark every elf. The elfs had their coffee this morning as they did not fail a single dodge roll ALL MATCH. Dodging in and out they blitzed a wardancer open and he caught the ball and scored.

The Norse received the ball again. They attempted to force it through along the bottom but Chilly Willy, the off and on again thrower of the Norse, was off, and the ball dropped behind him. Again the Wood Elfs jumped on it and were poised to score when a hard-running Norse blitzer stunned the ball holder a square away. The ball dropped into the endzone. and a line-elf was able to go for it twice to sprawl on the ball on the endzone.

Finally, with their minds off the delicous and not-fattening sticky buns, the Norse went to work. Abandoning the cage they sent receivers deep into the Wood Elf backfield. Distracted by some hard hard hits on their players the Wood Elfs tried to stop the Norse from scoring, but their MVP of the game, Sniffles, was able to score to give the Norse fans something else to holler about than BLOOD BLOOD BLOOD.

Thanks for the match keggiemckill. Pound those orcs.

We have no grudge against these Norse. Well maybe Sniffles. Okay, we declare A BOUNTY ON SNIFFLES. HOW DARE HE SCORE IN THE DYING SECONDS?? AG 4?? HIT THE WEIGHT ROOM BUDDY!

Players of mine who might get bountied after this:

Terrick Witchbane scored 3 TD's
Lichenleaf Mammothbranch 3 CAS, 2 KO
 Jump to: