41 coaches online • Server time: 18:13
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Finishing the 60 Gam...goto Post Borg Invasiongoto Post GIF Guide
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
How would you describe your position on this matter?
I use all tactics i need to to win and NEVER care when it's done back to me
28%
 28%  [ 72 ]
I'll happily use all tactics i need to but i must admit i do sometimes get annoyed by the tactics of others
16%
 16%  [ 42 ]
I'll use all tactics i need to.... until i no longer feel its needed and hope my opponent does the same
44%
 44%  [ 111 ]
I'll play how I want to and get annoyed if the opponent uses certain tactics that i dont like
10%
 10%  [ 25 ]
Total Votes : 250

Plorg

Post   Posted: Nov 25, 2008 - 23:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Nextflux wrote:
I dont judge other peoples choices or actions..

Nextflux wrote:
stupid guys
Nextflux wrote:
pititful
Nextflux wrote:
dont have the guts
Nextflux wrote:
ass coaches!!
Nextflux wrote:
just accept it or sod off
Nextflux wrote:
incredibly unfair and such an ass
Nextflux wrote:
you have been such an ass
Nextflux wrote:
it makes you a big bully
Nextflux wrote:
an ass, (or what I think is an ass)
Nextflux wrote:
they play like "asses"
Nextflux wrote:
LOL pathetic
paulhicks

Post   Posted: Nov 26, 2008 - 00:23 Reply with quote Back to top

lol Very Happy
Whole lotta asses in this thread.

Post   Posted: Nov 26, 2008 - 01:40 Reply with quote Back to top

I like big butts and I cannot lie

Post   Posted: Nov 26, 2008 - 01:43 Reply with quote Back to top

On a related topic; I sure hope Pac will tell us some more about who Jan Mattys is.

Post   Posted: Nov 26, 2008 - 02:12 Reply with quote Back to top

DeMoorck, it's funny you should use that word. Hope. Jan Mattys never had hope. Didn't believe in it. Never felt the need for it. He knew that, in the end, the bishops will get all of us. Hope could be no escape from that.

But saying he had no hope makes him sound joyless. And sure, maybe there wasn't much reason for joy back in those days. They were tough times on the streets of Amsterdam (and Munster) back then. With so few uses to put Pi to, what could be the reason for any joy? They just weren't those kinds of times.

Yet Jan Mattys was a happy man. Oh sure, you might not think that when he was red-faced and angry after his third bourbon, swearing like a docker about what the bishops had done. But he understood the simple pleasures in life. Circles, pastries, baptisms, and never letting a bishop get the better of him.

Well, never until the last time.

So, I'm glad to hear you have hope DeMoorck, but let me say this: if hope ever fails you, remember Jan Mattys. He didn't need it.

Of course, he ended up with his head on a pike, so that might not be an example you want to follow. But that's your decision alone, just like it was his.
Sarganius

Post   Posted: Nov 26, 2008 - 03:32 Reply with quote Back to top

I dont tend to get upset with people using certain tactics as i am not the kind of coach who agrees/disagrees with certain tactics... they are in the rules or allowed by the rules so big whoop!

I do get annoyed tho when someone uses a tactic on me which i then try to use back and fail spectacularly! For example my last 3 Blackbox games i have played fouling coaches who have done some damage yet i then try to foul back and have made one out of approx 8 fouls count! One of them i had an orc bltizer surrounded by my orc blitzer, lineman and goblin which i fouled with +3 for three turns in a row and didnt break the armour once!

Boo dice!
UberEvil

Post   Posted: Nov 26, 2008 - 07:29 Reply with quote Back to top

pac wrote:
DeMoorck, it's funny you should use that word. Hope. Jan Mattys never had hope. Didn't believe in it. Never felt the need for it. He knew that, in the end, the bishops will get all of us. Hope could be no escape from that.

But saying he had no hope makes him sound joyless. And sure, maybe there wasn't much reason for joy back in those days. They were tough times on the streets of Amsterdam (and Munster) back then. With so few uses to put Pi to, what could be the reason for any joy? They just weren't those kinds of times.

Yet Jan Mattys was a happy man. Oh sure, you might not think that when he was red-faced and angry after his third bourbon, swearing like a docker about what the bishops had done. But he understood the simple pleasures in life. Circles, pastries, baptisms, and never letting a bishop get the better of him.

Well, never until the last time.

So, I'm glad to hear you have hope DeMoorck, but let me say this: if hope ever fails you, remember Jan Mattys. He didn't need it.

Of course, he ended up with his head on a pike, so that might not be an example you want to follow. But that's your decision alone, just like it was his.

Rofl. You seem to be completely deranged... in a good way.
Nextflux

Post   Posted: Nov 26, 2008 - 10:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Plorg wrote:
Nextflux wrote:
I dont judge other peoples choices or actions..

Nextflux wrote:
stupid guys
Nextflux wrote:
pititful
Nextflux wrote:
dont have the guts
Nextflux wrote:
ass coaches!!
Nextflux wrote:
just accept it or sod off
Nextflux wrote:
incredibly unfair and such an ass
Nextflux wrote:
you have been such an ass
Nextflux wrote:
it makes you a big bully
Nextflux wrote:
an ass, (or what I think is an ass)
Nextflux wrote:
they play like "asses"
Nextflux wrote:
LOL pathetic

well you like to put people out for display, and make fun of them heh ?
whats really dissapointing is that you are from the staff, not just some regular member
SillySod

Post   Posted: Nov 26, 2008 - 11:07 Reply with quote Back to top

paulhicks wrote:
lol Very Happy
Whole lotta asses in this thread.

Reading this very nearly made me try to find a picture of the largest and ugliest ass on the net and post it (accompanied by the words "he likes to take it hard as well" Wink Sadly I remembered this is a family site and bans arent fun Crying or Very sad

"There are those to whom knowledge is a shield. There are those to whom it is a weapon. Neither view is balanced."
Vampy

Post   Posted: Nov 26, 2008 - 11:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Nextflux wrote:

well you like to put people out for display, and make fun of them heh ?
whats really dissapointing is that you are from the staff, not just some regular member

You really are your own worst enemy aren't you?

Let me just clarify something here. Most people in this thread have found your comments to be confusing or just ridiculous. When questioned you have been dismissive of their opinions or their probing without really clarifying your position in a solid manner. You seem to think people are picking on you when in fact they aren't, they are merely seeking some sort of justification for your 'line' and when you have repeatedly poorly explained your line you have labelled them as asses and told me to sod off in the process.

What's really disappointing about this is that you seem to have your back up against the wall for no reason and are being defensive/aggressive to perfectly reasonable questions and semi-abusive in the process.

And to top it off, you seem to have just tried to pick a fight with a staff member. Shocked Rolling Eyes
pac

Post   Posted: Nov 26, 2008 - 13:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Vampy wrote:
you seem to have just tried to pick a fight with a staff member.

Jan Mattys used to try to pick fights. Only he tended to pick them with bishops.

I remember one time, he was sitting in the corner of this run-down joint in Amsterdam, red-eyed as he stared at his last glass of bourbon and wondered when he'd get to bake a pastry again. Then this kid comes through the door, saying how there's a gang of bishops on the other side of town, pushing incense and trying to round up vulgate bibles to burn.

That was the sort of thing that got Jan Mattys going. He knew the bishops had more men and more pikes than anyone else. He knew that town hall couldn't do a thing about them. No one could. But that wouldn't stop him from trying.

So we walked across town, through the mean streets of Amsterdam, wagons with uneven shaped wheels rattling past us over the cobblestones. Jan Mattys had the air of a man who was going to lay the bet he had to lay, no matter how unfair the hand dealt him.

When we got there, you couldn't tell which smell was stronger: the burning incense or the burning paper. Both smells were the kind that set Jan Mattys on edge. He started hollering and yelling at the bishops as they inhaled their incense and threw more books on the fire.

And you know what? They laughed at him. Of all the things to do to a man like Jan Mattys, they had to laugh at him, calling him a drunk and a failure. It's bad enough to know that the bishops always win in the end, but that day Jan Mattys realised that they knew it too ...
Nextflux

Post   Posted: Nov 26, 2008 - 13:34 Reply with quote Back to top

I guess your right.
At least I have been trying to explain ... and failed miserably in the process
most of the time I have been misunderstood..
What my point was, was only that I would not play someone who played what I think was unnessesary cruel, and that is the position I have been trying to defend
I just wount play this guy.., not just because he was cruel but because he also was a top player. (the combo makes it unhealthy)

Then there has been alot of misundertaning and most of what I have said have been drawn out of porpotions, and out of context..
most of the time I have felt that I have been trying to explain something noone could understand,, or didnt want to understand..
I guess most of it is my own fault since I have been semi-abusive in the process.
TO my defence in this matter .. I was trying to end the discussion.. and was rather getting massive disagreements from everyone..
so I regret making all the posts about this..
Still it is dissapointing to get in the end a post from the staff.. what do you expect me to say when you get a post from the somone in the staff who makes fun of you ?
nothing of it makes any sence other than to have a laugh..
So maybe I deserved it, I can accept that from most people..
SillySod

Post   Posted: Nov 26, 2008 - 13:52 Reply with quote Back to top

This is nothing about your last game (against Ravno) is it? Smile

"There are those to whom knowledge is a shield. There are those to whom it is a weapon. Neither view is balanced."
Nextflux

Post   Posted: Nov 26, 2008 - 13:55 Reply with quote Back to top

no
DeMoorck

Post   Posted: Nov 26, 2008 - 14:00 Reply with quote Back to top

I'll never trust a bishop again!!