46 coaches online • Server time: 01:01
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Borg Invasiongoto Post Finishing the 60 Gam...goto Post GIF Guide
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
howlett

Post   Posted: Apr 13, 2009 - 13:12 Reply with quote Back to top

I read the whole thread and don't want to argue on a particular thing. Just want to say:

Thank you so much for your efforts, Christer and Kalimar.
Good luck for the next months.
SnakeSanders

Post   Posted: Apr 13, 2009 - 13:18 Reply with quote Back to top

How difficult would it be to scale the pitch down so that it could follow the BB7's rules?

BB7's rocks by the way, check the pitch out

http://www.bloodbowl.hu/items/File/BB7.pdf
Koigokoro

Post   Posted: Apr 13, 2009 - 13:19 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah wrote:
Koigokoro wrote:
Question to the opposition of displaying the odds:
Do you think that there should be no player info box in the client?(meaning that we should only see player icon and number and getting to see its skills would require you to open team roster or asking the opponent)

I don't understand this point (even though you have made it twice)

It seriously dummifies the game that you don't have remember each players skills by it's number or check them every time.

I can check it every time and it takes me 5 secs by asking or checking the roster.

In my mind this isn't so far away from displaying the result of the AG-roll minimum for success function
For dodge success = 6 -AG of the active player + amount TZs on target square(Ignore this if active player has Stunty) + amount of Prehensive tail TZs on the start square + 2 for possible DT

I can do that every and it takes me 2 secs. (Still I don't win that much Sad)

That's just doing as the rules require you to do and displaying them better on makes playing smoother( If you don't count the advantage you get if managed to hide your skills or opponent didn't do that easy piece of math correctly)

A straightforward difference from the rules is that the client uses prehensive tail automatically and asks for the use of Diving tackle. This dummifies the game a lot because you don't have to pay attention to your players having them.
Another thing in the same category is blocking. Assists should be declared by coaches, but here they are automatically used.

All skill use should be voluntary as said in the rulebook, we already skip much of this in fumbbl, but you think that displaying some of the rules that we don't skip suddenly dummifies the game?

koadah wrote:
Koigokoro wrote:

Let's take this to another direction: In TT you can field more than 11 players and use players you don't have in your roster, but the client doesn't allow you to do this. Dummifying the game or making it easier to follow the rules?

Don't understand this.

In tabletop you can accidentally or intentionally skip rules, here doing this is not possible in most cases and even some rules where you should be able to choose is chosen for you.
Another somewhat similar example but totally within the rules:
Opponent S3 orc blitzer is standing between 2 black orcs with guard. I move 1 human blitzer with guard next to the orc blitzer and blitz with another S3 human blitzer and declare my assist and throw 2 dices and pick my POW. At this moment opponent notices his guards, but it's too late(It's not like anyone follows this rule when playing on tabletop)

Summing my point is the dodge and pass sum functions are in the book and displaying them changes the game in such a miniture amount compared to so many other things taken granted already. And the whole change it will make is that coaches will notice effects of skills of assists that shouldn't in the first place have the effect they have unless the opposing coach declares so, but aren't required to do so here.

Hmm, maybe this rant has gone a bit too far Smile
dga01

Post   Posted: Apr 13, 2009 - 13:42 Reply with quote Back to top

I will embrace the LBR5 client when it comes for one simple reason : fouling. The BB community here on fumbbl have been in a bash age for too long, now we can see a new age with fine play of passing game in the horizon Very Happy
Top_Banana

Post   Posted: Apr 13, 2009 - 13:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Christer has indeed spoken, but that don't mean he's right. If the targets needed are shown, that will speed the game up for some people (they even said so in this thread!!). we'll I always thought that planning your turns and doing it all in 4 minutes was important. On fumbbl it's not very often that a player can't move all his players, on table top I've sen that happen a lot. So we seem to be moving further away from true Bloodbowl!
It's also been said that people dont want to win because the dude they was playing couldn't work out their turn in time. Well i think thats a more decent way to win than a kick off table roll.
Please tell me it aint gonna show the added minuses for stuff like diving tackle!

Anyway great work so far Kalimar.
asharak

Post   Posted: Apr 13, 2009 - 17:20 Reply with quote Back to top

One reason I won't like LRB5 is fouling - not cause DP gets nerfed .... instead because it becomes a club not a knife, with the removal of the eye. Sad

However, if everyone else switches I guess I will too.... Sad

Post   Posted: Apr 13, 2009 - 17:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Noooooo! Don't do it! Don't make it a fouling thread!

Stay back! BAAAAACK! Wink
SnakeSanders

Post   Posted: Apr 13, 2009 - 17:32 Reply with quote Back to top

does this mean if you get caught at work (doesnt affect me as fumbbl is banned at work) you can shut down and play 2-3 turns every 20 mins while the boss is in a meeting? Smile
WardenUSA

Post   Posted: Apr 15, 2009 - 00:19 Reply with quote Back to top

how do you make a LRB5 team? i don't see it in the options
fly

Post   Posted: Apr 15, 2009 - 00:27 Reply with quote Back to top

just click create new team and then select LRB5.

xcver

Post   Posted: Apr 15, 2009 - 00:47 Reply with quote Back to top

shadow46x2 wrote:
...the only assistance you get, per se, is the -2/1/2d block color guide when throwing a block or blitz...

lol...I didn't even know that...I'm such a noob Smile

Post   Posted: Apr 15, 2009 - 02:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Personally, on TT I let my opponent know the odds, etc, when we play. "Oh, that'll be a 5+ Dodge" or stuff like that. "Remember, I have 2 guards here." You get the idea. I think the showing of the TZs is a good thing, and keeps both players on the same page.

The good players will not be focusing on a player by clicking on him; they will already know, and not really pay attention to the numbers. The newer players will benefit, and improve, and then become better players. The lazy players? Well, I can't speak for them, but I don't know how it'll change them one way or the other.

Kalimar, great work, I can't wait to see this new Client. I'll be giving you almost nightly feedback if this thing goes live!

Z
tenpole

Post   Posted: Apr 16, 2009 - 12:39 Reply with quote Back to top

flyor wrote:
just click create new team and then select LRB5.

I think this was for the skijunkie client trying to emulate lrb5. Not the new client.
Woodstock

Post   Posted: Apr 16, 2009 - 13:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Will there be an option to have the client always on top? I would really love that...

Thanks for the great work!
maznaz

Post   Posted: Apr 16, 2009 - 13:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Woodstock wrote:
Will there be an option to have the client always on top? I would really love that...

Thanks for the great work!

That's a good idea. Also I hope to god the client NEVER steals focus from another app. Smile
 Jump to: