56 coaches online • Server time: 22:05
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Blood Bowl 2024 Edit...goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post RNG speculations
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Tathar

Post   Posted: Sep 15, 2010 - 05:52 Reply with quote Back to top

wow 7 teams can still qualify from Group 1

But my money's on

Complicated Elfs and Fumbbl Cup V.

Orcphans though have plenty of tackle, so if they can pull out the win I'd expect them to make it.
Alibaba

Post   Posted: Sep 15, 2010 - 08:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Complicated Elfs will most likely have to play for the win here. +1 at the tie braker + loss that would bring it down even more will not get him to the top 2 spots. Needs draw against Orcphans. But dont think that will be too easy win for em 2-1. Elfs will continue and win this group.

JD and his mighty undeads Fumbbl Cup V will meet their 1st real basher team here, win will the 2nd ticket for em, but draw most likely isnt enough for em. H0rnsw0gglers will do their best to bash those undeads down and keep the game intresting we will most likely see some wiz action. Win will also most likely give em chance to get the ticket. But sad to say, draw it is 1-1.

qwerty team got plenty of points from their game with the bashed DE, now they need to pull out some point from nasty small TR orcs. They have enough points to get the 2nd place, if JD doesnt win his own game. Bored Supercomputer will try to bring numbers down and but with -0,5 tie braker they will need pile of de and 2-0 win to make it. De wins 3-1.

Magerit Revengers still have change but -2 tie braker makes it hard for em. They might not even win this one Nandorins are in good shape after 1st round beating. Their -8 tie braker really knocks them out. I still think they play for win. In theory they could take their ticket to the next round. With all opponents in casulty box and plenty of tds. 1st pair De win with plenty of tds and no cas against. JD and gritter plays tie, where gritter makes 5 more cas and they are in +4 tie braker. The 3rd game tie, with one cas win for orcs. After that it would recuire 16 cas and 5-0 win, but still I think Magerit Revengers will take it 2-1 but still be left out with low tie braker.
Malmir

Post   Posted: Sep 15, 2010 - 19:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Alibaba wrote:
Complicated Elfs will most likely have to play for the win here. +1 at the tie braker + loss that would bring it down even more will not get him to the top 2 spots. Needs draw against Orcphans. But dont think that will be too easy win for em 2-1. Elfs will continue and win this group.

JD and his mighty undeads Fumbbl Cup V will meet their 1st real basher team here, win will the 2nd ticket for em, but draw most likely isnt enough for em. H0rnsw0gglers will do their best to bash those undeads down and keep the game intresting we will most likely see some wiz action. Win will also most likely give em chance to get the ticket. But sad to say, draw it is 1-1.

qwerty team got plenty of points from their game with the bashed DE, now they need to pull out some point from nasty small TR orcs. They have enough points to get the 2nd place, if JD doesnt win his own game. Bored Supercomputer will try to bring numbers down and but with -0,5 tie braker they will need pile of de and 2-0 win to make it. De wins 3-1.

Magerit Revengers still have change but -2 tie braker makes it hard for em. They might not even win this one Nandorins are in good shape after 1st round beating. Their -8 tie braker really knocks them out. I still think they play for win. In theory they could take their ticket to the next round. With all opponents in casulty box and plenty of tds. 1st pair De win with plenty of tds and no cas against. JD and gritter plays tie, where gritter makes 5 more cas and they are in +4 tie braker. The 3rd game tie, with one cas win for orcs. After that it would recuire 16 cas and 5-0 win, but still I think Magerit Revengers will take it 2-1 but still be left out with low tie braker.

Aren't Nandorins out anyway because they lost their first two matches? Is a swiss designed so the top two play then next two etc or is that just how it worked out?

My tips for this group are the comp elves and gritter's Orcs and as I won that betting on results thingy that was trialled a few majors ago you should listen to my sage counsel and get rich.
PainState

Post   Posted: Sep 15, 2010 - 22:09 Reply with quote Back to top

** Milford from Group #2 **

Well we enter the final matches and 7 of the 8 teams are battling for the final two spots. The Nandorins are mathmatically eliminated but take on the roll of spoiler in the final match. The Swiss format was a big success and worked out to perfection. We have a final round of the playoff were all 4 games have meaning. Also be on the look out for an abnormal level of fouling, even for a major, in these matches. With CAS being such a big deal on tie breakers expect every team to lay the boot and lay it hard.

This is going to be really exciting Blood Bowl Fumbbl fans. I expect all these matches to be exciting, close, Bloody and a lot of fun to watch.

lets break these matches down.

ImageComplicated Elves
VS
ImageOrcphans

Well the Complicated ones are on the cusp and still rolling. They have the freakish talent to win the entire tourney. But they got another hurdle in their way. Taking on the greenskins will be a challenge. Just get that passing attack up and running complicate the gameplan for the Orcphans. They have 80,000 gold so I would expect a wizard to show up. They got the squad to win this match, just dont spit the bit so close to the end.

Orcphans are primed and have a really nice squad of players. They have to be leery of these elves though. They have to figure out a way to muddle this game and tie down the agile elves. Some how grind this match out and attempt to capitalize on their Bash power. Cage and bash is the way to go. On defense they will probally get strung out over the field so they need to get some timely CAS and hopefully open up a hole for a heroic blitz on the ball carrier for a TO.

This match can go either way. In the end the Elves just have to much talent for the Orcphans to overcome and they some how manage to pull out a 2-1 win late in the game. The Orcphans give it their all but fall just short.

ImageFumbbl Cup V
VS
ImageH0rnsW0gglers

The FC crew enters the match ready to punch and foul their way into the semi finals. They bring the Count to the match to aid them. They are not a stellar crew but man are they a nasty lot. Once again will the DP boot, Multiblock and the Count lead them to victory? They are getting 4 handicaps for the match to aid them.

W0gglers are primed for this match. They bring a mean dispostition to the match and should be able to control the LOS. If they can control the LOS and tie down the FC crew it will set up a titanic show down of legends. the Count VS Pootash, the legendary blitzer of the W0gglers. That is the match up the orcs need. If they can get the game to come down to this match up then the Orcs will take this and advance. They also have 55,000 gold so expect a wizard to be in attendance.

The Orcs get their match up of legends and theirs prove superior. H0rnsW0gglers win this one 3-1 after a key turnover by FC V early in the second half.

ImageQwerty Team
VS
ImageBored Supercomputer

The Qwerts are set to make their run. They are really set up nice in this match. They should be able to elf ball the supercomputer and overload its circuits. If they just play their game and stay clean on the CAS front they will be in good shape. They have 60,000 gold so once again the wizard will probally be called on.

The Supercomputer will be getting 3 handicaps and bring Varag Ghoul-Chewer to the match. They dont have enough tackle so they are going to have to count on Mork to bless their mighty blows. IF they get the MB up and running and rely on the boot...well now you have a winning ticket. This is old school orc ball here.

In the end the Bored Supercomputer comes to life and just lays into the Qwerts. The Kapows start raining down on the Elves and they are left powerless. Supercomputer CAS their way to a 2-1 win, hanging on late against a depleted team.

ImageMagerit Revengers
VS
ImageNandorins

The Revengers are set up nice in this match. Playing against a elf team suits their style just right. They have the talent to push around the High Elves and if they get their rushing attack up and running should be able to control this match. They have 85,000 gold to play with in the match if they feel they need some help.

The Nandorins are playing spoiler in this match and I expect them to come out fired up and ready. Plus it will be game #1300 for them so they are playing for that also. Getting 2 handicaps will help out but they lack enough firepower to match up. So they will have to pull it out the old fashion way. Elf ball their butts off and hope for the best.

Nandorins give them a run until around half time and then reality strikes that it just aint going to happen, the win, and they just lay out for the rest of the match getting ready for the post game party for game #1300.

Revengers get the lay out 2-1 win in the second half.

Well with all the tie breakers I have no idea who is going to get the Second spot or even the first for that matter if the complicated elves really want to complicate things. All I know is this...with so much on the line in these matches...expect every team to play all out for the win. A lot of Blood, some Bowl and huge amount of fun will be had.

Last edited by PainState on %b %15, %2010 - %22:%Sep; edited 4 times in total
Alibaba

Post   Posted: Sep 15, 2010 - 22:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Malmir wrote:
Alibaba wrote:

Aren't Nandorins out anyway because they lost their first two matches? Is a swiss designed so the top two play then next two etc or is that just how it worked out?

My tips for this group are the comp elves and gritter's Orcs and as I won that betting on results thingy that was trialled a few majors ago you should listen to my sage counsel and get rich.

Yes that is right.. dont know how I did think that.
Gritter

Post   Posted: Sep 16, 2010 - 08:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Malmir wrote:
Alibaba wrote:

Sad shhhh Malmir and you Painstate!! My orcs have been bet against in every round including the qualifiers and we like it that way.... methinks you just gave my team the kiss of death hehe Rolling Eyes
T_Witch

Post   Posted: Sep 16, 2010 - 14:05 Reply with quote Back to top

I know the feeling Gritter...it wasn't until the second round of swiss that my team even got a mention. My starting bracket didn't get predicted at all. I've been enjoying playing the unknown. Looks like we need to hire better 'distractions' for Milford. I hear the Lustrian Tropic Girls tour barge is back in town for the upcoming finals. I think I'll make sure Milfords inn ends up with a few cancelled reservations to make room for them.
PainState

Post   Posted: Sep 16, 2010 - 17:40 Reply with quote Back to top

** Milford from Group #1 **

Well Fumbbl fans the playoff has been decided and Enterpainment United and Ferelve Farcity have advanced to the Semi finals.

Post   Posted: Sep 16, 2010 - 22:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Well the Complicated Elves gave their fans a scare but manage to pull out the tie late in the second half to punch their ticket for the Semi Final round.

Post   Posted: Sep 16, 2010 - 22:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Only on spot left in the Semi Final round. Who will advance?

Post   Posted: Sep 19, 2010 - 22:38 Reply with quote Back to top

** Milford from the Lustrian **

Well the Fumbbl Cup V crew lays the boot hot and heavy but can get no traction and get taken out and booted from the Lustrian.

Which opens up the tie breaker nightmare scenario on who will get the last spot in the semi finals.

Last edited by PainState on %b %19, %2010 - %22:%Sep; edited 1 time in total
Gritter

Post   Posted: Sep 19, 2010 - 22:47 Reply with quote Back to top

The swogglers grind on with Pootash taking his career tally to 51 TD. First half the swogglers managed to shut out JD's Fumbbl Cup V team with the slow undead being closed down at every turn and crucial rolls in the orcs favour giving them the advantage of numbers. Second half after some early worries Pootash and his orc screen worked their way down the left flank before forming a screen for a stall and dispatching the str6 Count Drak (drugs cheat!) with a boot to allow the stall to last until t16. With the fastest undead player left on the pitch move 4.... push 1 turn disaster wasnt a possibility unlike the first round of the swiss leaving the final score 1-0...
But will their tie-breaker score prove enough to put them in the semi finals?
Reisender

Post   Posted: Sep 20, 2010 - 11:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Gritter, since you kicked out mah rats I count on you to win the thing! In any case awesome work to get so far with a quite low TS team in the beginning!
Alibaba

Post   Posted: Sep 20, 2010 - 11:38 Reply with quote Back to top

It will be intresting to see how, orcs vs DE game ends.. they will need only 2 td win with even cas to to proseed.
RedDevilCG

Post   Posted: Sep 20, 2010 - 22:22 Reply with quote Back to top

I just love the fact that one of his BoBs has the Kick skill! I can't imagine how much practice it took to get that down.
 Jump to: