50 coaches online • Server time: 20:55
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Finishing the 60 Gam...goto Post GIF Guidegoto Post TSC Draft
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Biscuits or Cake?
Biscuits
19%
 19%  [ 23 ]
Cake
29%
 29%  [ 36 ]
Cocaine... or raisins!
51%
 51%  [ 62 ]
Total Votes : 121

T_A_B

Post   Posted: Oct 16, 2006 - 01:08 Reply with quote Back to top

I used to roller blade to work in a long leather trench coat. A colleague, who i played mt:g with, said that i looked like a character from one of the cards as i was flying down the hill next to the office with my coat out behind me. The cards name?

The Avenging Blade -- T_A_B

voila, i have been using this for around 8-9 years now for everything that will take underscores. If i can't do underscores then i go for tab, if they are realy picky and won't allow sub 5 characters i go for tabtech (a company i setup and ran very briefly).
Webbe

Post   Posted: Oct 16, 2006 - 01:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Webbe is based of my last name, has used it since I began to use ICQ in 97.
After that I've grown accustomed to it, I like it, it's short, fast to type and has some reference to where I use it (the web).
So I've used it on most sites and emails I've signed up to since then including FUMBBL.
Gomez35

Post   Posted: Oct 16, 2006 - 01:52 Reply with quote Back to top

My buddies and I went to a Detroit Tigers baseball game one summer when we were in high school. The eighth batter (a position reserved for someone who's not a good hitter) was a rookie playing in his first major league game. His name - "Chris Gomez, number 35" - was announced but not a single person in the entire stadium cheered or clapped or anything... So the four of us started going nuts over the guy. We pretended like we were his number one fans, his fan club, and we ended up rousing an entire section of the outfield to cheer for him everytime he made a play.

Anyway, we sort of turned it into a cult phenomenon amongst out group of friends. We did the same thing at a whole series of games that summer, and I eventually was at the stadium when he hit his first ever homerun (and his second, in the same game!)... "Go! Mez!" became something like our personal shout-out. I've been using it as my online identity for a decade or so now.

G
pizzamogul

Post   Posted: Oct 16, 2006 - 02:14 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm co-owner of 3 pizzerias. As you can probably guess, the 'mogul' part is strictly tongue-in-cheek.

Post   Posted: Oct 16, 2006 - 02:41 Reply with quote Back to top

well here we go, when i first came online i had to think of something and decided upon bigdave (obviously coming from the fact my name is dave an im not small) but this was very popular so had to add a number, at the time it was 62 but that never really stuck as i wanted something unique.

then when i joined a game called anaroch i evolved into bigdave_juggalo due to obvious reasons (if its not obvious you know nothing about the whole thing and i suggest you go look it up), however it was the way in anaroch to have many many multiple accounts and to come up with names for 50+ accounts i ended up going for name generators, one name that came out of a wu tang generator was wacko genius. it fits me suprisingly well and people suggested i use it more so i did.

after some games not allowing spaces (and i didnt like wacko_genius) i made it one word and have stuck with it since. it still fits my personality and i have come to like it, i use it for more or less everything now and its always unique, ive never encountered another wackogenius.

Post   Posted: Oct 16, 2006 - 02:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Damn some of these are intresting. Anyway a bit of a long one.

Around 10 odd years ago I read the Long Sun triology and I really like one of their weapons a singularity distorion sword that was call Azoth. So i picked ut up and starting using it in Battle.Net but I had to go away for about a month and I lost the account so when I went back someelse had already taken it so I thought bugger you Ill take Lord Azoth with got shorten down to Lazoth or laz.

Then a couple of years later started playing Counter-strike and was Using Lazoth or Lord when i felt like it and as I was getting better i started using guns that nobody else really used and then they started saying was I real or something else (ie cheating). Of course playing 40k at the time and really loving Khorne I said Something Daemonic? and they agreed so it got put into my name and ive stuck with it.

The nick I used before that came from a screwed up keyboard: Sarranos. only a few keys work so i just button mashed til i saw something i could work on.

Last edited by DaemonicLazoth on %b %16, %2006 - %04:%Oct; edited 1 time in total
FFTimberwolf

Post   Posted: Oct 16, 2006 - 02:45 Reply with quote Back to top

My Net'Mech Clan from way back in the day had the abriviation FF, and the Timber Wolf is my favorite 'Mech. So I put them together.
Zaghrog

Post   Posted: Nov 03, 2006 - 13:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Hmm... interesting thread, good time-killer.

When I first started playing WH40k (5 years ago I think) I started with Orks. The Warboss's first name was Grogan, but then I thought it wasn't good enough. Then I figured this one, Zaghrog. I've come to like it, it's pretty easy to type (I don't understand how some people have difficulty typing it).

Oh btw odi, we have the same first name, my first name is Tommi too.

'Ere we go, 'ere we go, 'ere we go...
tadgoraucymru

Post   Posted: Nov 03, 2006 - 14:02 Reply with quote Back to top

It's welsh (obviously)

Tad - Dad, Gorau - Best, Cymru - Wales

Wales' best Dad

My kids bought me a T-shirt with it, being a single very committed dad who teaches in a Welsh medium school, thought it said everything you need to know about me.

Post   Posted: Nov 03, 2006 - 14:05 Reply with quote Back to top

My nick name is Mitch. One of my friends, when drunk called me "Meeeeeech". It has stuck since.

Jerk.

Post   Posted: Nov 03, 2006 - 16:30 Reply with quote Back to top

06:18] <>why are you calling yourself Thor_Thunderpants all the time?
[06:20] <Thor_Thunderpants> You all have dull real life names and cool macho nicks.... my drug addled parents realy did call me Thor_Thunderpants so i use a dull nick like paulhicks...
[06:20] <> youre so full of shit
[06:21] <Thor_Thunderpants> COWER BEFORE MY MIGHTY PANTS PUNY MORTAL

Post   Posted: Nov 03, 2006 - 16:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Laughing

Post   Posted: Nov 03, 2006 - 17:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Guess my parents are to blame...
Peacedove

Post   Posted: Nov 03, 2006 - 17:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Peacedove, cause it wil hopefully get my Khemri som more games
def909

Post   Posted: Nov 03, 2006 - 17:27 Reply with quote Back to top

My nick reflects my personal musical journey. Def is derived from DefJam Recordings (hiphop stuff), the music I was listening to when I was hmm about half my age (15 or so)... Def is (or used to be, dunno) a slangword meaning cool/stylish or something like that. 909 comes from the famous Roland TR909, a drumcomputer that is more than 20 years old now but is still being used in many house/techno tracks. Yes, it´s a boring nick, but it´s never used by anyone else so I stick with it Wink