22 coaches online • Server time: 07:45
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Claw/MBgoto Post 90+ Custom Rosters!goto Post Designer's Comm...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Apr 04, 2015 - 11:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Start before that deadline. If you are in progress, I shall not cut it. If you are not, I shall.

Sorry Mal. I defer those PMs to my junk folder. Wink One of the beauties of Swiss in groups of this size is that single, headline moments of nonsense like that are made slightly less important and you still have time to make it back.
HungDonkeyman

Post   Posted: Apr 04, 2015 - 13:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Out of interest as I could'nt seem to find the answer , will there be one winner overall or is there going to be multiple winners for timezones/groupings?
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Apr 04, 2015 - 14:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Each group produces a winner, and we'll have them playoff (made up to a bracket of 8 by European runners up).

I'll leave it up to your own personal taste as to whether we have one champion, whether the group winners are the winners and the playoff is added fun, or Blood Bowl is the eventual winner. I'll be calling the winner of the playoff our champion, but winning a group is no small beer. They will all be recorded for prosperity. Wink

Not to forget our Stunty final! Perhaps there is your pound for pound champ, right there! Very Happy
HungDonkeyman

Post   Posted: Apr 04, 2015 - 14:52 Reply with quote Back to top

So basically it's not the winning it's the taking part Very Happy . Thanks for the reply
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Apr 04, 2015 - 19:25 Reply with quote Back to top

No worries!

You'll note a lack of commentary / fluff thus far. That pesky real life has been a bit hardcore. I plan to do a bit of a first round retrospective soon, but don't let me stop you if you fancy wearing the fluff pants for a turn. Very Happy
Verminardo

Post   Posted: Apr 05, 2015 - 22:07 Reply with quote Back to top

One thing that occurred to me, with the size the groups are having, shouldn't five rounds be enough to have a definite winner?
Nightbird

Post   Posted: Apr 05, 2015 - 22:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Verminardo wrote:
One thing that occurred to me, with the size the groups are having, shouldn't five rounds be enough to have a definite winner?

NAF TT tourneys are always 6 games, as far as I know. Thus NAF online tourneys are 6 games. I'm not sure it has anything to do w/ 'should'.

Post   Posted: Apr 05, 2015 - 22:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Nightbird wrote:
Verminardo wrote:

NAF TT tourneys are always 6 games, as far as I know. Thus NAF online tourneys are 6 games. I'm not sure it has anything to do w/ 'should'.

Dutch Open, one of the earliest NAF tournaments is 5 games. Still I think 6 games is great, it allows you the possibility to end up on top even after a 'bad dice' game.
grant85

Post   Posted: Apr 05, 2015 - 22:49 Reply with quote Back to top

BlueDevil420 wrote:
Nightbird wrote:
Verminardo wrote:

Dutch Open, one of the earliest NAF tournaments is 5 games. Still I think 6 games is great, it allows you the possibility to end up on top even after a 'bad dice' game.

most in canada are 5. lots in the USA are only 3. 6 for majors certainly but 5 is common
straume

Post   Posted: Apr 05, 2015 - 23:00 Reply with quote Back to top

BlueDevil420 wrote:
Still I think 6 games is great, it allows you the possibility to end up on top even after a 'bad dice' game.

Agreed. Makes it a lot more open, and also meaningful to play for the draw.
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Apr 06, 2015 - 09:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Indeed. Six plays to the strengths of the format and allows the second chance, 5 less so. No-one is out of contention after the first game, maybe even the second. I've seen 3/2/1 or 4/0/2 win 6 round Swiss events.

6 games to go in round 1, lots of round 2 games already played. Let's push for as close to full completion as possible! If you've not already PM'd me with trouble in your first round game, better late than never! Very Happy
babass

Post   Posted: Apr 06, 2015 - 21:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Purplegoo wrote:
Indeed. Six plays to the strengths of the format and allows the second chance, 5 less so. No-one is out of contention after the first game, maybe even the second. I've seen 3/2/1 or 4/0/2 win 6 round Swiss events.

6 games to go in round 1, lots of round 2 games already played. Let's push for as close to full completion as possible! If you've not already PM'd me with trouble in your first round game, better late than never! Very Happy

At a tourney with 200+ coach (like previous fumbbl-naf-tourney), 6 rounds could be not enough to have a 2nd chance...

i would say, the right number of rounds depends of the numbers of partizipants.
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Apr 06, 2015 - 22:58 Reply with quote Back to top

PM copy / paste:

Hi all,

Do not reply to this PM, please instead use the forum for all discussion.

Round 2 of the Lutèce Cup Challenge has been drawn! Get those games organised! We had a great first round with minimal forfeits and more than one group ploughing into round 2 over the weekend, let’s keep up the momentum.

Remember, with 6 rounds of Swiss and groups of this size, everyone is still in the hunt. Plenty of exciting BB is to come!

Good luck, and remember to contact me as soon as possible if it looks like there is some trouble organising your match.

Thanks,

Phil / Goo
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Apr 06, 2015 - 22:59 Reply with quote Back to top

...Apart from the NA group where we have a tiny technical issue. If these coaches could pause until they hear from me, we'll get that sorted ASAP. Can't think it'll be long.
grant85

Post   Posted: Apr 06, 2015 - 23:04 Reply with quote Back to top

ready when you are boss man. excited to toss more bombs and saw more brains LOL
 Jump to: