78 coaches online • Server time: 22:34
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post One turn score listgoto Post What To Do In My Tur...goto Post Blood Bowl 2024 Edit...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Sp00keh

Post   Posted: Apr 14, 2017 - 10:46 Reply with quote Back to top

in Jackass Proposal #2, would rule 4 include some way to prevent those teams which are historic + huge + inactive, from going straight into a tournament without playing a game and ending a season?
koadah

Post   Posted: Apr 14, 2017 - 10:58 Reply with quote Back to top

thoralf wrote:
mrt1212 wrote:
It absolutely is a selling point!

For those already sold, sure.

In any event, 3000k ain't incompatible with seasons.

Neither is it incompatible with League, as we can hear koadah thinking right now Razz

I'd certainly join a 3000 Club...

Sonrises used to do something like that. Most of the TV was inducements from free cash though.

Could it be done with non progression? Give people loads of cash and a huge number of skills to allocate in round 1? I might be interested in that. Wink
Do non prog teams need to be rebuilt after a tournament or can they continue playing non tournament games?

Post   Posted: Apr 14, 2017 - 11:05 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah wrote:
thoralf wrote:
mrt1212 wrote:

Neither is it incompatible with League, as we can hear koadah thinking right now Razz

Sonrises used to do something like that. Most of the TV was inducements from free cash though.

Could it be done with non progression? Give people loads of cash and a huge number of skills to allocate in round 1? I might be interested in that. Wink
Do non prog teams need to be rebuilt after a tournament or can they continue playing non tournament games?

Sonrises with Rabe and PainState started a series of exhibition games with a selection of players picked from their legendary teams. I created a team but haven't played yet:

Sexy Ogres: https://fumbbl.com/p/team?team_id=866123
Agility Monsters All-Stars: https://fumbbl.com/p/team?team_id=859955
Buccs All-Stars: https://fumbbl.com/p/team?op=view&team_id=747745

Post   Posted: Apr 14, 2017 - 11:54 Reply with quote Back to top

zakatan wrote:
koadah wrote:
thoralf wrote:
mrt1212 wrote:

Sonrises with Rabe and PainState started a series of exhibition games with a selection of players picked from their legendary teams. I created a team but haven't played yet:

Sexy Ogres: https://fumbbl.com/p/team?team_id=866123
Agility Monsters All-Stars: https://fumbbl.com/p/team?team_id=859955
Buccs All-Stars: https://fumbbl.com/p/team?op=view&team_id=747745

Did you create those manually or do you have a script?

Post   Posted: Apr 14, 2017 - 12:07 Reply with quote Back to top

We built them manually.

There's also the Legend's League, that uses ordinary rosters but starts at very high TV with highly skilled players.

Post   Posted: Apr 14, 2017 - 12:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Rabe wrote:
We built them manually.

There's also the Legend's League, that uses ordinary rosters but starts at very high TV with highly skilled players.

Legends looks excellent! Doh! It never occured to me that you could have custom SPPs with standard progression. Wink

If I go Super Secret it definitely won't have seasons. Wink

This looks like a neat trick for testing rosters.

Post   Posted: Apr 14, 2017 - 14:37 Reply with quote Back to top

thoralf wrote:
Cyrus-Havoc wrote:
The point is we can't follow the rule book without making alterations.

I agree with that. I also think we need to make some additions too. GW is renowned for its hipsterish recklessness, after all.

I don't think we need to pussyfoot on the Round Robin example in the rulebook. To give just one example - sport leagues (tennis, ice hockey) are sometimes just a bunch of guys who pool their resources together to rent a place. Sometimes there are dedicated match-ups and dedicated teams, but sometimes it's just free-for-all. In both cases they call themselves a league. In all cases its members register on a season basis.

Sure, you can invite guys from time to time. That's how the league rejuvenates itself. But without its core members there's no league.

That's in that sense, I believe, that Fumbbl is said to be "the largest online Blood Bowl league in the world".

You are describing a club.

DLE College 7s
JackassRampant

Post   Posted: Apr 14, 2017 - 15:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Sp00keh wrote:
in Jackass Proposal #2, would rule 4 include some way to prevent those teams which are historic + huge + inactive, from going straight into a tournament without playing a game and ending a season?
JackassRampant wrote:
3) You can't enter a minor if your season is >25 games old. You can't enter a major if your season is >20 games old.
4) "The past" is one season.
So if you had played 400 games and hadn't ended season, your season would be more than 20 or 25 games old. Your season would also be older than 29 games. In neither proposal would huge historic teams be tournament-eligible (unless they ended season). The difference is that in proposal #1, such teams could continue to grow and build, so long as they stayed out of tournaments (they could enter the FC...).

Post   Posted: Apr 14, 2017 - 15:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Matthueycamo wrote:
You are describing a club.

You mean, like a football club? I doubt it. Saying "tennis club" would be confusing because it's the place where courts are rented. And a hockey club is a team. We amateurs play into what is affectionately called a "garage league". Many leagues start spontaneously, with no real teams or pairing. We throw our sticks in a pile and make teams randomly. Eventually teams are formed. Sometimes there are even shirts.

As long as we have fun, anything goes. Most leagues fall down when a clique takes itself too seriously. Violence sets in. Players disappear. Most girls quit Chess for a similar reason.

Games have clubs. BB is described as a sport. Sports have leagues. BB is a game where you pretend to run a club in a fantasy game. Its rulebook states that we are ipso facto into league play as soon as we play evolutive BB.

Language is a social art.

Last edited by thoralf on %b %14, %2017 - %15:%Apr; edited 7 times in total
JackassRampant

Post   Posted: Apr 14, 2017 - 15:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Hmmm, maybe if proposal #2 included 5 games' worth of "padding", so you could build up a bit of treasury before restarting if, say, game #29 in the season was a doozy.

Jackass Proposal #2.1:
1) You can end season from P-mode at any time, unless you're scheduled in a tournament.
2) You must end season if your season is 35+ games old. Only the last 30 games count for restart gold.
3) You can't enter a minor if your season is >25 games old. You can't enter a major if your season is >20 games old.
4) "The past" is one season. All teams with more than 30 games have 5 matches to end season. (If this is technically difficult, then all teams with 35 or more matches must end season next time they're in ready mode.)

Hmmmm... maybe cap treasury at 500k before rebuild funds. I don't know if that's necessary, but it would probably head off any problems with huge teams getting huge treasuries to rebuild from. If that exists.

Post   Posted: Apr 14, 2017 - 16:46 Reply with quote Back to top

All teams with big treasury got put into P mode already
Most will have gone thru EM but some won't, or will have done it once, rolled well and kept some millions
mrt1212

Post   Posted: Apr 14, 2017 - 17:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Sp00keh wrote:
All teams with big treasury got put into P mode already
Most will have gone thru EM but some won't, or will have done it once, rolled well and kept some millions

From my POV, if you're rolling in the dough to the point that its more likely than not that you'll suffer some serious cash loss on the way to 500k+, why do you need an additional check? You're already carrying the risk before each game and now you suffer an arbitrary cutoff out of fear that you're taking advantage of the system?

Are ya'll the same types that complain about 5+ dodges into -2d6 blocks that work?
JackassRampant

Post   Posted: Apr 14, 2017 - 18:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, if you had managed to build a team over 2.3M or 2.4M in LRB6, and had managed somehow to maintain a huge treasury despite your super-high TV, and rolled a 5+ on Expensive Mistakes, then you could have one unfairly large rebuild. I don't think it's a big deal, but if it is, there are ways to handle it.

Post   Posted: Apr 14, 2017 - 18:48 Reply with quote Back to top

If you are concerned about teams with excess gold at the end of season end rebuy....I already had that covered, just saying.

Iam starting to think JR never really read my version of his rules for season play. Laughing

PainState wrote:

(FUMBBL Optional season Rule #6: at the end of season end rebuy the team will have to make a roll on the Expensive Mistakes chart for any excess Gold on hand) Cool

OR

(FUMBBL optional season Rule #7: No team can have Gold in excess of 250,000 gold at the end of season end rebuy, all excess gold is lost. Do not leave it up to the whims of some fandangled die roll on the EM chart rule) Cool

Post   Posted: Apr 14, 2017 - 19:06 Reply with quote Back to top

I read them, but I don't like them. 250k is too small a number, and an EM roll after rebuy leaves everything to Nuffle's tender mercies in a way that I dislike.

But the principle of rule #7, that's okay. Just increase the threshold from 250k to 400-500k and I'm on board.