18 coaches online • Server time: 07:42
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Finishing the 60 Gam...goto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Borg Invasion
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Alacran

Post   Posted: Dec 03, 2008 - 19:12 Reply with quote Back to top

If everyone blacklisted the same guy, wouldn't that say something about that guy? Of all the coaches on Fumbbl, 'that guy' is the one that no one wants to play? Are you seriously considering that a valid counter-argument? Sounds to me like 'that guy' is a major jake-break and needs to pull his head out of his butt and at least pretend that he is trying to win the game instead of making all the low AV, high agility people leave Bbox.

Now that I've rubbed at least one person the wrong way, I would like to state my feelings on the subject. I do want to say that there has to be a loophole out of playing a 'killer' team. By 'killer' I mean a team that has little to no regard for the ball and in fact tries to eliminate teams. I don't think Blacklisting is the way, because that system can be abused. I will however, in the future, be filing tickets against people that could have won the game, but instead decided to foul my team to oblivion. Imagine the administrative burden of that going on. I can think of one game where the guy fouled me the final 3 turns of the game instead of scoring the tieing touchdown. 'That guy' is a jerk, and it is because of 'that guy' and teams like 'that guy's' team that have dampened my spirits for Blackbox.

For the record, I don't know if we are talking about the same 'that guy,' and whether we are or are not is completely moot. 'That guy' is simply an example of how to play to 'not win,' which is implictly against the rules.
westerner

Post   Posted: Dec 03, 2008 - 19:17 Reply with quote Back to top

pac wrote:
I define winning in the obvious, old-fashioned way. So does (and so should) TS.

I define winning the same way (by scoring). But clearly there some coaches who don't. And the current setup in B is exploitable by those coaches.

One possible solution would be to tweak the TS formula by raising the cost of DP. (I believe it's already linear i.e. each DP costs the same).

Post   Posted: Dec 03, 2008 - 19:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Cassandra never wrote:

What if the scheduler would just use the higher value out of BR and BBR instead of both...
pac

Post   Posted: Dec 03, 2008 - 19:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Alacran wrote:
If everyone blacklisted the same guy, wouldn't that say something about that guy? Of all the coaches on Fumbbl, 'that guy' is the one that no one wants to play? Are you seriously considering that a valid counter-argument?

If someone really is hated by everyone on FUMBBL, he has probably broken a rule or two. Reporting that (as you point out further on) is a better way of dealing with them than ostracism.

Quote:
I can think of one game where the guy fouled me the final 3 turns of the game instead of scoring the tieing touchdown. 'That guy' is a jerk, and it is because of 'that guy' and teams like 'that guy's' team that have dampened my spirits for Blackbox.

Perhaps 'that guy's' thinking was: my opponent can score easily in two or three turns. If I score in Turn 5 or 6 he will probably win. I will score in Turn 8 and take the draw. In the mean time … let's kill some stuff. Twisted Evil
Synn

Post   Posted: Dec 03, 2008 - 19:41 Reply with quote Back to top

ImageImageImage

Some have them.... some don't.

__Synn
**good to finally put this flamethrower to use....
Synn

Post   Posted: Dec 03, 2008 - 19:41 Reply with quote Back to top

For the record.....

I found Strawberrykiss to be quite fun to play against.

__Synn
SergeiBautin

Post   Posted: Dec 03, 2008 - 19:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Synn wrote:
ImageImageImage

Some have them.... some don't.

__Synn
**good to finally put this flamethrower to use....

Eggs?

Post   Posted: Dec 03, 2008 - 19:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Huevos is another term...... for our Spanish speaking friends.

__Synn
Dominik

Post   Posted: Dec 03, 2008 - 19:48 Reply with quote Back to top

JanMattys wrote:
Dominik wrote:
No blacklist for Blackbox. You could blacklist all good coaches or all coaches with only bashy teams and get to cherrypick even easier than in Ranked!

Congrats for not reading the thread
Wink

Did I really miss something important? My subjective impression that this is the 100th thread which tries to make Blackbox less rough than it is currently. But this is what Blackbox should be: The hard'n'straight way. No tricks, no doubts, no lurking - game on!
Tappajasorsa

Post   Posted: Dec 03, 2008 - 19:48 Reply with quote Back to top

also finnish
Synn

Post   Posted: Dec 03, 2008 - 19:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Dominik...

I agree with you. You are completely right.

No i don't have a webcam Very Happy

__Synn
Fallen00

Post   Posted: Dec 03, 2008 - 19:52 Reply with quote Back to top

There's entries in the rulebook about teams forgetting about the ball and going after opponents, doesnt that say a lot about the game in general?

It is a strategy game and you can play it any way you want, except losing on purposes. I dont define "killing as many players as you can" losing on purpose.

I heard theres a game called monopoly where you can throw dices too, and not be emotionally attached to the results. Some of you guys should try it out.
Synn

Post   Posted: Dec 03, 2008 - 19:54 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't know Fallen00....

If I land on your boardwalk with hotel, I am very liable to shove my "shoe" square up your "thimble".

__Synn
paulhicks

Post   Posted: Dec 03, 2008 - 20:18 Reply with quote Back to top

ok i dont play [B] at all (if this was like the stunty or faction forums i'd be told my opinion wasnt valid based on that fact alone... lets see if its the same here) but this thread kinda interested me.
I tried hard to read all the posts though i wont deny i mearly skimed some of them and i think your all utterly failing to read <b><u>1</b></u> very important point that meech raised... he doesnt do it often so really should be listened to when he does.

p.s. arnt you all glad i dont play [B] now? Very Happy

p.p.s.

Dominik wrote:
No blacklist for Blackbox. You could blacklist all good coaches or all coaches with only bashy teams and get to cherrypick even easier than in Ranked!

when the king of the blacklist says no to your blacklist idea its never gonna happen Razz

p.p.p.s.
on a slightly more serious point if you allowed people to blacklist certain coaches they dont wanna play in [B] will you allow them to blacklist coaches they dont want to meet in smacks and major tournaments too? (sry if anyone already raised this point)

Post   Posted: Dec 03, 2008 - 20:23 Reply with quote Back to top

I, ah, don't like this idea...

I wouldn't use a blacklist... but the temptation to use it use it on whichever coach had a scary dp-Khemri or claw-rsc Chaos outfit, and was most skilled at using it, in the TS range of my favourite team would be there. Maybe others would succumb to that temptation. I would prefer to face a random selection of opposing teams which had themselves faced an equally random selection.