23 coaches online • Server time: 07:58
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Borg Invasiongoto Post Making Assassins mor...goto Post New Team Page Beta
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
ClayInfinity

Post   Posted: Mar 10, 2005 - 09:46 Reply with quote Back to top

chunky04 wrote:
Is it possible to get into the HoF without meeting the spp requirements? My team building and playing style doesn't really lend itself to creating high spp players. Despite a reasonable amount of success in SWL, I've yet to get a player over 50 spp.

LOL! Are you serious? Get a SPP hog like the rest of us!

Speaking of SPP hogs, Blax Landric went in again twice against the Flitter Mice last night... *oink*oink*
Snorri

Post   Posted: Mar 12, 2005 - 08:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Proudly sponsored by the Donut Shoppe Emporium, the Hall of Fame has had a wee bit of a makeover!

It should automatically update your player's statistics every hour (on the server's time - not local time) so no need to manually keep track of these anymore. The only exception is for their status (active, retired or dead).

Hopefully it is a little more intuitive to get around - thanks for the feedback guys, it was helpful.

It has also moved, though it is still linked in from the entrance page. You can refind it here.

Enjoy!
Snorri[/b]
BloodReaper

Post   Posted: Mar 12, 2005 - 08:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Is it just me or is it funny how all players in the Hall of Fame have 5 MVPs
Faulcon

Post   Posted: Mar 13, 2005 - 01:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Thshltraeeay has 6 (and he got his last one in november last year so it's not a recent addition). Qnchdooieoe had 4.
Sparticus

Post   Posted: Mar 13, 2005 - 02:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Is the Chunkathon a Complete waste of time???....

In my belief yes it is.... its nothing but a cherry picking season for teams that would be struggleing in the SWL Preimer\Confrences
to get a chance to play soft match ups, heres a example of this crap were seeing come thou http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=689590....now WTF was that game sopposed to achive apart team building for the skaven, a match up like that doesnt nothing good for the SWL...

then theres the NO your teams too bashy to play me, i might get hurt.......now in saying this YES i am a dwarf coach, but in my defence i never made any UNFAIR challangers, evey team i challanged had a TR diffrence no greater than 40, and the team was over TR 200+. where as 2 elf teams wouldn't hesistate on playing that match up...

so it seems that the Chunkathon only benifits the the Less bashy teams, and anyone with a Decent team has to miss out, as they cant find a match up anyone is willing to play(which i might add they worked for during the SEASONS play)..

i say Bring back the Picnic and teams can nominate weather or not they wish to be apart of it...OR

have a chunkathon but break the teams up into confrences of say 7 - 10, they can only play teams within those confrences (which are sorted by a lose TR (ie 200+, 150- 200, 100-150)this will limit the amount of games teams can play, and force a resonable match which is winable by both teams...
Snorri

Post   Posted: Mar 13, 2005 - 03:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Gnat is a very new player - barely played 5 games on fumbbl. I would hope people would in the SWL would have more consideration for the new guys than to use and abuse them in such lopsided contests for themselves. I have seen a few examples of this of late - knocking the enthusiasm out of new players is not a very gracious way to introduce them into the swl.
Snorri

Post   Posted: Mar 13, 2005 - 03:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Hall of fame MVP bug fixed - silly testing relic Razz
Twahn

Post   Posted: Mar 13, 2005 - 03:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Sparticus wrote:
Is the Chunkathon a Complete waste of time???....

In my belief yes it is....

With very little thought given to it really, I'd have to say my gut reaction is to agree with Spart on this one.
A bitter hatred for cherry picking is one of the main reasons that the SWL was created in the first place... that and, of course to foster our great community and create as realistic and satisfying a league as could be managed...

Gotta say I don't like cherries though, don't like 'em one bit.... Smile

DonTwahn's Dungeon = Cheap Miniatures! Check it out...

Last edited by Twahn on %b %13, %2005 - %03:%Mar; edited 1 time in total
Smegish

Post   Posted: Mar 13, 2005 - 03:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Well Spart, while I agree that THAT game was really uneven, it hasn't been all bad. But if you break up the teams into divisions, that means that it's impossible for the new guys to make a team big enough for the conferences, limiting them to another season of qpool only, and that might make them lose interest.
I say if they're willing to play let em play, they'll learn which of the Veteran SWL'ers to avoid early on, and they can't be competitive if they dont get any games in.

That's my two cents anyway Smile
ClayInfinity

Post   Posted: Mar 13, 2005 - 05:08 Reply with quote Back to top

The object of the Chunkathon is to assist the less Bashy teams... we make no bones about that. It is also there to get new coaches up to speed - the TR180 cap in the QPool wasnt cutting it.

Thirdly, it was to assist all teams in the SWL in getting rid of nigglers and a bit of extra cash.

All those things add to a sense of cherry picking in a way, but we will monitor unfair matchups and will pull the plug on the chunkathon if we find the spirit of the SWL being abused.

In the match in question, I see no harm done. 4TD's is not excessive and the underdog got good cash, a +FF and only 1MNG. However, if this trend continues in a gross fashion, then we will cease the Chunkathon and move into SWL 9.
gumbi

Post   Posted: Mar 13, 2005 - 06:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi Guys

Please keep checking the file in the topic to make sure that your players that died during the chunkathon are present, and send me the link to the game that they died in if they are missing....

www.gumbi.net/files/ChunkDeaths.htm
DaemonicLazoth

Post   Posted: Mar 13, 2005 - 07:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
Clayinfinity wrote

The object of the Chunkathon is to assist the less Bashy teams

Would that included my necros?

Post   Posted: Mar 13, 2005 - 08:21 Reply with quote Back to top

hows that even remotley in the intrests of playing in thr SWL to assist less bashy teams in the swl so if you play chaos\dwarfs\CDs\Orcs\ or anything that has guard and MB the chunkathon isnt for you... well i ask you now... what do the bashy teams get???... its unbalanced....plain and simple
DoubleSkulls

Post   Posted: Mar 13, 2005 - 09:10 Reply with quote Back to top

A noob and TR100+ difference. Rolling Eyes I think Symmetrical deserves a rap on the knuckles for doing that.

Post   Posted: Mar 13, 2005 - 10:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Hmm I guess most of you guys would call my teams bashy (i.e Falling Apart Together or L'roths Destroyers) and I havent had that much trouble getting a game for them even with Lupis' record Razz