31 coaches online • Server time: 02:26
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Making Assassins mor...goto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post NAF Charity Tourney ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
quota

Post   Posted: Dec 12, 2006 - 20:02 Reply with quote Back to top

It looks easy because we agreed to pick targets and that forces the scientists to follow. This looks good to me. I'm pretty convinced Walks is a scientist no matter what. He seems to be going too hard for Schwip somehow. Also, if Lenny is a scientist, then I don't think Schwip is, as I said earlier. If Lenny isn't, well then we're royally screwed either way.

SchwipSchwap wrote:
Walks_in_the_Sun wrote:
SchwipSchwap wrote:
Fama wrote:
I don't think I'm gonna mark Schwip as a sure scientist if Lenny is guilty, tho Wink

Actually, Walks_in_the_Sun is a pretty sure scientist if Lenny is guilty seing how he wanted to swing the voting in last minute.
If surprisingly Lenny should turn up innocent you can torture me tomorrow (and lose) if you want.

Sure thing Rolling Eyes

Just cause he turns up guilty doesn't change the fact that scientists voted for him, that I could be afraid it's too easy, or that you could be a scientist too.

If he turns up guilty it's obvious you are guilty (for me at least).

Then either you're a scientist or I've been giving you far too much credit.
Plorg

--------------------------
6 Lenny (SchwipSchwap, quota, Fama, Plorg, Purplegoo, Sickroy)
2 SchwipSchwap (Lenny, Walks_in_the_Sun)
SchwipSchwap

Post 6 Posted: Dec 12, 2006 - 20:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Sickroy wrote:
Man..this game is nuts. I tried to find something suspicious for the last hour, but nothing makes sense to me.

Hmm....now that the voting is over. I would really like to hear your thoughts you had the past hour. Anything. Even if it does not make sense.
Maybe there is something in between.
Walks_in_the_Sun

Post   Posted: Dec 12, 2006 - 20:10 Reply with quote Back to top

quota wrote:
It looks easy because we agreed to pick targets and that forces the scientists to follow. This looks good to me. I'm pretty convinced Walks is a scientist no matter what. He seems to be going too hard for Schwip somehow. Also, if Lenny is a scientist, then I don't think Schwip is, as I said earlier. If Lenny isn't, well then we're royally screwed either way.

Not you too.

Look, I hope you're right about why this is easy. And if Lenny is a scientist, with only me voting against Schwip, I'll be willing to listen to other options. purple is still my #1 target.

I hope I'm wrong about Lenny. I don't like being in a position where people only trust me if we're gonna lose anyway.
Walks_in_the_Sun

Post   Posted: Dec 12, 2006 - 20:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Also, what sense would it make for two scientists to isolate themselves in voting an innocent?

And then you have to explain Plorg unvoting me. (Thanks, Plorg).
SchwipSchwap

Post 6 Posted: Dec 12, 2006 - 20:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Walks_in_the_Sun wrote:
Also, what sense would it make for two scientists to isolate themselves in voting an innocent?

Actually, I was asking me that question, too. If the scientist votes against innocents it's a losing strategy for them. And I'm still wondering how you want to survive tomorrow if Lenny turns out red. Especially if I die in the cell. Still, the way how you wanted to shift the voting from Lenny to me after quota mentioned that he thinks either me or Lenny is a scientist was suspicous as hell. Even you must admit that.
quota

Post   Posted: Dec 12, 2006 - 20:18 Reply with quote Back to top

That's a good point, Walks. I'll take a break from trying to deduct who's what until we know what happens with the current suspects. But you're right, it does seem unlikely that you're a scientist if Lenny is.

Post 6 Posted: Dec 12, 2006 - 20:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Walks_in_the_Sun wrote:

If you are innocent why the hell did Lenny switch from supporting my idea to vote against Sickroy/you to voting against me? You have an explanation for that?
(please don't that as an attack on you...I'm currently assuming you are innocent).
Walks_in_the_Sun

Post   Posted: Dec 12, 2006 - 20:35 Reply with quote Back to top

I dunno - I think Lenny opened the voting with you, and you voted him back, correct? I don't know what that happened, whether either of you is a scientist or not. It is strange that the first two targets ended up on the block, and picked each other, no less. Maybe that's just a product of working with small numbers, I don't usually make it this far.
Walks_in_the_Sun

Post   Posted: Dec 12, 2006 - 20:39 Reply with quote Back to top

SchwipSchwap wrote:
Walks_in_the_Sun wrote:

Actually, I was asking me that question, too. If the scientist votes against innocents it's a losing strategy for them. And I'm still wondering how you want to survive tomorrow if Lenny turns out red. Especially if I die in the cell. Still, the way how you wanted to shift the voting from Lenny to me after quota mentioned that he thinks either me or Lenny is a scientist was suspicous as hell. Even you must admit that.

No, I don't, and it isn't. Or it shouldn't be.

You're both likely enough targets. I suspect you slightly more than I suspect Lenny. And the way the votes lined up, I got scared. Maybe we got lucky and the scientists were afraid to show themselves or came in late. Or maybe they were comfortably voting for an innocent. Or maybe you were both innocent or both guilty, so it didn't matter what they did.

But I was afraid that Lenny might be innocent and you guilty, and that's why the votes fell as they did. It matches several earlier situations. This may all make more sense once we know Lenny's (and potentially your) identity.
JanMattys

Post   Posted: Dec 12, 2006 - 20:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok, guys, I'm home.

I have to go out for another hour or so, so I'll post everything as soon as I get back.
I'd like a final vote count ready when I come back

Jan
ps: sorry for being busy all of a sudden, but RL really jumped on me (good money but little time left)
pps: if you want to talk, do it in character in terms of last words... I'd like to remember everybody that the one with more votes is now DEAD and the second one is alone in a cell. So you can use this time to roleplay your last (?) moments, but I'd appreciate no discussion about strategies (from those who are either dead or in a cell, at least).

Thanks and again sorry for not being able to post now Sad

Post   Posted: Dec 12, 2006 - 20:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Plorg wrote:
6 Lenny (SchwipSchwap, quota, Fama, Plorg, Purplegoo, Sickroy)
2 SchwipSchwap (Lenny, Walks_in_the_Sun)
Walks_in_the_Sun

Post   Posted: Dec 12, 2006 - 20:55 Reply with quote Back to top

He slumped into the corner and put his head in his hands.

He had survived one more day.

How much longer could this possibly go on?

Running short on suspects, the others had finally turned on him.

They were desperate, lost, perhaps even a bit crazy.

They all needed someone to blame, and after the trail of dead they had left in their wake, it looked like he was it.

He stared at the closed hatch on the other side of the cell.

He felt certain that all their hopes of survival and escape rested on the man coming back.
JanMattys

Post   Posted: Dec 12, 2006 - 21:56 Reply with quote Back to top

doh Very Happy

Last edited by JanMattys on %b %12, %2006 - %22:%Dec; edited 1 time in total
 Jump to: