39 coaches online • Server time: 16:51
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Making Assassins mor...goto Post Blood Bowl 2024 Edit...goto Post IBA Draft League
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
MickeX

Post   Posted: Jan 09, 2007 - 18:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Synn wrote:
I view it as "i value a win against you more than my team."

Nemeton wrote:
I view my team as more important than a win against you.

That was a good distinction. Personally, I think like Synn.

When playing me, you can expect me to forget to foul. To keep from forgetting, I try to remind the other coach of fouling my important players. It usually works well. That also has the healthy side effect of keeping my TR/TS low, as I like it Smile

Helping new players understand the game mechanics involved in fouling and stalling is kind of interesting. A small advice: a key thing is to play quickly when stalling. "Your next game is just behind the corner. Make sure that opponent can't stall you out." (I don't mind at all if coaches prefer playing without these parts of the game, but I do believe many can be converted to liking them.)
torsoboy

Post   Posted: Jan 09, 2007 - 18:39 Reply with quote Back to top

I try to win by all means allowed by the rulebook. I try to destroy your team in the process if you can. I expect the same from my opponent. There are certain coaches I will not play, but when I do play everything goes except dragging the game on for hours.

Post   Posted: Jan 09, 2007 - 19:36 Reply with quote Back to top

I like the sound when a player dies...
Ironik

Post   Posted: Jan 09, 2007 - 19:48 Reply with quote Back to top

this could degenerate very quickly with the thread closed very quickly.
DonTomaso

Post   Posted: Jan 09, 2007 - 19:52 Reply with quote Back to top

I play for fun... Chat a bit... play a little more. The outcome of the game is not as important as the experience. (The journey is more important than the goal.)

Since Fumbbl now is a global phenomenon I take every chance I can to chat with ppl from various countries... with various hobbies, jobs, walks of life, etc.

Therefor I sometimes turn down challenges from ppl with nothing written in their bio. I want 'to know' who I am gaming with...

Post   Posted: Jan 09, 2007 - 19:54 Reply with quote Back to top

DonTomaso wrote:

Therefor I sometimes turn down challenges from ppl with nothing written in their bio. I want 'to know' who I am gaming with...

Good on you mate...I hate those blank bios too!!!

[21:35] <@Purp|away> why is it whenever I come to check the PC, Russo is lowering the tone?! Razz
================================
[22:59] <princevaliant> NBL has gotten to be such a dirty channel
[22:59] <princevaliant> ty Russo Very Happy

BiggieB is my idol
Arktoris

Post   Posted: Jan 09, 2007 - 20:13 Reply with quote Back to top

what you can expect varies from team to team of mine. Each have their own personality, goals to acheive, and life of their own.

one common element however, is I'd rather keep it friendly between coaches, even if the teams want to rip each other apart.

Post   Posted: Jan 09, 2007 - 20:27 Reply with quote Back to top

My motivation isn't the eSports aspect of JavaBB, I play to fight boredom and loneliness.
Expect an irrational match on a gut level when our teams meet in the virtual arena. %) Motto: No risk, no fun!

Nature_Warden

Post   Posted: Jan 10, 2007 - 12:57 Reply with quote Back to top

*Points at his profile*

I keep playing because there's nothing better to do and I love watching a favourite team grow...
 Jump to: