78 coaches online • Server time: 22:02
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post A Guide to Finding G...goto Post Finishing the 60 Gam...goto Post Tentacles and Frenzy
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Azrahn

Post   Posted: Feb 01, 2007 - 12:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Right, the game is full. I shall make the draw for the countries soon and then the negotiations can begin!

If everyone could join the group for this Diplomacy game, here with any team of their choosing then it'll make everyones job easier.

Also there is the main Fumbbl Diplomacy group, which can be found, here. Don't get confused by the map on that page. I'll be posting the one for our game on the first group when appropriate.
GrinningD

Post   Posted: Feb 01, 2007 - 13:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey I'm already on the list I know but I'd just like to say Kudos to Azrahn for starting a second game for those of us who missed out on the first Smile
Azrahn

Post   Posted: Feb 01, 2007 - 16:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Your have been assigned your countries as follows:

- Qaz (Italy)
- Walks_in_the_Sun (France)
- Panda_ (England)
- Macavity (Germany)
- MadMac321 (Turkey)
- ClayInfinity (Austria-Hungary)
- GrinningD (Russia)

If the few of you left could add a team to the group page here that would be much appreciated.

Also, would you like me to post the current game turn map on this thread as well as in the group? Probably the easiest way to have seen the history of the game as we progress. Thanks and good luck with your negotiations. I look forward to receiving your orders!
Macavity

Post   Posted: Feb 01, 2007 - 18:33 Reply with quote Back to top

I would like you to post the current game turn in here, yes. I'm assuming that everyone knows how to enter moves properly, and/or can us the program to genrate them. I've been playing for years, so if you have any general rules questions, I can answer them here or by PM! Remember, it's Diplomacy, so make contact, even if it's just to say "hello"!

Oh yeah, is it too much of a pain for you to use the LATEST orders? In other words, could I place orders now, and if someone suggests somethign better, I can send new ones before Monday? I'll understand if that's too much work, but it would be nice.

Post   Posted: Feb 01, 2007 - 20:09 Reply with quote Back to top

In fact, it would be good to post in the thread the order that you take in account to resolve the turn, and the map after the resolution.
I second Macavity idea about using the LATEST orders. As one might realise some mistakes 2 days after sending them.

Post   Posted: Feb 01, 2007 - 20:46 Reply with quote Back to top

If we stick to the rigid schedule as opposed to the first game which I think plans to run as soon as all the orders are in then taking the last set of orders you send me isn't going to be a problem. Be aware that if you replace your orders and then change your mind and want to go back to the old ones though I'll most likely have deleted the first lot so you'll need to write them out again Wink

I'll quite happily post the orders before resolution in this thread along with the map that it gives after that. I'll keep it to being just the current map on the group page though to keep it more tidy. I'll post the retreat and build orders in the same way as with the normal turns too. Actually means I don't need to keep as many files kicking about which will make life that little bit easier for me Smile

Obviously orders will only be posted on the thread after the deadline has passed! Should probably all be aware that the program doesn't automatically put your armies/fleets on HOLD so if that's what you want it needs to be in your orders. Otherwise if the army is attacked it just gets disbanded. Probably best to check the site on the program being used (as shown on the group page) if you want more information on that.
Qaz

Post   Posted: Feb 01, 2007 - 20:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Greetings fellow Europeans. We stand now at troubled times in Europe. Only by our combined efforts and good will can we secure peace and prosperity. Italy as central and cultural influent nation would like to facilitate a meeting with the rulers of Europ to see how we can solve our differences.

Yours truly Italien prime minister Qaz

"he who has relied least on fortune is established
the strongest"
Niccolo Machiavelli
Azrahn

Post   Posted: Feb 01, 2007 - 20:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Spring 1901 (Main)

Qaz

Post   Posted: Feb 01, 2007 - 20:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Edit
Azrahn was rigth I was wrong Smile dont forget to issue hold orders people Smile I only did testing with one attacking unit. Did as Azrahn did and found the same result as he did. så people HOLD YOUR GROUND!

"he who has relied least on fortune is established
the strongest"
Niccolo Machiavelli

Last edited by Qaz on %b %01, %2007 - %21:%Feb; edited 1 time in total
Azrahn

Post   Posted: Feb 01, 2007 - 20:58 Reply with quote Back to top

When I did some testing and a unit which was given no orders was attacked by another army with support it was disbanded without the option to retreat somewhere. I'm new to using this program and haven't had much chance to test it though so I'll go along with what Qaz says.
ClayInfinity

Post   Posted: Feb 02, 2007 - 14:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Just a note from me to all the other players, I am in Australia and hence am in a different timezone than most (all?) of you.

Just be aware of that if you're seeking an urgent response from me Wink

Clay
Macavity

Post   Posted: Feb 02, 2007 - 17:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey, Panda, can you join the group, so PMing is easier? (I know you don't have spare teams, but....)

Post   Posted: Feb 02, 2007 - 18:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Teams being in the group doesn't stop them being played as normal so that shouldn't be a problem. Least I hope that's how it works, otherwise this group idea might not have been so good! Wink
ClayInfinity

Post   Posted: Feb 02, 2007 - 22:14 Reply with quote Back to top

No your right Azhran... being in a group doesnt stop the team playing elsewhere
Macavity

Post   Posted: Feb 03, 2007 - 17:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Just so you all know, typically I will be incommunicado on Sundays. If there is anything urgent, you should try and reach me by pm on Saturdays.